Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-24-2011, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy4 View Post
I don't see anyone "jumping on you" and I am not ether.

What are some more details you can give us? Did you see fish? Did you know that those fish came from another lake? Did you report the situation to SRD with some evidence and are they laying charges?

I am not doubting you, just would like some more details on this interesting situation.
X3...

I am not jumping on the OP either. In fact, if he saw what he described, he should be commended for taking the actions that he did. We should ALL be so vigilant. If there are more details that he is not able to share, I hope he HAS shared them with the authorities so the situation can be dealt with appropriately.

But having said all that, I stand by my original comments. The pictures presented, if taken at face value, do not depict anything illegal IMHO. Maybe there is more to the story....maybe not. But based on what I have seen provided as evidence, I would not jump to any conclusions here. More info is needed..

But ultimately, it doesn't matter what any of us thinks of this thread. That is what the authorities are for.

"There seems to be alot of urinating in breakfast cereal around here." - Rackman, 2010

"It is true, there are dead beat dads out there, and there are thousands of dead beat moms too, who live off the efforts of good men trying to do the right thing." -KegRiver, 2011

"You have social media to thank for turning everyone into self-righteous know-it-alls.." -random internet dude, 2015
Old 05-24-2011, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostguy6 View Post
All I can say is I hope SRD has enough to lay charges. Too bad I cant post the unedited photos publically.
You did the right thing.

You took some pictures...got a licence number...recorded what you saw and past it on to F&W to follow up on. You did not get into an altercation which I am sure your family is also pleased about.

What you did was admirable and should be commended. I am concerned that some negative posters are blind to suspicious activity or would just refuse to get involved for whatever reason.

If he was a bucket vandal then there is proof tied to where he was at should perch show up. If he was not then we can all breath a sigh of relief. Our job as custodians of the resource is to monitor and help protect the fisheries. Odd or suspicious behavoir has to be reported.

It is definitely suspicious and anyone reading this thread should read one main point. People are watching and if you do this you will get caught.

Cheers

Sun
Old 05-24-2011, 11:06 PM

There are many more details that I am not willing to share publicly. The rules for chain of custody of evidence do appy even on the internet. I am not going to potentially blow the case by posting said information. It is possible that the person in the photo is a member here and does not need to know what is going on until law enforcment is knocking on their door. SRD has copies of all the photos and relivent information, it is now in their hands.

For those of you that had something positive to say, Thank you.
Now if youll excuse me I have a few more people to add to my blocked list.

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."

Last edited by ghostguy6; 05-24-2011 at 11:16 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:09 PM

Quote:
There are many more details that I am not willing to share publicly. The rules for chain of custody of evidence do appy even on the internet. I am not going to potentially blow the case by posting said information. It is possible that the person in the photo is a member here and I does not need to know what is going on until law enforcment is knocking on their door. SRD has copies of all the photos and relivent information, it is now in their hands.

I am glad you did the right thing by collecting the info and passing it along. One thing you have to understand is that the OP was a bit vague, but lets hope that whoever was transplanting fish get nailed for it!

Lefty
Old 05-24-2011, 11:19 PM

Good on yeah ghost world needs more people like you!!! People who care!!!
Old 05-24-2011, 11:31 PM

I'm sure doing the work he does knows what he had to do . Like Sundancefisher said something like that , that seems very suspicious is probably something to document and report .

Sure it could be a guy getting a bucket of water but it could be some brilliant guy who thinks they need some other fish in that lake .

Also I don't think a guy is gonna go out of his way to post something like this and not have any other proof behind it . Some of you clowns on this forum need to give your bloody heads a shake . Really an embarrassment to Legal sportsmen all around .
Old 05-24-2011, 11:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBADJOHN View Post
I'm sure doing the work he does knows what he had to do . Like Sundancefisher said something like that , that seems very suspicious is probably something to document and report .

Sure it could be a guy getting a bucket of water but it could be some brilliant guy who thinks they need some other fish in that lake .

Also I don't think a guy is gonna go out of his way to post something like this and not have any other proof behind it . Some of you clowns on this forum need to give your bloody heads a shake . Really an embarrassment to Legal sportsmen all around .
John you hurt my feelings I will have to leave the forum now.............
Old 05-25-2011, 02:19 PM

Good on ya Ghost. We need more sportman like you!
Legal and ethical sportmen (or sportpeople, if you're politically correct) have nothing to fear. Everybody else, watch out, we're watching you!
Old 05-25-2011, 03:05 PM

I wonder why people assume the OP has better pictures and more proof. Wouldn't it make sense to post a picture that actually shows some fish or real proof (if it exists)? All I see is a guy with a bucket... and he's wading... what kind of fool would roll up all his clothes, then carefully wade in to release illegal fish?

Anyhow, I have to agree with some of the earlier replies. In a situation like this, you need to say something and get involved immediately. Even if you don't get physically involved, you can make him aware that you're taking pictures and recording what's happening. That should be enough to stop him. And if you can't get involved, take better pictures up close and personal.
Old 05-25-2011, 05:59 PM

Quote:
There are many more details that I am not willing to share publicly. The rules for chain of custody of evidence do appy even on the internet. I am not going to potentially blow the case by posting said information. It is possible that the person in the photo is a member here and does not need to know what is going on until law enforcment is knocking on their door. SRD has copies of all the photos and relivent information, it is now in their hands.

I'm sure he'd recognize his own clothes, car and actions from those pictures... You've already told this person (if he's on this forum) that you're onto him. How could it hurt to show us the pictures that prove his wrong-doing?

I'm also curious... Did he make multiple trips or just the one bucket?
Old 05-25-2011, 06:44 PM

this guy could be a biologist doing some research with permission.

but anyways, if he is breaking the law is good you catch him.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:06 PM

A picture tells a thousand words.... in this case, several thousand

Good on ya Ghost!

If budsy there IS doing what we hope he is not, I hope they throw the book at him...and I'm sure they will. As they should!

Can't wait to hear the outcome of this one

Cheers n GL.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:47 PM
Banned

If the guy was dumping fish and you reported him then good on you Ghost

The only problem I have is we deal a lot with court in fact was there today.
the problem I have is any time we have had picture evidence from our surveillance cameras where the crown was going to prosecute and we were just giving evidence we had to hand over all pictures or video you cannot keep a copy for yourself. You do not get it back until after the court is done and some time not then. So i find it hard to believe they aloud you to keep copies and post them.