Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-25-2017, 06:31 PM

Default Campchef Explorer 2 burner stove problem

I recently bought the Campchef Explorer 2 burner stove which works really well when just using 1 of the 2 burners. As soon as I turn on both at the same time the heat drops considerably. After about 10min of trying to boil a pot of water I figured out that I needed the other burner off, then it boiled in less than a minute.

Does anyone else have this problem? Campchef doesnt respond to emails. TIA
Old 07-25-2017, 09:39 PM

I have a similar problem. The burner closest to the bottle works it should. Despite playing around with all of the adjustments, I cannot get the burner farther from the bottle to perform even close to where it should.
Old 07-25-2017, 09:47 PM

Mine must be the updated version as the line to my bottle runs in the middle of the burners. Too bad it has this issue as it would be an excellent stove.
Old 07-26-2017, 07:51 AM

Default Low Flow

I had a similar issue with the camp chef firepit. But after reading about it, it seemed that it was entering low flow mode, which didnt allow enough gas to get through and drastically reduced the heat/flame. Perhaps this could be related to your issue..

https://www.campchef.com/blog/low-fl...rill-or-stove/
Old 07-26-2017, 08:58 AM

The propane fire pits are bad for the low flow, when you shut them off make sure to turn off the switch on the fire pit off first then turn the propane tank off. If you turn the propane tank off first the next time you go to light it the regulator can stay in low flow mode & small fire then.
Old 07-26-2017, 08:58 AM

Regulator not working properly, had this a few times with friends camp chef gear. I've been lucky so far with mine.
Old 07-26-2017, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stc77 View Post
I had a similar issue with the camp chef firepit. But after reading about it, it seemed that it was entering low flow mode, which didnt allow enough gas to get through and drastically reduced the heat/flame. Perhaps this could be related to your issue..

https://www.campchef.com/blog/low-fl...rill-or-stove/
Thank you, Ill try this tomorrow.
Old 07-26-2017, 07:28 PM

Make sure your burners are off, slowly open the propane bottle then turn the burners on. Happened to us tonight, it's common if the burners are on when the bottles are opened.

"I find it interesting that some folk will pay to use a range, use a golf course, use a garage bay but think landowners should have to give permission for free. Do these same people think hookers should be treated like landowners?" pitw