Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-25-2017, 09:26 AM

Default RV Dealers in Edmonton?

Hi all,

We just sold our old fifth wheel over the weekend and my wife is wanting to move to a travel trailer. She has her eye on a new unit at All Star RV in Sherwood Park. I haven't dealt with any RV dealers in Edmonton before. We went around to quite a few and definitely found a difference in salesmen, but the service side of things has a bigger impact on satisfaction long term.

So, does anyone have a recommendation for a good RV dealer in the Edmonton area that takes care of you after the sale? Particularly interested in All Star as there is a model there my wife likes.

SS

YouTube: Harder Outdoors
Instagram: @harderoutdoors
FB: HarderOutdoors
Old 07-25-2017, 10:59 AM

Default Carefree RV

Someone I know just made a purchase from Carefree RV on Whitemud East of 50th Street. They had a great experience. The salesman, Corey, apparently was excellent to deal with. They spoke very highly of him and the whole experience.
I personally have never dealt there, but its not far from Sherwood Park so maybe check it out. No idea on after sale service.
kidd
Old 07-25-2017, 11:17 AM

i bought at coachworks in nisku, went great and very knowledgable staff
Old 07-25-2017, 11:41 AM

No way I'd buy new. All of our trailers were bought 1-2 years old. Many people use them 2-3 weekends a season.
Old 07-25-2017, 11:42 AM

No way I'd buy new. All of our trailers were bought 1-2 years old. Many people use them 2-3 weekends a season. We saved a pile of money, and they still smelled like new. Kinks were typically worked out and had been resolved by dealer. As you know, there are usually some kinks. Saved a pile of loot.
Old 07-25-2017, 11:47 AM

Same here I wouldn't buy new, take your time I know it's a hassle but is worth saving 10 to 12,000.00 if not more. I bought a 2005 truck camper it was spotless and worked well for me.
Old 07-25-2017, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
No way I'd buy new. All of our trailers were bought 1-2 years old. Many people use them 2-3 weekends a season. We saved a pile of money, and they still smelled like new. Kinks were typically worked out and had been resolved by dealer. As you know, there are usually some kinks. Saved a pile of loot.
I've been watching the used market as well, but middle of summer there aren't a lot of decent options out there that fit our criteria.

I've also bought a boat used and had major issues with it and our trailer had major issues as well. In both cases it was due to a lack of maintenance done for a long period of time by the previous owner, which I didn't know until it was too late. Maybe it's bad luck, maybe I'm not thorough enough, or maybe I'm a sucker. Whatever the case, I don't want to get into another situation where a couple years down the road I need to sell something that has significant issues. I bought my boat new last year and it has been awesome. Probably could have saved some coin buying used but I know what this one has been through and what I have or have not done.

SS

Old 07-25-2017, 01:08 PM

I won't speak through both sides of my face. We don't buy used vehicles, despite the copious money that many people save, as the one we had in 21 years of marriage cost us a heck of a pile of money that we really never had. Go with your gut.
Old 07-26-2017, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSteele View Post
Hi all,

We just sold our old fifth wheel over the weekend and my wife is wanting to move to a travel trailer. She has her eye on a new unit at All Star RV in Sherwood Park. I haven't dealt with any RV dealers in Edmonton before. We went around to quite a few and definitely found a difference in salesmen, but the service side of things has a bigger impact on satisfaction long term.

So, does anyone have a recommendation for a good RV dealer in the Edmonton area that takes care of you after the sale? Particularly interested in All Star as there is a model there my wife likes.

SS
I bought a new 5th wheel from All star 2 years ago, I bought there more for the fact that they carried and had the Jayco model I wanted. Buying there was fine but getting a few minor things repaired on warranty took for ever. It did get done eventually but you are booked months down the road and thats just for them to look at it.
All star sells alot of units but it seems there service side cant keep up from what I experienced.
Old 07-26-2017, 09:09 AM

Default Outback RV

Go down the street from Allstar and go to Outback RV. Victor and Sheila will take care of you.

Victor started the company as a service first company that grew into a nice small dealership.

Every dealership has almost the same setup in one of their models. Show them the floor plan model of the one your wife likes and chances are they will have one almost the same.
Old 07-26-2017, 11:26 AM

We went to Outback and were not impressed with the selection or the salesguy.

Old 07-26-2017, 11:47 AM

I'm in the market now for a slightly used Grandparents bunkhouse. A little off topic, but I have noticed prices seem better in Calgary than Edmonton.
Old 07-26-2017, 12:30 PM

I dealt with Bob at Allstar and is hands down the best salesman I've ever had for any purchase. When I came back inthe fall for some work he was in the service department with me. He also came in on his day off when I
Picked the trailer up new and made sure there was a dozen cold ones in the fridge. Couldn't be happier. If you go see Bob tell him Troy from Smoky Lake sent you and you can have my referral.
Old 07-26-2017, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thredneck View Post
I dealt with Bob at Allstar and is hands down the best salesman I've ever had for any purchase. When I came back inthe fall for some work he was in the service department with me. He also came in on his day off when I
Picked the trailer up new and made sure there was a dozen cold ones in the fridge. Couldn't be happier. If you go see Bob tell him Troy from Smoky Lake sent you and you can have my referral.
I would also recommend Bob. i didnt buy a trailer from him (was trying to make a deal on a hail damaged trailer and a deal couldnt be made unfortunately) but he was very professional and easy to deal with.

If you deal with him tell him Dave, the one trying to get a steal of a deal on the hail damaged trailer recommended him.
Old 07-26-2017, 03:10 PM

Would never go back to Carefree RV!! Service department allowed a repaired wiring issue to go back to us and almost caused a fire!! Also took three weeks wait to get it repair done in first place. Arkaan RV just off Sherwood Park freeway have definitely become our go-to dealer. Really pleasant sales people and very professional service department.
Old 07-26-2017, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSteele View Post
We went to Outback and were not impressed with the selection or the salesguy.
Too bad to hear. Happens everywhere from time to time at any dealership.

Good luck. Just go buy the trailer you like the best. You will get ****ty service everywhere.
Old 07-27-2017, 09:03 AM

If you're willing to travel a bit (less than an hour from Edmonton) I would highly recommend Tee-Pee trade and RV in Camrose. Lose the big city markup and get small town service and close enough to Edmonton that it's closer than some places in Edmonton (by travel time).
Old 07-27-2017, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerhunter View Post
Go down the street from Allstar and go to Outback RV. Victor and Sheila will take care of you.

Victor started the company as a service first company that grew into a nice small dealership.

Every dealership has almost the same setup in one of their models. Show them the floor plan model of the one your wife likes and chances are they will have one almost the same.
Outback RV has fantastic service. They always took care of me and went out of their way to make sure our trailer was ready before scheduled camping trips.