Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-08-2010, 09:46 PM

Default North Saskachewan River?

Where should you fish in the river? Any hot spots lately? Any where close to Edmonton?
Thanks for any advice.
Old 05-09-2010, 11:53 AM

Well i havent fished inside edmonton area but landed a nice 4lb walleye,small burbot and 2 goldeye at devon last night. here are some pics.

Old 05-09-2010, 11:54 AM

Default RE:

I tried the beverily bridge in edm, I landed a few walleyes off the shore line with jig and Black leech worked well. I was only able to fish for 2 hours. Then I had to go to work.

Good Luck.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinggeek View Post
Well i havent fished inside edmonton area but landed a nice 4lb walleye,small burbot and 2 goldeye at devon last night. here are some pics.

Nice work, do you mind if I ask (roughly) where you were by Devon? I've always seen lots of people fishing around there (on the boat launch side) but never have I seen a fish come out.

Time, it makes you old. Experience makes you wise. It's only a fool who judges life by what he sees in other peoples' eyes.
- Strung Out

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams
Old 05-09-2010, 02:45 PM

We fished a spot a couple of miles upstream from the Genesee bridge yesterday afternoon for an hour or so and got two pretty decent Goldeyes and one sucker. Also did some exploring and found a couple of good holes on the river. Can't wait to get some time to fish them. Range road 13 area. Lots of islands on the river there.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:22 PM

Question for NSR users.... does anyone know if there's a place around edmonton thats suitable to wade into the river to practice fly casting?

My usual spin casting spots are not places I would venture to wade into....

Other than the NSR, are there some good local rivers/streams to get some practice on?
Old 05-10-2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdimedru View Post
Question for NSR users.... does anyone know if there's a place around edmonton thats suitable to wade into the river to practice fly casting?

My usual spin casting spots are not places I would venture to wade into....

Other than the NSR, are there some good local rivers/streams to get some practice on?
I would try Rundle Park you can walk down down from one of the parking lots near the river. You can also try the boat launch at zoo. I catch lots of goldeye in august standing on the rocks off of the boat launch.
Good Luck
Old 05-10-2010, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul C View Post
I would try Rundle Park you can walk down down from one of the parking lots near the river. You can also try the boat launch at zoo. I catch lots of goldeye in august standing on the rocks off of the boat launch.
Good Luck
thx I'll check em out... just need to do some more exploring...