Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 12-17-2021, 09:19 AM

Amazing Video Ibex is top of my bucket list cannot wait to go on an adventure like this one day!.
Old 12-17-2021, 10:19 AM

Thanks for sharing, Alex. Beautiful scenery. What a story!

Do you mind explaining what the Kotlet is?
Old 12-17-2021, 10:22 AM

^ Sort of large fried meat patties. Different recipes, of course, but some add bread, potatoes, onions, etc.
Old 12-17-2021, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
Ibex have always been a dream animal for me and the mid Asian ibex or Spanish subspecies are the only ones that are in reach of being possible

So how wary did you find the ibex in this hunt? And what is realistic shooting distance in your opinion?

Did you rent a firearm? If not how difficult was it to import your own?

Huge difference between Spanish wild goat (They are not a real Ibex) and a Mid Asian Ibex. Former is relatively tame and lives at 1,000 m above sea level. Latter is wild, extremely spooky, tough and resilient and lives above 4,000 meters. Most shooting distances on Mid Asian Ibex are beyond 400 yards. You never rely on rentals in Asia. They have junk. Its very easy to take your rifle as they will get you a gun permit and generally only 50 rounds of ammo. Hope I addressed all your questions.
Old 12-17-2021, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronneroi View Post
Thanks for sharing, Alex. Beautiful scenery. What a story!

Do you mind explaining what the Kotlet is?
1 lb of ground meat, one grated onion, 1 lb of potatoes cooked-grated, one egg, cinnamon, salt, pepper, turmeric. Mix thoroughly by hand & let it sit in the fridge for a couple of hours. Then form in to patties, bread it and fry in a hot sizzling pan. Do NOT flip it until one side is cooked!

Bon appetite!
Old 12-17-2021, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astepanuk View Post
Amazing Video Ibex is top of my bucket list cannot wait to go on an adventure like this one day!.
Do it now. Governments change and before you know it, it gets shut down!
Old 12-17-2021, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chukar Hunter View Post
Huge difference between Spanish wild goat (They are not a real Ibex) and a Mid Asian Ibex. Former is relatively tame and lives at 1,000 m above sea level. Latter is wild, extremely spooky, tough and resilient and lives above 4,000 meters. Most shooting distances on Mid Asian Ibex are beyond 400 yards. You never rely on rentals in Asia. They have junk. Its very easy to take your rifle as they will get you a gun permit and generally only 50 rounds of ammo. Hope I addressed all your questions.
I realize the Spanish and a few other species that are called ibex are not true ibex but they are still interesting. I the true ibex sub species are definitely more impressive animals

Thanks for the information regarding the mid Asian that answered my questions perfectly
Old 12-18-2021, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chukar Hunter View Post
1 lb of ground meat, one grated onion, 1 lb of potatoes cooked-grated, one egg, cinnamon, salt, pepper, turmeric. Mix thoroughly by hand & let it sit in the fridge for a couple of hours. Then form in to patties, bread it and fry in a hot sizzling pan. Do NOT flip it until one side is cooked!

Bon appetite!
Awesome, thanks!