Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 12-10-2018, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
Sure sounds like you are defending him. And yes it is corruption, can you imagine the uproar on this board if a Liberal with a past like his was elevated to a prominent position. Interesting that it is outfitters defending him.
I think you should read my original comment again. I don’t know why he was elected to the board this time, but without actually doing anything yet how on earth can you claim corruption?
I think it was a stupid move myself, and yes he’s broke the law in the past, but you can’t convict him for something he hasn’t done yet.

If I had anything to do with APOS anymore I personally wouldn’t want him there myself, I truly think the organization is broken and needs to be revamped. But a lot of people did stupid **** 35 years ago, not sure if that should be a life sentence or not ?
Old 12-10-2018, 10:08 PM

I would start with very well written letters to Cabelas, Camper's Village, and Sitka Gear. Let them know that the APOS, an organization they sponsors and are affiliated to on the APOS website, has just elected a convicted Poacher to their board of directors. Include that the letter has been forwarded to the local media, big companies love that kind of attention.
Old 12-10-2018, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Questionable? If he had one or two minor violations, that would be one thing, but he was found guilty of many Wildlife Act violations , as well as international violations , as well as criminal acts. He is probably the the most convicted poacher in Alberta, and given the seriousness of his convictions, what reason do we have to believe that he could possibly have changed his ways? Electing him to this position, would be like hiring a convicted pedophile to care for your children. It's possible that he might be reformed, but based on his past record, would you take that chance?
I was being sarcastic with my questionable comment, he’s a poacher and did some pretty stupid and crazy stuff from what I’ve heard.
Not sure if I’d compare somebody that broke a wildlife act law to a pedophile but I see what you’re getting at.

APOS needs a big restructuring, there’s no doubt there. This latest fiasco isn’t going to help their image at all I’m sure
Old 12-11-2018, 03:36 AM

Can't say I know much about APOS and don't know any outfitters personally. What has been said about both on this forum (or elsewhere) I take with a grain of salt as well, unless the statements are supported by links to articles, etc; and there are quite a few that are, lol, so the grain of salt part is harder to come by nowadays.

Having said that, the 20,000-dollar B&C antlers story is the most ridiculous thing I have read in a long time. I mean really, I am not exaggerating. I am surprised there isn't a movie made about it yet. Something along the lines of the Dumb and Dumber. Maybe a prequel or something. Wasn't there a guy named Lloyd in that one too?

And then the deer shooting from an airplane story, is there a link for that one? I would love to give that a read as well.

Like Torkdiesel said, people did dumb **** 35 years ago. However, people did dumb **** before that and are doing dumb **** today as well. Hard to beat (is it at all possible?) the story with the 20,000-dollar rack though

A quick Google search for Lloyd McMahon provided previous charges for baiting, multiple counts of hunting wildlife without a license, illegal possession of wildlife, multiple fraud convictions, etc. And that was just a quick overview and I didn't even google Great White Holdings Ltd., just Lloyd. None of those convictions were 35 years old either.

Someone above said a lot of misinformation around here. Well... Not really. Aside from the deer-from-the-plane-shooting story, everything else appears to be true. Hard to believe people would vote for someone like this for any organization, professional or not. To have this guy representing an organization that has anything to do with hunting is beyond my understanding.
Old 12-11-2018, 06:05 AM

So how many years ago did all this stuff happen?
Old 12-11-2018, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bub View Post
And then the deer shooting from an airplane story, is there a link for that one? I would love to give that a read as well.

Aside from the deer-from-the-plane-shooting story, everything else appears to be true.
The plane crash I refferred to earlier happened in the pasture between Neilberg Sask. and Unity. The pilot was killed, he was local to the Maidstone area. There was a man walking around the wreck. Rumor has it his name is Lloyd McMahon. He claimed to have been in the plane at the time of the crash but he was unmarked. I talked to some of the guys who helped clean up the wreck and carry it out and they said there was no way there was room for any one else in that plane.
Old 12-11-2018, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody j View Post
So how many years ago did all this stuff happen?
Google is your friend.
Old 12-11-2018, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bub View Post
Can't say I know much about APOS and don't know any outfitters personally. What has been said about both on this forum (or elsewhere) I take with a grain of salt as well, unless the statements are supported by links to articles, etc; and there are quite a few that are, lol, so the grain of salt part is harder to come by nowadays.

Having said that, the 20,000-dollar B&C antlers story is the most ridiculous thing I have read in a long time. I mean really, I am not exaggerating. I am surprised there isn't a movie made about it yet. Something along the lines of the Dumb and Dumber. Maybe a prequel or something. Wasn't there a guy named Lloyd in that one too?

Like Torkdiesel said, people did dumb **** 35 years ago. However, people did dumb **** before that and are doing dumb **** today as well. Hard to beat (is it at all possible?) the story with the 20,000-dollar rack though

A quick Google search for Lloyd McMahon provided previous charges for baiting, multiple counts of hunting wildlife without a license, illegal possession of wildlife, multiple fraud convictions, etc. And that was just a quick overview and I didn't even google Great White Holdings Ltd., just Lloyd. None of those convictions were 35 years old either.

Someone above said a lot of misinformation around here. Well... Not really. Aside from the deer-from-the-plane-shooting story, everything else appears to be true. Hard to believe people would vote for someone like this for any organization, professional or not. To have this guy representing an organization that has anything to do with hunting is beyond my understanding.

now that is funny
Old 12-11-2018, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody j View Post
so how many years ago did all this stuff happen?
Old 12-11-2018, 09:13 AM

Default No,

Where did u get 1983 from? Hes a habitual bad guy who has led a life of crime and taken from your kids and grand kids. Anyone supporting this scum bag for anything more than a bottle sorter at the depot must surely be unwell. Are the “pickins” that poor at APOS that This is the upper end of the organization?
Spit out the foul tasting koolaide APOS members.

Last edited by Full Curl Earl; 12-11-2018 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Spell
Old 12-11-2018, 09:20 AM

I think 1983 is when the anylrr theft took place FCE, but you can bet he was doing illegal and very nefarious stuff long before that !
Cat
Old 12-11-2018, 09:40 AM

And of course keep in mind...the stuff we know about is just what he got caught at. How much has not come to light?
Old 12-11-2018, 09:44 AM

1983 is the year the antlers were stolen in Edmonton and the year of the plane crash I mentioned.
Old 12-11-2018, 10:02 AM
Banned

Arguably, the most convicted poacher in the province. And there are people that are siding with him. UNBELIEVABLE!!!! Says a lot about those people also.
Old 12-11-2018, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Curl Earl View Post
Where did u get 1983 from? Hes a habitual bad guy who has led a life of crime and taken from your kids and grand kids. Anyone supporting this scum bag for anything more than a bottle sorter at the depot must surely be unwell. Are the “pickins” that poor at APOS that This is the upper end of the organization?
Spit out the foul tasting koolaide APOS members.
So he can miscount my bottles and short my deposit return. No thankyou
Old 12-11-2018, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boah View Post
Arguably, the most convicted poacher in the province. And there are people that are siding with him. UNBELIEVABLE!!!! Says a lot about those people also.
Who sided with him ?
Old 12-11-2018, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkdiesel View Post
Who sided with him ?
Guessing he’s talking about those who voted for him?
Old 12-11-2018, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkdiesel View Post
Who sided with him ?
You do like to be confrontational with anyone who doesn't believe(as you do) that outfitters walk on water, don't you?
Old 12-11-2018, 01:13 PM

I just sent a message to Cabelas with a link to this thread. I would say we are definitely their target cliental.
Old 12-11-2018, 01:20 PM

What’s cabelas have to with APOS?
Old 12-11-2018, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
I just sent a message to Cabelas with a link to this thread. I would say we are definitely their target cliental.
Bass pro shop maybe as well.

They advertise the organizations they support in their stores.
Old 12-11-2018, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Black View Post
You do like to be confrontational with anyone who doesn't believe(as you do) that outfitters walk on water, don't you?
I do not believe outfitters walk on water. I was a guide and outfitter for almost 20.
I think he regrets what he did in his younger days. Just like we all regret something we did in our past. Possibly, we all learned a lesson or two. Maybe you never did something in your younger days that you regret. Hell even Kadir probably feels stupid for what he did.

And please do not think I'm sticking up for him.
Old 12-11-2018, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronji View Post
I do not believe outfitters walk on water. I was a guide and outfitter for almost 20.
I think he regrets what he did in his younger days. Just like we all regret something we did in our past. Possibly, we all learned a lesson or two. Maybe you never did something in your younger days that you regret. Hell even Kadir probably feels stupid for what he did.

And please do not think I'm sticking up for him.
Regret means you stop after the first infraction, not have multiple infractions.

Thomas Sowell
Old 12-11-2018, 01:48 PM

Old 12-11-2018, 02:05 PM
Gone Hunting

Seems people are bored, misled, and desire fixing. Go repair the AFGA. Y'all actually spend your money there. If you want a say in something, thats step 1! Theres certainly no shortage of room for improvement there. Lets all be proactive in building a better tomorrow...

It's just Alberta boys... Take what you can while you can,, if ya cant beat em join em.

Keep a strain on er

Last edited by packhuntr; 12-11-2018 at 02:22 PM.
Old 12-11-2018, 02:06 PM

Younger years. He was 54 in 2005 when he was convicted of hunting over bait. Guess he was still not old enough to known better
Old 12-11-2018, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikeslayer22 View Post
What’s cabelas have to with APOS?
APOS list them as a sponsor. Also Cabelas has an Outfitter's discount program.

https://www.cabelas.ca/outfitter-program
Old 12-11-2018, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikeslayer22 View Post
Younger years. He was 54 in 2005 when he was convicted of hunting over bait. Guess he was still not old enough to known better
But was young enough to do it again, and again, and again, and again,,,,,,,
Old 12-11-2018, 02:41 PM

I did some guiding for his brother Pete years ago .The difference between the two was like night & day. Lloyd was notorious for his capers at that time. Habitual Game law breaker.
Old 12-11-2018, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
APOS list them as a sponsor. Also Cabelas has an Outfitter's discount program.

https://www.cabelas.ca/outfitter-program
Wow lol. You are going to waste someone in HRs 20 mins of time.