Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 07-23-2018, 10:59 AM

Default Shuttle

I know this has been covered here before. but i'd rather start a new thread. which company is being used to shuttle vehicles around to float the bow? Are there more than one? what is the average price? i'll be floating from Policeman's flats to McKinnon flats. would any one like to shar contact info for these shuttles? i'm sure google may have the answers for me, but you fine folks are much more human I have a 10' pontoon and have owned it for 3 years. i' have never used it. I had an accident that required bone graft surgery to my shoulder, but i'm finally fully recovered so i'd like to get out there
Old 07-23-2018, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrem597x1977 View Post
I know this has been covered here before. but i'd rather start a new thread. which company is being used to shuttle vehicles around to float the bow? Are there more than one? what is the average price? i'll be floating from Policeman's flats to McKinnon flats. would any one like to shar contact info for these shuttles? i'm sure google may have the answers for me, but you fine folks are much more human I have a 10' pontoon and have owned it for 3 years. i' have never used it. I had an accident that required bone graft surgery to my shoulder, but i'm finally fully recovered so i'd like to get out there
I know for sure there are two shuttle services operating, perhaps a third as I saw flyers posted at Glenmore last fall.

Mel is the shuttle service I use 55$ - 403.510.0138 I usually book him the night before (via text) as i'm smarter in the evening than I am in the morning, but you can book him the morning of also.

Louise is the other main one, I do not have her number but someone on here will i'm sure, she does not allow shuttles to be booked until the morning of though. I think she charges the same as Mel or it may 60$

Happy floating!
Old 07-23-2018, 03:48 PM

Louise's # 403-702-1352
Same price as Mel ($55)
Very dependable over the 18 years I've been using her service
Old 07-24-2018, 08:21 AM

Thanks folks I really appreciate the help. now to get out there and learn how to use this pontoon boat I've had hanging in my garage for the past 3 years! should be an experience!

Thanks again!
Old 07-24-2018, 11:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrem597x1977 View Post
I see you got the numbers you needed. That is a great drift, so much great water to fish, have a great drift!! Hopper Dropper with a #12 tungstud fly (about 20-24"down) in olive or black has worked really well in that part of the river for me. If you get the chance and weather permitting do that drift again in October.......best fly fishing I have ever had.
Old 07-25-2018, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunsie View Post
Same price as Mel ($55)
Very dependable over the 18 years I've been using her service
dumb guy posted wrong number

403-818-1625