Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 03-03-2012, 10:31 PM

Default christensen firearms

Is there a Christensen rifle dealer in Canada?
Old 03-04-2012, 12:01 AM

Corlanes carries a few.

I was actually just in there on Thursday to pick up a 7mm Christensen blank for a wildcat load my mentor and I are building. One of the fellows there actually talked me out of the Christensen and into a Rock Creek carbon fiber. He told me that the only barrels he's ever had to fail during range testing were a couple of Christensens. Take that for the third hand story that it is though.

Cheers,
Kevin.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:06 AM

It`s for a buddy.His moose hunting friends are jacked on the Christensen arm to hunt whitetails in Sask. they think they have to shoot the deer a mile away to be great braggers in their towns.
My Weatherby Vanguard will do me great for the hunting I do.When I get tired of it it wont break my hart to lose a bit of buck`s when I sell it.I haven`t hunted the west like them yet,but I am satisfied with the rack`s i have. Thank`s for the information.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:09 AM

I'd would rather use a Christensen for a walking stick.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:14 AM

Default Christensen

Darren Reed (Saskatoon Gunworks, in Saskatoon) has imported a few for customers, but wasn't overly impressed considering the amounts of money involved. H S Precision or Cooper would be a much better bang for the buck IMHO
Old 03-04-2012, 09:38 AM

the ABS carbon fiber barrel(Rock Creek blank), is 10x's the barrel as the Christensen Arms barrels
Old 03-04-2012, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherby420 View Post
the ABS carbon fiber barrel(Rock Creek blank), is 10x's the barrel as the Christensen Arms barrels
That's what I ended up with. You can visibly see the difference in the fibers between the two barrels.

The Rock Creek job has a very random and interwoven fiber pattern, while the Christensen tube almost looks like that stick on carbon fiber decal that some kids put on their cars.

**Disclaimer**
I do not have any type of real world knowledge in the field of carbonfibrosis. My viewpoints are purely speculative and for the most part, made up.