Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-23-2010, 10:35 PM

Default Lake X Burbs Today..

So me and Steveo955 ... went out south ...ish of edmonton to a lake we shal call Lake X ...And slottered .... i mean SLOTTERED the burbs all day... every 10 minutes we had one on the camera and usually one in the hole or on the line... lost quite a few tho. and had a few HOGS on ... great day didnt have any luck with the whites tho. had two come to the holes 2 minutes after we set up the very first time but nothing after that ... only seen about a dozen more on camera .... it was really strange because the burb were going CRAZY ... i havent had action like this for burbs in years ... i mean years... it almost got anoying ... had a few nice pike come in and had a really big one snap my line ... and had a suger ... we think come in and tease us for awhile... great day over all ... lost count on how many fish we seen...

And ok i'll get this embarasing moment out now... I got out fished hard ... like i mean harrd core outfished ... i didnt even get one on the line until like 10 ish.. then i changed the color of jigg head and it worked great... the color of the day was Green ....
Old 02-23-2010, 10:38 PM

Bright green or darker green?
Old 02-24-2010, 02:39 AM

Default pics

do you have any pics of the burbs?
Old 02-24-2010, 08:44 AM

lighter green hook worked well...
Old 02-24-2010, 09:56 AM

no pics, too busy taking burbs off the hook! lol! actually no cam with me. cleaning them up was way easier than i thought. hope they taste as good as everyone says. great day
Old 02-24-2010, 10:29 AM

I think all threads should be run this way.

"I was driving a B truck down M highway, after leaving U town shopping for my I partner's (super secret letter configuration here) 's at O store, where I dont want to say anything cause you will find my stash of candy, then went to the Q gas station where gas was cheaper than anywhere else..."

Get a grip.

What is with you guys and all the secrecy? Do you honestly think that YOU are the only one that knows of a fishing hole?

Why even post at all?

slottered? wow.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 02-24-2010, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
I think all threads should be run this way.

"I was driving a B truck down M highway, after leaving U town shopping for my I partner's (super secret letter configuration here) 's at O store, where I dont want to say anything cause you will find my stash of candy, then went to the Q gas station where gas was cheaper than anywhere else..."

Get a grip.

What is with you guys and all the secrecy? Do you honestly think that YOU are the only one that knows of a fishing hole?

Why even post at all?

slottered? wow.
haha X2 but you forgot that all this happened in province T of the country Z and that its so top secret that i cant even post a picture of the fish because the position of the sun would give away my location.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:40 AM

Smile gr8

sounds like you guys had a ball....I give you permission to pm me the exact location of the "x" spot .......

well I thought I would try .. lol
ata go guys
RonxxxMar
Old 02-24-2010, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFisher View Post
lighter green hook worked well...
Any other advice? What depth were you at. Did you leave the bait on the bottom or just jig. What type of bait. Any advice would be appreciated. I am hoping to get out this weekend and have my sons get their first burb as well as my first burb.

And you have the right to keep your location to yourself, so ignore the critics, its Kens time of month.....just kidding
Old 02-24-2010, 11:35 AM

I went out to lake X today. Its about Y km west of Edmonton. I was fishing in the open water Z feet from shore by one of the Q power plants on the lake. I caught a P lbs fish (lets call it species K). I couldn't keep the fish because there was an oil spill a couple years back from an railway company (NC). Sorry I can't tell you where because I don't want too many people knowing about it... but I did catch a fish - seriously, I swear I did. w00t w00t SECRET HOLE!!

LOL
Sorry, I couldn't help myself. I agree that people have a right to keep spots secret but I don't see the point in posting other than making yourself feel good by bragging. I guess thats the intent.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:07 PM

I find the post rather helpful actually regardless of lake, it was mentioned that the burbot were going good this signals the burbot spawn starting and good whitefish fishing around the corner. Pictures would be nice of some of the hogs though!!!

Thanks for the post
Old 02-24-2010, 12:12 PM

i think its funny that guys get so bent out of shape over this. i have no issue giving people my spots. i wish them luck! well, the guys that i have had good dealings with anyways. there are people on here that have been very helpfull to me, given the opportunity i would do the same for them. there are also LOTS of people on here that are not. i have no interest in giving the "unhelpful" people any info. i cant speak for redfishers intent with the lake x comment, but i know i personally wouldnt have posted the lake. if members had pm'd me i would probably give out the info. the fact is, another member gave me exact directions to this spot, through a pm!
Old 02-24-2010, 02:43 PM

Ok now im getting ****ing ****ed off...and sorry moderators for my language.... ok really its my decision to share a lake hot spot or not to share.... The reason i posted was to share that the burb are hitting hard south of edmonton... that leaves people with options to go find there own hot spots .... And to clear this all up and share LAKE X with everyone and stop all the PM"S ... the lake was SYLVAN Lake .... The hooks were on the bottom wich was sandy with the odd patch of weeds ... the bait was small minnows and smelts ....the tecknique was jigg a bit until they came in then tease then with a few small jiggs then let it sit on the bottom so the could take the hook .... then what what do is set the hook by pulling up on the rod wich is in your hand then with your other hand reel them up into your hole then on the ice..... hmmm next step take your hook out for those who dont know how to use plyer's go **** yourself .... twist your hook and pop it out of its mouth ... next step figure out how stupid you are for trying to screw with another member because he doesnt want to share an exact location... THE RESASON I DIDNT SHARE THE LAKE AT FIRST WAS BECAUSE I WAS TOLD THE SPOT BY ANOTHER MEMBER IN SECRET .... AND IF HE WANTS TO SHARE THE SPOT HE CAN BUT I PERSONALLY WONT POST EXACTUALLY WHERE WE WERE....
Old 02-24-2010, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFisher View Post
Ok now im getting ****ing ****ed off...and sorry moderators for my language.... ok really its my decision to share a lake hot spot or not to share.... The reason i posted was to share that the burb are hitting hard south of edmonton... that leaves people with options to go find there own hot spots .... And to clear this all up and share LAKE X with everyone and stop all the PM"S ... the lake was SYLVAN Lake .... The hooks were on the bottom wich was sandy with the odd patch of weeds ... the bait was small minnows and smelts ....the tecknique was jigg a bit until they came in then tease then with a few small jiggs then let it sit on the bottom so the could take the hook .... then what what do is set the hook by pulling up on the rod wich is in your hand then with your other hand reel them up into your hole then on the ice..... hmmm next step take your hook out for those who dont know how to use plyer's go **** yourself .... twist your hook and pop it out of its mouth ... next step figure out how stupid you are for trying to screw with another member because he doesnt want to share an exact location... THE RESASON I DIDNT SHARE THE LAKE AT FIRST WAS BECAUSE I WAS TOLD THE SPOT BY ANOTHER MEMBER IN SECRET .... AND IF HE WANTS TO SHARE THE SPOT HE CAN BUT I PERSONALLY WONT POST EXACTUALLY WHERE WE WERE....
lol , that's funny
what do you do with them after you got them on the ice and pull the hook out ? just wondering what the next step would be ,
jk partner, man no need to get so p|ssy, you don't wanna share your honey hole well be it, I never do myself either, but there is NO NEED TO SCREAM WITH THOSE CAPS !!!!!!!!!!!

it would be a lot better if you posted some pictures of the Burb Slaughter instead of all this screaming...
and yeah the perch have been biting for the past 6 weeks as hell,
at Hasse lake

Cheers !
Old 02-24-2010, 03:34 PM

****** ******* *** ****ing**** **** *****

oh forgot caps

lol

like everyone else says, relax, take a pill, chill out, we are kidding, and as long as you post a smiley, it is all in good fun.

And no one even mentioned the monster fridge!

I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 02-24-2010, 04:16 PM

Default Hmmmmmm

I hope that lake south of Edm was not pigeon as it has a 0 burbot limit from Feb01-Mar.31!!

Pigeon Lake & tributaries (excluding Tide Creek) & outlet – Walleye limit 0 – except that the holder of a Special Fish Harvest Licence and tags for this lake may retain during the dates specified, the number and size of walleye specified on the tag; Pike limit 1 over 63 cm; Perch limit 5 over 25 cm; Lake Whitefish limit 10; Burbot limit 3 (Burbot limit 0 Feb. 1 to Mar. 31).
Old 02-24-2010, 04:34 PM

oh crap! we should have read the regs!
Old 02-24-2010, 08:06 PM

I'm finishing the bar in our basement. Man I'd pay top-dollar for one of those monster fridges. ANyone have a line on one?
Old 02-24-2010, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
I'm finishing the bar in our basement. Man I'd pay top-dollar for one of those monster fridges. ANyone have a line on one?
Poor Ken!

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 02-24-2010, 08:15 PM

I believe there is one in Houston. Start walking junior.

Old 02-24-2010, 08:17 PM

So are you gonna tell us the lake or keep *****footing around
Old 02-24-2010, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
So are you gonna tell us the lake or keep *****footing around
Well if you would have read it all ...

SYLVAN LAKE
Old 02-24-2010, 08:30 PM
Banned

Like I told your buddy in response to the P.M. he sent me..

Are really going to eat those bottom feeder's out of that sewage hole ?? Yuck !!!! Don't be surprised if your sh!t is extra slippery for the next couple days..

Sylvan Lake,, lake X,,