Thanks in Advance
Old 04-18-2019, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.K View Post
Hello
Has anybody done any Deep Sea Fishing recently out of Ochio
If so who did you charter with
Thanks in Advance
I fished there in 2017. Was staying at beaches and we booked a charter with their sister resort sandals... never had a bite all day but the swells were like 6'-8', Im not sure but I would think these conditions would be bad for dragging topwater baits. If I did it again I would try and book with a dedicated fisherman not a resort.
Old 04-19-2019, 11:01 AM

Thumbs up Z7 Extreme

Thanks for the Input
Old 04-19-2019, 11:46 AM

I stayed a the Plantation a few times. Z7, I took the resort launch out and had very little success other than getting drunk. The boat was huge and it was just me. Not one bite.

The next year I chatted with one of the workers at the resort. He hooked me up with some locals. They picked me up in essentially a very big canoe with a 40 hp outboard, downriggers made from tree branches and a bit of tackle. We went about 8 miles offshore and I started thinking to myself that I would be a story in the newspaper back home where people would say “what the hell was he thinking?”. We were out for 6 hours and didn’t catch a thing. The 2 guides were absolutely befuddled. So they offered to take me out for free the next day. That day was awesome. Caught a few bonitos with one being cut in half by small shark right by the boat. Then caught a good sized yellow fin. Took it back to the resort and the chef cooked it right there on the beach.

The only thing I would suggest is asking at the resort. Not the front desk or the booking concierge. But the staff. I learned a lot about fishing, diving, where to eat in town, where to shop,etc. by asking the staff. One even took me to their house for dinner.

Good luck!