Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-23-2011, 11:46 AM

To funny, thanks for the laugh
Old 05-23-2011, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsetrader View Post
This is the guy you got to watch
wtf?? he's releasing babies into the lake?? Thats child abuse !!!
Old 05-23-2011, 03:13 PM

lol, it seems paranoia runs rampid here. I see little more than a boy playing in water. Those photos don't appear implicating at all IMO. C'mon folks, are we gonna form a lynch mob over a kid and a bucket in the water? By looking at the size of his arms and legs, how much ambition would it have taken to say, hey kid, what's in the bucket...BEFORE you grab for a camera. If there WERE fish in the bucket, would you sit back and photo while he's dumping them in??? WHY?? Would you be afraid to confront this monster of muscle? lol I think a bucket brigader would simply stand on shore and toss away, rather than go wading.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:38 PM
Gone Hunting

Well he's an old bald guy, not a kid and he's likely the reason the NSR is drying up. Wonder what he's doing with the water?

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 05-23-2011, 03:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
Well he's an old bald guy, not a kid and he's likely the reason the NSR is drying up. Wonder what he's doing with the water?
NOW THAT"S FUNNY ....got to change my pants now.......
Old 05-23-2011, 04:11 PM

All I can say guys is WOW. Im 99% sure that Ghostguy isn't a r'tard. Why would he have taken the pics let alone posted them if the guy wasn't obviously doing something wrong. My guess is what was going on is hard to capture with pictures.. am i right??
Seriously, the guy could be filling a bucket OR he could be releasing perch from said bucket.. Ask Sundance...perch aren't fun.

But here you all are, jumping on this guy because his pictures maybe don't quite capture the entire story.

All i can say is kudos to you Ghostguy, its people like you that help protect and maintain our fisheries.

As to MOST everyone else.. WOW. Connect the dots.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:22 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostguy6 View Post
I really didnt think I needed any more of an explanation than the title, he is releasing fish from different waters into that lake.
I don't see anyone "jumping on you" and I am not ether.

What are some more details you can give us? Did you see fish? Did you know that those fish came from another lake? Did you report the situation to SRD with some evidence and are they laying charges?

I am not doubting you, just would like some more details on this interesting situation.

Archery Sept. 1 - Oct. 31 Muzzleloader and Crossbow Oct. 1 - Oct. 31 Rifle Nov. 25 - Nov. 30

...And HIS kingdom shall have no end...
Old 05-23-2011, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy4 View Post
I don't see anyone "jumping on you" and I am not ether.

What are some more details you can give us? Did you see fish? Did you know that those fish came from another lake? Did you report the situation to SRD with some evidence and are they laying charges?

I am not doubting you, just would like some more details on this interesting situation.
^^^^^
X2

This is what I was getting at with my post.

Lefty
Old 05-23-2011, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishingFrenzy View Post
All I can say guys is WOW. Im 99% sure that Ghostguy isn't a r'tard. Why would he have taken the pics let alone posted them if the guy wasn't obviously doing something wrong. My guess is what was going on is hard to capture with pictures.. am i right??
Seriously, the guy could be filling a bucket OR he could be releasing perch from said bucket.. Ask Sundance...perch aren't fun.

But here you all are, jumping on this guy because his pictures maybe don't quite capture the entire story.

All i can say is kudos to you Ghostguy, its people like you that help protect and maintain our fisheries.

As to MOST everyone else.. WOW. Connect the dots.
yup and if there is a new spiecies ghost will be in the good books for taking the pics.
i hope its not a place were there was once trout that would sck and how does these people get perch?
Old 05-23-2011, 05:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Hunter7 View Post
im pretty sure there was a fire ban.
So your saying the guy won't break the law and have a fire but he will break the law and transfer fish.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:21 PM

So are you able to provide more information, for example, what kind of fish and what lake?!

Also, did you say anything to him?!

Thanks,

P
Old 05-23-2011, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
hes bringing the water down here and dumping it in the Bow, it was very high today, so obviously there was a whole crew of them.

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 05-23-2011, 05:24 PM

Get Real...if your g/f was about to be raped, and the guy in those photos was the culprit...would you go for the guy....or the camera?? I know how the ghost answered...how bout the rest of you? Go ahead...pin a medal on him. Pathetic!
Old 05-23-2011, 05:27 PM

Quote:
So your saying the guy won't break the law and have a fire but he will break the law and transfer fish.
who knows lol all we got is some pics to make the best of it.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:38 PM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by finsnfeathers View Post

Get Real...if your g/f was about to be raped, and the guy in those photos was the culprit...would you go for the guy....or the camera?? I know how the ghost answered...how bout the rest of you? Go ahead...pin a medal on him. Pathetic!
Wow... think you could have used a more disturbing example?

Lets see, When citizens take things into their own hands..with our justice system..who do you think will be punished? Not to mention the fact that if I was the one witnessing the fish being dumped.. and i confronted the guy what would happen? Might get in a fight, might get some personal satisfaction but at the end of the day I haven't gotten any further towards stopping the bucket biologist. Without evidence (like GG's pics) the F&W can't find/catch the guy..

So how has your idea worked out.. you get in a fight with the guy.. walk away with a bloody nose and the guy drives off.. What has been gained?? Zip, Zero, Nadda

You should be friends with best guide... you think alike...
Old 05-23-2011, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishingFrenzy View Post
Wow... think you could have used a more disturbing example?

Lets see, When citizens take things into their own hands..with our justice system..who do you think will be punished? Not to mention the fact that if I was the one witnessing the fish being dumped.. and i confronted the guy what would happen? Might get in a fight, might get some personal satisfaction but at the end of the day I haven't gotten any further towards stopping the bucket biologist. Without evidence (like GG's pics) the F&W can't find/catch the guy..

So how has your idea worked out.. you get in a fight with the guy.. walk away with a bloody nose and the guy drives off.. What has been gained?? Zip, Zero, Nadda

You should be friends with best guide... you think alike...
thats why they call him ghost cause the guy never seen him taking a picture.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:49 PM

I'm 6' 3"...205 lbs, and no..the guy in the photo wouldn't scare my mother. If there were fish in the bucket, they wouldn't have made it to the water. End of story. Chances are, a confrontation wouldn't have added up to much, and the lake, pond, whatever, would have been saved from many dollars worth of reclamation. Most likely, letting the person know that his little project is highly illegal, and explaining why, would have been all that was needed.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:55 PM

ghostguy6? can we get more details? have you takin the pics in yet?
Old 05-23-2011, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finsnfeathers View Post

I'm 6' 3"...205 lbs, and no..the guy in the photo wouldn't scare my mother. If there were fish in the bucket, they wouldn't have made it to the water. End of story. Chances are, a confrontation wouldn't have added up to much, and the lake, pond, whatever, would have been saved from many dollars worth of reclamation. Most likely, letting the person know that his little project is highly illegal, and explaining why, would have been all that was needed.
I never said the guy was scary.. or that you or I couldn't easily intimidate him. What I said is that, if we let the proper authorities deal with the problem, the guy will suffer whatever punishment they deem appropriate.
Now I agree with you that having a friendly conversation with the guy BEFORE he lets the fish go, telling him its illegal, is a good idea. But on the other hand, I think if a guy "cares" enough and thinks he's "smart" enough to "improve" our lakes, 5 bucks says he knows it illegal.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:59 PM

Just my 2 cents but if a person was going to do such a thing in front of somebody would't you throw the fish into the lake and get the hell out of dodge! If your not smart enough too do it incognito "I hope i spelled that right" What makes you think this dude is smart enough to let alone catch a fish or operate a fishing rod! Criminals are dumb but if this guy was "bucket brigading" he is 1 dumb SOB! Like I said just my 2 cents!
Old 05-23-2011, 09:30 PM

I think that GHOST has more information he can't share with us and we need to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:35 PM

if the suspect ended up beaten near to death and his bucket was tossed in the river......im pretty sure i know who did it
if the suspects car was battery-less.....im even more confident i know
if a note was left beotching about Edmonton....case solved
Old 05-23-2011, 09:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbdarter View Post
if the suspect ended up beaten near to death and his bucket was tossed in the river......im pretty sure i know who did it
....HAHAHAHA.......That's awesome you got it all in one post..........
Old 05-23-2011, 09:41 PM

Quote:
....HAHAHAHA.......That's awesome you got it all in one post..........
not quite...some quality control guy you are

Originally Posted by chubbdarter
if the suspect ended up beaten near to death and his BEST bucket was tossed in the river......im pretty sure i know who did it
if the suspects BEST car was battery-less.....im even more confident i know
if a BEST note was left beotching about Edmonton....case solved
Old 05-23-2011, 09:44 PM

Quote:
the murder rates are up in edmonton this year because battery theft is running rampant in the city....used to be only confined to hongcouver!
Old 05-23-2011, 09:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
not quite...some quality control guy you are

Originally Posted by chubbdarter
if the suspect ended up beaten near to death and his BEST bucket was tossed in the river......im pretty sure i know who did it
if the suspects BEST car was battery-less.....im even more confident i know
if a BEST note was left beotching about Edmonton....case solved
There you go I must be getting old..
Old 05-23-2011, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickrel pat View Post
the murder rates are up in edmonton this year because battery theft is running rampant in the city....used to be only confined to hongcouver!

suicide rates will go up when the River runs dry
Old 05-23-2011, 10:12 PM

Quote:

Hands down, funniest thing i have read in a while!!!
Thanks for that one.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:38 PM

:O
Old 05-23-2011, 11:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
This post is just pure awesomeness