Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-27-2010, 08:24 PM

Tip of the day....chicken skin like previously post Goldeye are famous for stealing bait,cut your raw skin in slivers (like worms) then stick'm on your hook ,Goldeye love this stuff and good luck getting it off the hook!

Jamie, the last trail or opening before you get to the ball diamond at the campground is you best bet if you are targeting Goldeye,seems to be popular with the shore fishermen,runs about 6ft deep close to shore ,with shallows all around.

The only difference between a taxidermist and the taxman, is that the taxidermist leaves the skin...
Old 05-27-2010, 08:51 PM
Fishingnutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Some good info here.

My wife and daughter will be camping around Nacmine for a few months. I was thinking about heading out and trying my luck right there.
Anyone have any info on Fly fishing at the Nacmine campground?
It would be my first time on the water with a fly rod, so please keep it simple.

Thanks
Jamie
bring lots of water and a big umbrella as it's smokin hot there. also, on moonless nights, star gazing is phenomenal
Old 05-28-2010, 10:56 AM

Shammi don't worry too much about releasing fish other than goldeye most of the time fish are tolerant with proper handleing of the release.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:48 PM

Default Calgary101

can any one post the river condition in Drumheller? I went to Drumheller on June 26 and July 24, 2010 and the river was very muddy with strong current.

Thanks in advance!
Yaba,
Old 11-03-2010, 11:04 PM

sorry if someone already mentioned it (i stopped reading after first page of comments) but one of the local favorite spot in the RDR around drumheller is the rosedale bridge, just walk past the first pillar under the bridge ( pretty shallow), then walk straight out towards the rosebud river merging and cast a lure (i love using 5 of dia spoon). Some GIANT wallys from there. Another good spot is just past east coulee, theres this island when it gets shallow enough, u can actually just walk onto the island there and have caught some big goldeyes wallys lings pike (a big one somehow snapped the hook off of my dads spoon ) lol.

I also see alot of people fish down by newcastle (straight across river from 18th street in midland). I live in midland so i fish on the midland side (caught a few 5-6 pounder wallys )

a final spot i should mention is the train bridge by 25th street midland (across river), caught a nice sauger there earlier, but the land there is owned by someone (luckily their grandson is a close friend of mine lol haha), so i fished there once in a while

hope this helps
Old 06-19-2013, 11:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicemustang View Post
Yes thanks all for the tips. Never thought of the muddy water....guess that makes sense. As stated I haven't really river fished before. Wanted to go our after work tomorrow though, enjoy some nice weather...maybe I'll just go to Severn.

I wasn't sure if I was going to keep anything...but maybe I will. Are they good eating? I have to admit that I'm a smoking expert for whitefish, so if they are similar then I'd totally give that a try!
Where do you usually go to fish for whitefish? winter or summer? I'm have a tonne of trouble catching them (beginner here).