Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-08-2017, 07:49 PM

Default Black bear question - weather

I have Weds off to hunt black bear in a mountain WMU where I've seen plenty of bears in the past. But the weather looks like snow and close to freezing- just wondering if anyone can offer tips on how the bears are likely to respond to those conditions.

Thoughts?

I've watched them many times over the years but only recently felt motivated to go after them - and I'd really like to punch my tag on a bruin this year.
Old 10-09-2017, 07:21 AM

Well I've never shot a bear sitting on the couch so you need to get out there and give it a try to get one. That being said I can probably count on one hand the number of bears I have seen in cold rain condidtins, or on snowy windy days. They just don't like it and seem to prefer to hole up. However the past week or two the bears have been moving quite a bit just before or just after bad weather trying to eat as much as possible. The drive to eat is pretty strong this time of year so you never know when or where you will see one.
Old 10-13-2017, 04:10 PM

Default got my first bear last year in bc. really wanna get another this ear

curious if you know any wmu areas close iso to calgary where you can find them? don't mind going a little north either. just love that bear bacon and sausage i made last year.