Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 04-03-2014, 10:42 AM

Default fishing around punta cana?

How's the fishing there any good charter recommendations. We leave tonight for a week, wouldn't mind catching some fish.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:34 PM

I have used Gone Fishing twice and was ok... had more success in dozen or so times just using boats on shore and cost me way less money...

Had a lot of success with ambers and small sharks from shore using Shrimp i grabbed from Buffet
Old 04-04-2014, 09:09 PM

I'd love to offer you some advice but 6 of us went out and all we had were Barracuda's eating our bait (not sure why we couldn't just catch those) and a pod of whales. The whales were cool, but a fish would have been nice. I don't recall the name, but we just booked through our agent, and walked down the beach. There were several others to choose from.

Between the 3 boats that went out, 1 fish. Not sure what happens during what times of the year in that area, but we were there during February a couple years ago, so perhaps the timeline works out better for you.

As mentioned, I would think the shore fishing might be more fun, as mine was very targeted to a specific fish. Of course, a big marlin sounds fun too!

With that being said, I had the time of my life out there, and would do it again in a heartbeat. Beautiful all around.

PM if I can offer any suggestions on anything else. Otherwise, enjoy your trip!

Cheers,
Jay
Old 04-05-2014, 01:00 AM

Default Fishing

I've gone about six times in punta Cana. I have caught marlin before and a few others! But my suggestion is don't go with the guys selling the trips on the beach. If you do wait for the boat to come in the day before you book and see what they are catching. Alot of them tow a line behide the boat with no clue for what they are doing for four hours and take your money. Best bet is ask around and see whos catching, what the boats coming in are catching they keep ever thing they won't let you throw anything back. It is very cheap about 300 dollars and you have the boat to your self. Good luck can't wait to see pictures!
Old 04-06-2014, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THERICARDO View Post
Had a lot of success with ambers and small sharks from shore using Shrimp i grabbed from Buffet
What type of setup did you use for shore fishing?