Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-22-2010, 06:52 AM

Default Many SAILS,DORADO,MARLIN But this cuts it!

The day started at 5am with a phone call from the MAN! Cmon buddy its time to get you your fish! (ROOSTER!) Off to cafecito we go and get some coffee and a sandwhich and liquids because its gonna be a long day out there! We are in the boat and were going to try for SAILFISH! So on go the lures and we start trolling and trolling and trolling I think we saw 3 birds up untill 10:30am! ( birds are good!) so we have dragged and rototilled enough water by now to give us the indication that perhaps although yesterday was an awesome day for sails ( 4 caught!) That this plan needed to cease! we Keeep trolling into shore about 15-18 miles from puerto! and we catch a needle fish! ok a little excitement we troll on! another needle fish and another then a baby Jack Crevalle and about the 4th Jack Jrevalle and trying not to get killed being in the big surf with the boat, My rod begins to SCREAM! and I mean that Penn 6000 was gettin hot! The fight begins and pull after pull and long run after long run after about 30 mins we finally see its...........THE ROOSTERFISH!!!! OMG!!! I cant believe it My dream has finally come true after chasing and hunting this fish down the pacific, He was 20 yrds away!!! I could see he clearly had my Rapala half in his mouth so I just took my time and Omar says " what do you want to do with him?" Can we just get some pictures and release this awesome spectacle of a fish go and live another day! He smiled as he and I both were thinking the same thing! Well Flipper grabs the leader then the tail and gently lifts the beast into the boat (approx 30lbs?) he was very heavy! we quickly snapped some pictures and as you can see by the final pic My Rooster went to live another day! WHEW!

After trudging throught the jungle up early everyday for a week and a half many kilometers,bug bites, twisted ankles,lost lures i can truly say I lived the hunt of this true beauty the ROOSTER FISH!

The fishing down here in Puerto Escondido,MEX has and is barnone unbelievable guys! I come every year for a reason,gotta go! headin out fishin!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMGP1877.JPG (65.9 KB, 401 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP1880.JPG (70.6 KB, 366 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP1883.JPG (68.5 KB, 342 views)
Old 02-22-2010, 07:46 AM

Wow gorgeous fish it is always nice to take a must catch off the list..
Old 02-22-2010, 08:54 AM

Default Mexican Fishing

Just returned from Mexico, Great fishing also I caught a 40# Toro toro, long 35-40 min fight and my daughters first fish was a 38" Mahi mahi. I'd return in an instant. Deep
Old 02-22-2010, 11:35 AM

Default Mexico

Nice pics buddy! Now if you could only play poker as good as you fish!
Old 02-22-2010, 01:40 PM

That is an amazing looking fish. I can see why you are so excited

I still lose bait that way.

UPS will fondle your animals!!
Old 02-22-2010, 05:18 PM

Nice fish , sure wish we were invited , HAHA
Old 02-22-2010, 06:27 PM

right on wicked fish trev
Old 02-23-2010, 10:10 AM

Default Thanks alot guys!

Thanks guys I was so excited when I saw that giant dorsal fin come up to chase my lure! Rapala cd-14 deadhead is a must have for offshore! We just got back in from the morning fish here and we got 3 more! Not as big but unfrickenbelievable fight! if anyone wants any info on how to do this trip (it is so cheap!!!) Its not a a 5 star mushy lovey place, Its REAL MEXICO in a small fishing village where everyone smiles and if you drop your sandals or something needs doin they jump right in and help! They took me into the jungle the other day to fish a sacred rock out at the end of this trail and we caught Snapper, Snook, Wahoo, Jack Crevalle,and Bonito I mean unreal and The 2 kids barely acccepted payment? I mean cmon is this unreal or what! downtown I got loaded I mean loaded TACOS(chicken,beef,pork) 50 cents! stuff like that, So if your interested in taggin along next year or goin on this trip you know where I am! I have tons of pics to show you how to do it very cheap! Ive been here for 2 weeks Im just under $1400 with return flight! and have fished every every day! Oh and Played a bit of poker with the americans! lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 015.JPG (70.8 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg 005.JPG (57.1 KB, 97 views)
File Type: jpg 020.JPG (56.6 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg 032.JPG (53.6 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg 022.JPG (71.3 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg 031.JPG (62.6 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg P1020363.JPG (40.2 KB, 100 views)

Last edited by walleyeca; 02-23-2010 at 10:14 AM. Reason: spelling,annunciation!
Old 02-23-2010, 10:23 AM

What is the fish #31 pic? I saw a bunch of those snorkeling once and they were very scarey...they would open their mouths and swim towards you....i quickly GTO...

Last edited by lilsundance; 02-23-2010 at 10:06 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:44 PM

Default The Fish is called...

Its called a awahoo! and its a heehaw to catch one! My friend was with me yesterday and he caught one and his exact expression and wordism was " What the ? is that! LOL it was funny cause hes french!

Last edited by lilsundance; 02-23-2010 at 10:07 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:16 PM

Fish pic #31 is actually a garfish . We used to catch them on fly back in south africa . Normally on the surface , good fun as you normally sight fish for them .
Nice pics !
Old 02-23-2010, 09:55 PM

Awesome trip!!!
I love the colors of that Rooster fish.
Congrats and thanks for sharing your pics with us.

www.dmoa.ca

Pro Staff member for:
Benelli, Sako, Beretta, Tikka, Franchi, Burris, & Steiner
Old 02-25-2010, 07:31 AM

Default Mexico Fishin'

Hey Walleye, Was the charter "La Orcha"- Guide looks familiar, if so he was great and excellent guide.