Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-23-2010, 03:14 PM

Default Ignorance and my little rant

This might get a little long, so I apologize in advance.
I mentioned earlier that while out on this trip, I had vehicles drive up within inches of me to ask me questions. This irks me to no end, but I was civil with as many as I could be, and never once was ignorant to any that 'stopped by'.
I even went so far as to offer help to a few that were not having much luck at all, and offered to let them share some of my holes to fish in.
I received a message on my home addy a few minutes ago telling my I was a know it all, and that help was not needed, and that I should keep my mouth shut about the 'rule breaking' I saw and mentioned, or I might find myself hurt.
I do not scare easily, so, if you are reading this, do what you may. I caught you netting illegally, so deal with it. Your friends and relatives can do as they wish.
Being born and raised in the North, I have no malice towards any race or creed, but any and almost all the problems I have encountered the last while, seem to come from the older fishermen from the Ukraine, or close regions (The ex has always translated for me).
This will get me in a bunch of doo doo, and if so..so be it.. The people that drove up to my hole, the netters, and those that gave me static about taking 'their fish'... deal with it, and your own lives...
I am sure I will pay for this post, but I don't have long to live anyway, so do your best...
Old 02-23-2010, 03:24 PM

They sent you a P.M threw this forum, or did they get your personal e-mail? Either way that's B.S
Old 02-23-2010, 03:32 PM

Threats of bodily harm or malice through any means of transmission are illegal and can and will be enforced by the RCMP if forwarded to them.

Do not take any threats lightly, call the local detachment, forward them the information, they will contact the board adminiistrator to get the ISP information and decide wether or not if charges are viable.

Of course you immediately reported this to the F&W as you noticed it, with descriptions and license plates, right?

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 02-23-2010, 03:54 PM

That's absolute b*****it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We ran into a group this year at Buck Lake and same thing. Oh well. Take it with a grain of salt.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Threats of bodily harm or malice through any means of transmission are illegal and can and will be enforced by the RCMP if forwarded to them.

Do not take any threats lightly, call the local detachment, forward them the information, they will contact the board adminiistrator to get the ISP information and decide wether or not if charges are viable.

Of course you immediately reported this to the F&W as you noticed it, with descriptions and license plates, right?
And Ken's point is very valid as well eventhough I'm contradicting myself.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:14 PM

Sounds like you should invite a few of us to the local fishing hole to help you catch a few fish, and maybe we can be lucky enough to slay a few poachers at the same time.
Dont keep your mouth shut, nothing ever gets resolved that way.
Good for you for standing tall.
tall is seen, loud is heard. next time you see them be sure to be tall and loud. We got your back.

I still lose bait that way.

UPS will fondle your animals!!
Old 02-24-2010, 08:18 AM

Thanks all, but the emails were not through the site here. Made the mistake of giving out one of my home ones. I have contacted the authorities, but as of yet, there is not much they can or will do. I think a lot of it is just 'hot air', but will keep my eyes open for a while..haha
Thanks for all the PMs I got from a lot of you, I appreciate it.
Doug
Old 02-24-2010, 08:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie55 View Post
This might get a little long, so I apologize in advance.
I mentioned earlier that while out on this trip, I had vehicles drive up within inches of me to ask me questions. This irks me to no end, but I was civil with as many as I could be, and never once was ignorant to any that 'stopped by'.
I even went so far as to offer help to a few that were not having much luck at all, and offered to let them share some of my holes to fish in.
I received a message on my home addy a few minutes ago telling my I was a know it all, and that help was not needed, and that I should keep my mouth shut about the 'rule breaking' I saw and mentioned, or I might find myself hurt.
I do not scare easily, so, if you are reading this, do what you may. I caught you netting illegally, so deal with it. Your friends and relatives can do as they wish.
Being born and raised in the North, I have no malice towards any race or creed, but any and almost all the problems I have encountered the last while, seem to come from the older fishermen from the Ukraine, or close regions (The ex has always translated for me).
This will get me in a bunch of doo doo, and if so..so be it.. The people that drove up to my hole, the netters, and those that gave me static about taking 'their fish'... deal with it, and your own lives...
I am sure I will pay for this post, but I don't have long to live anyway, so do your best...
wait...so who were these people that mailed you? were they people that you helped? and how did they get your address...confused
Old 02-24-2010, 10:39 PM

Dougie55, you said, "......I received a message on my home addy a few minutes ago telling my I was a know it all, and that help was not needed, and that I should keep my mouth shut about the 'rule breaking' I saw and mentioned, or I might find myself hurt. ...."

This needs to be turned over to the RCMP. Uttering a threat is a crimminal offence. These people or person need to be brought to justice, even if it only amounts to a peace bond. Do it Dude, you will be doing everyone a favour.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie55 View Post
Thanks all, but the emails were not through the site here. Made the mistake of giving out one of my home ones. I have contacted the authorities, but as of yet, there is not much they can or will do. I think a lot of it is just 'hot air', but will keep my eyes open for a while..haha
Thanks for all the PMs I got from a lot of you, I appreciate it.
Doug
Id forward anypictures you have of these guys and Any information that you can remember about them Includeing the Emails and Print them off or Get a FIsh And WIldlife officers contact information and get ahold of them . I hope these guys get caught . No excuses for Illegal netting .

Funny thing is there probably Netting to sell , And will eventually get caught , Look at that huge group from Swanhills area a few years ago .