Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-08-2021, 12:52 PM

I’ve been having issues with my thumb and index finger. It started 2 1/2 years ago with trigger thumb. Started wearing a brace and doing exercises. After about 6 months trigger thumb was gone. Started having problems with my thumb again about 6 months ago. When I bend my thumb my index finger also bends. It gets quite painful. Back to wearing the brace. Also started using Rescue Gel sold by Norwex. It’s really helped manage the pain.
Old 12-08-2021, 04:52 PM

I got diagnosed last fall and had surgery on my left wrist mid June. I fishing salmon on the coast in mid July. Surgery was really simple and lasted 5 minutes. I was awake and didn't take any gas so I drove myself home 30 minutes after. The no gas thing is your choice and you need to be ok with the feel of cutting and tugging and also the sound without getting too worked up.

I am scheduled for the right wrist in January as long as the Transformer Virus doesn't mess it up.

No more numbness and falling asleep when holding objects. Also no more waking up with severe numbness and pain. Still have all those symptoms in my right wrist and still have to wear my brace at night. I really can't wait to have both done.