Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 05-11-2016, 10:31 AM

Default Black bear

Hey all, I am going onto my third year hunting but have never ventured into hunting bear. I would love to learn. If anyone is headed out that wouldnt mind the company and showing me a thing or two let me know! Looking to learn this year NOT shoot. I have my own gear, guns and lisences etc. Live in Edmonton.
Old 05-13-2016, 12:51 AM

Default Newbies looking for experience

Hey all, myself and a friend of mine have been really interested in hunting of all sorts. We have no family or close friends who are hunters and don't know where to get a foot in the door. We're 25 and 27 with nothing but a bunch of tent camping experience. My names Matt.

We just did our non-restriced PAL courses and are doing the conservation courses soon.

We're looking for some one to bounce questions off of, let us know what we will need and go out into the bush with.

If you're the mentoring type please send me a message on the forum. I've been doing lots of reading here and a couple guys I know at work are good for knowledge but don't hunt anymore.
Old 05-13-2016, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyak View Post
I'm a young guy (20) who is a newbie. Spectated on a few hunts when I was a little guy but don't know anyone who hunts since my grandpa passed. Figured I would take a stab at a whitetail this year as I just did my hunter ed this spring. Will travel anywhere 4 hours or so from Calgary. Looking to hunt forestry as I don't have any landowner contacts. Have my own rifles. If anyone wants some company and to show me some stuff drop me a PM.
Good morning , if you wish to know a few areas just email me and we will talk
kenkpik@yahoo.CA
Ken

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Old 05-15-2016, 05:56 PM

Hi all. Looking for a buddy to do some fishing and hunting with. Originally from Nova Scotia but have been living in Fort Saskatchewan for the last 4 years. I am an avid fly fishermen however enjoy every type. I've been recently fishing the NSR with minimal luck however know areas in Bonneville, St Paul, LA Corey, and Red Deer where I have had some good success. I'm used to having a good friend or 2 able to go out with me to chat with however I go any time I can! I'd like to find some friends in my area who have similar interests and would like to hang out, fish hunt, archery range,gun range, camp,etc. I should clarify when I camp I at the most bring a tent and most of the time it's just a tarp and beer and go out and enjoy low traffic areas. I'm into all hunting but mainly deer and bird.

I have all of my own equipment and from rods and reels to rifles and bows. I have all nescessary licences. Just want to meet some guys and share tips. My only lacking area, and I'm not looking for handouts is that I really have not figured out a place to deer and/or Moose hunt. I did the Redwater area last year but no success and even If I had a shot I wouldn't have taken it due to all the four wheelers around.

I work up north on a 2 and 2 rotation and will be driving my truck back from nova Scotia on my next days off but would really appreciate meeting some people after that.

I look forward to making some buddy's!

Take care.
Old 05-15-2016, 08:29 PM

Default hunting partners

hello
I am new to Canada, and finished my hunting safety course bought a shotgun. but looking for a partner coz I am new to Canada, and don't know where to go. live in Calgary, and have a very good hunting experience from back home please let me know that any buddy going for geese hunting I can go with .
Old 05-23-2016, 09:08 PM

Default Need a new hunting partner

I'm looking for a new partner to go big game hunting with. My current partner is dealing with a injury he don't think he will be ready this year. I have hunted for 15-20 yrs. I like to go to the 300-400 areas. Will try new wmus. I would like to meet and go for beers and talk hunting before time or even take the bows to a indoor range. I Live in Calgary and am 37 yrs old with a family. I have all my own hunting equipment and vehicle.
Old 06-04-2016, 09:58 PM

Default Looking to meet new hunting partners.

Hey guys im a 30 year old family man that has recently moved to Edmonton and am looking for a hunting partner this comming season. I enjoy all types of hunting have done lots of waterfowl hunting but am looking at doing more big game hunting this year. I also enjoy archery. If anyone wants to meet up chat or even go shooting sometimes send me a pm.
Old 06-05-2016, 09:40 PM

Default Sheep Hunting

Looking to partner up with another sheep hunter in CNP. I'm local to the area and believing that sheep hunting by oneself is a risk I want to put behind me. Send me a pm if you are like minded and looking for a partner.
Old 06-07-2016, 06:10 PM

I am new to Alberta (Calgary) and have taken up bow hunting or trying to would like to find hunting partner that wouldn't mind showing the ropes for mulie , elk ,or whites have most of my own gear already
Old 06-07-2016, 07:29 PM

Default Experienced big game hunter looking for same.Calgary area.

Hi guys,

My hunting partners of 20 years are gone, one passed away and one left town and moved to BC

I am looking for a reliable, safe, ethical person to team up with.I have a 4x4,quad,wall tent etc.

I hunt mostly west of Rocky and some grazing lease land Southwest of town.

PM me if interested in meeting up.
Old 06-09-2016, 05:16 PM
Banned

Default Edmonton and area

Never hunted with a rifle before, just small things and targets with a .22 pellet gun. Now bought my first gun and looking to possibly hunt with someone that can show me the ropes. Looking to hunt waterfowl in the fall and big game such as deer and elk/ moose. I am also Polish so any Polish hunters or any hunters in general, send me a message
Old 06-12-2016, 10:11 AM

I am a newbie on hunting. I will attention about this. Thanks
Old 06-12-2016, 12:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon M. Simmons View Post
I am a newbie on hunting. I will attention about this. Thanks
Welcome. Are you actually from Dallas?
Old 06-14-2016, 02:34 PM

Default New Generation looking for guidance and patience

My 17 year old son, an avid fisherman, is looking to get into deer / elk hunting. We've recently moved back to Alberta and I find that most of my friends that used to hunt have 'retired' from hunting, or moved away. While I have walked along on several hunts, I'm not comfortable taking him out by myself. We are looking for someone willing to share with their knowledge with the younger generation. We are located in South Calgary - Look forward to hearing from you.
Old 06-15-2016, 02:45 PM

Default Calgary

Hey everyone,

My name is Mark, 25, currently working in Calgary as an engineer. This will be my first season attempting to hunt and getting quite excited. I have been doing a ton of research and reading but it's all quite overwhelming. I am prepared to go out solo but would prefer to have a somewhat experienced partner to go with for company and safety! Looking to fill a couple general deer tags likely just on public land. Planning to get out and scout some locations over the coming summer months. Also open to just tagging along on someone else hunt and helping with glassing, packing out, etc.. I have most equipment and am quite fit, so up for anything, just looking to gain some field knowledge! So if you are a new hunter who wants to try and learn together or someone experienced looking for a new partner, give me a shout. We can meet up before the season for a range session and beer to get acquainted!

Cheers, Mark!
Old 06-15-2016, 07:02 PM

Default Calgary area

Name's Jordan (25years old). My girlfriend and I will be moving from BC to Calgary at the end of summer. Looking for a hunting partner who may want to get out for some deer this upcoming season. Someone close to Calgary would be nice, but I don't mind driving a few hours if it means I get to hunt! I am fairly new to hunting, but have all my own gear and some field experience. This past spring season I took down a nice black bear on Vancouver Island with my 7mm rem mag. PM me if you want to get out! We can grab a beer once I move out there and plan something.

thanks
Old 06-20-2016, 12:59 AM

Default Falconry

Hi my names Rachel and I'm in the Edmonton Area and hope to be put in contact with someone that would be willing to take me on to be my mentor. I want to start up falconry , but haven't made the right connections here. Worked for a falconer in England for a bit, but its a lot easier to get started there then here.
Old 06-23-2016, 10:13 AM

Default upland bird hunting

Retired and have time on my hands for bird hunting. Looking for responsible partner for some upland bird hunting this fall (no pheasant festival stuff) Southern AB. Big walks a few birds have dogs (some good some not so). Counting dead birds is not the point.......PM...me
Old 06-25-2016, 10:00 AM

Default Hunting partners

Hi, I am 32, just move to Calgary. I am excited to hunt this fall. I am down for upland hunting as well as big game. If anyone interested please PM me.
Old 07-01-2016, 09:30 PM

Mistake I posted when I meant to send a pm.
Old 07-02-2016, 04:41 PM

Hi All, I'm hoping to visit Alberta to hunt in the next few years. I would like to try for bear but may be other species if I can get a tag. If anyone would be keen on a hunt swap please get in touch. I do typical kiwi type hunts on public land, definitely no big monster stags that can be purchased on private hunting estates / safaris.

I hunt deer here in the North Island and also tahr and chamois in the South Island. I have just posted a couple of reports of my hunts. BTW there are no tags, seasons or limits when hunting in New Zealand.

I have successfully did a hunt swap to Wyoming last year (elk, pronghorn with my bow) and an returning again this year (elk, mule deer).
Old 07-03-2016, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasc43 View Post
Hey everyone,

My name is Mark, 25, currently working in Calgary as an engineer. This will be my first season attempting to hunt and getting quite excited. I have been doing a ton of research and reading but it's all quite overwhelming. I am prepared to go out solo but would prefer to have a somewhat experienced partner to go with for company and safety! Looking to fill a couple general deer tags likely just on public land. Planning to get out and scout some locations over the coming summer months. Also open to just tagging along on someone else hunt and helping with glassing, packing out, etc.. I have most equipment and am quite fit, so up for anything, just looking to gain some field knowledge! So if you are a new hunter who wants to try and learn together or someone experienced looking for a new partner, give me a shout. We can meet up before the season for a range session and beer to get acquainted!

Cheers, Mark!

Just PM'd you mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-08-2016, 03:21 PM

I'm Justin, 37, and have been whitetail hunting for the past 3 seasons. My wife keeps bugging me to get her a bear and I've been putting it off due to my lack of bear hunting knowledge. I'm a quick study and have my own truck and gear. Not looking to leech off anyone just need someone with experience to show me how it's done. Willing to chip in for whatever is necessary (bait, fuel, etc). I live in Edmonton but will travel pretty much anywhere within a 5 hour radius.

Cheers!
Old 07-10-2016, 10:38 AM

So got drawn for antlered elk in 406, looking for anyone who also got drawn that is looking to partner up in the zone

In south Calgary, mid-30's, mature professional. Experienced in 406. If you want help scouting, and with any luck, help extracting your elk, PM me!
Old 07-13-2016, 08:50 PM

Default Looking for a mentor

Hi folks,
I am an eighteen year old looking for help with most of the aspects of hunting. I entered the draws for a white tail and an elk getting neither thank goodness (realized i know squat after i didn't 999 them) I belive this makes me eligable for a general tag for a deer. Theres a lot I need to learn, the foremost being where i can hunt and um how to find the animal. I already have a pal and the hunters ed. Im open to learning about any type of hunting. Be it big game, small game, water fowl, or upland. I based out of canmore but can travel so long as i have the heads up and hopefully its within 5-7 hrs max. As far as gear goes I do not have the most as thats what i have been trying to save up for but will be equiping my self as we get closer to the season. If your a legal and safe hunter looking for a partner to help you on your own hunt or just would not mind showing a new guy the ropes send me a pm or maybe we can meet up for coffee or a beer and just go over the regulations. Thanks either way
Nick
Old 07-16-2016, 01:22 AM

Hi everyone I'm 23 and hunted most of my life, guided waterfowl and turkeys in Ontario for 4 years for southern limits outfitting, also an avid bow hunter. Just looking for a hunting partner, located in Fort Mac.

Pm me if interested.

Thanks,

Hartsky
Old 07-26-2016, 10:31 AM

Default Waterfowl & Upland

Hi all,

Long time member and active big game hunter, fisherman, and beginning fly fisherman. I recently got a Nova Scotia Duck Toller (currently 7.5 months old) that has had 3 months of training by WWBirds for upland and water retrieves. I'm looking for someone with experience hunting upland over dogs or waterfowl to come with my 13 year old son and I. We have shotguns, truck, and the dog. Need someone with experience to help us out with setups, calling, etc as my hands will be full keeping the dog in line and supervising my boy.

We are located in the Sherwood Park area.

SS

YouTube: Harder Outdoors
Instagram: @harderoutdoors
FB: HarderOutdoors
Old 07-30-2016, 10:38 AM

Default Seeking waterfowl hunting partner/mentor

Hi there!

I'm looking to get into waterfowl hunting. I'm primarily a bow hunter, but I'm really keen to give waterfowling a shot. I've acquired a few duck decoys, and a layout blind but have no experience with an actual hunt. I would gladly help out anybody who could use an extra hand to help with laying out decoys, etc.
I'd like to think of myself as being a safe and ethical hunter, and have grown to realise that hunting is not always about harvesting an animal

If I can be of help to anyone, or if you are feeling gracious enough to share your experience and knowledge I'd be eager to hear from you.

All the best this season!
Old 07-30-2016, 08:07 PM

Hi Bud;
I have been hunting for about 35 years and I know a few things about hunting but my one problem is, I don't know where to go hunting since I move to Spruce Grove.
I just love hunting and is a Big Love of my life....lol... This year I have a GSP puppy that I'll be training for upland birds. If you interested in getting together, send me a message bud...

Buckshot
Old 07-31-2016, 07:17 PM

Hi . I'm scouting and planning a archery hunt for muleys . I'll be going in October some time , I'll most likely be going with my wife and 3 kids . it will be in the east central alberta .if anyone wants to tag along please pm me with a text number .