Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 05-23-2008, 08:06 PM

Default tc encore

today me and my buddy went up to caroline supplies their to b.s and look at some guns in are spares at school. Chris the guy working at the gun counter said i got some thing you will be interested in and he pulls out a tc encore in a 22-250. My first impression was WOW! it had a 26 inch stainless steal barrel and did it ever feel nice in the hands. It had an adjustable trigger and with being able to make it any caliber i was for $250 including some wildcats. Then the one guy that works at my moms store comes in and he tells me he was one and he says their incredibly accurate. Plus if i ever want to go hunt a muzzle loader season any where all i gotta do is by the barrel. By the time we were done i had found my next gun and was late for social 20 (o well i think im failing anyway) lol
Old 05-24-2008, 11:34 AM

Yes, TC's are nice units and they certainly are very accurate. Assuming you are content with a single shot, the TC is a good option. Remember though that each barrel still needs a scope for it or you must use a good quick detach scope mounting system and then re-sight everytime you move the scope from barrel to barrel. The whole TC Encore rifle (stock and barrel) is not cheaper to buy than a regular rifle, in fact, in some instances, they are more expensive. I considered this option myself but would rather have different rifles for each calibre I shoot and don't want the hassle of scope change over.