Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-16-2011, 09:57 AM

Default The Fishing center

Drove by it yesterday just wondering if anybody has shopped there, and what there prices and selection is like.

Thanks
Andy
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
Old 07-16-2011, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
Drove by it yesterday just wondering if anybody has shopped there, and what there prices and selection is like.

Thanks
Andy
I popped in there a few weeks ago. The Owner and his Son (I assume thats who they were) were very friendly and we had a good BS session....anyone who knows me knows I can BS . Prices seem reasonable and they have a lot of different stuff in there. From fishing gear to rifles.....worth checking out.

LC
Old 07-16-2011, 02:53 PM

i have stopped there a couple times...i find going there it feels like a small town shop,meaning that are willing to talk to you,not like the BIG shops....There prices are pretty decent from what i found as well,might be a bit higher but nothing crazy.Plus if u want something and your close to the place why not buy there,might cost a bit more but the time,gas money and frustration of driving to another place and back,is it really worth the extra money ($2-$20)...Well that's your call
Old 07-16-2011, 03:23 PM

go there all the time its in my neighborhood always friendly support the local guy
Old 07-16-2011, 04:33 PM

Where is this at?
Old 07-16-2011, 06:00 PM

Yah, where is it besides close to Edmonton?
Old 07-16-2011, 06:07 PM

it is on 82nd St just north of the yellowhead. In the same stripmall as Tim hortons. I have been there many times and really like the people that work there. Have lots of great jigs for perch and walleye. Bought some binos for the brother in law a few xmases ago. I usually go there first, and if they dont have what I want then I head to the fishing hole on 97st. (just straight west).
Old 07-16-2011, 10:02 PM

Default Good Place

Hi: I have known the owner for nearly 30 years. Lorne Z is a great guy. I really like the shop as it is close to home, they have good advice/gear, and they are a local small guy that I support whenever I can.

Hoopi