Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-23-2010, 09:50 PM

Default Lac Bellevue near St. Paul

Does anyone know if you can drive on Lac Bellevue? Heard a rumor the road is closed
Old 02-24-2010, 04:54 AM

There should be access to the lake,BUT I would not drive on that lake with a truck. I have before and it has a lot of underground streams that feed it and ice freezes funny sometimes. In my experiance in the beginning of a FEB with a very cold Jan, drilled a hole good ice for 8" 6" air pocket and then a nother 8" ice, When I went to leave one tire went thru the first layer of ice and we jumped out of the truck. Was lucky and backed the truck up and went str8 to nearest shore and thru the bush. They stocked that lake about 15 years ago with eyes and have heard from locals that 8lb eyes are common but it is c & r for eyes. My father used to live close to there and I used to go there camping. Is a very nice lake. I Don't recomend driving on it unless there is a road on it all ready from locals and would stay on those roads don't explore in undriven places.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:58 AM

There are two roads in one on the north west side of the lake that may be closed as it only goes to camp ground and one on the south east side that should be open as it goes to cabins, houses and the legion.

Last edited by Kim473; 02-24-2010 at 05:05 AM.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:44 PM

has anyone been out there this season? i'm not looking to keep anything just looking for a good day of fishing. there's plenty of lakes around that area to keep fish.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:51 PM

yah my uncle fishes it alot because he lives right there.... he's always had good luck ... minnows i believe he uses .... not sure what part tho ive never been there...