Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-06-2021, 10:47 PM

Default Ice age on its way?

Carbon tax will bankrupt us all.

https://www.sciencenatures.com/2021/...HXp8bmFK7j6fC0
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 12-07-2021, 06:15 AM

great just when i thought we were getting nice hot summers and warmer winters. Prob gonna all die from omincron anyway or the next variant.
Old 12-07-2021, 06:18 AM

May have to stock up on extensions for the auger.

If we are going to solve pollution problems CO2 ain’t it. I’m far more worried around water and soil pollution.

We as a society need to look for alternatives to fossil fuel not because of emissions (that’s simply a money grab) but because we will eventually will run out and it will take a century to figure it out those alternatives. Best we start now.
Old 12-07-2021, 06:20 AM

Hopefully David Suzuki will shut up now.
Old 12-07-2021, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewerrat View Post
^^^ Need. Like. Button!

J.
Old 12-07-2021, 06:38 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Wink

I see it everyday checking the lakes....ice age must be coming cuz there is ice forming and temps are sitting below zero

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 12-07-2021, 07:09 AM

Finally, now maybe they’ll open up the woolly mammoths season.
Old 12-07-2021, 07:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewerrat View Post
Not Likely, liberals have an impossible time understanding that concept!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
HAHAHA, man that is funny!!!!
Old 12-07-2021, 07:25 AM

OMG please do not tell Greta.......... how dare you...........

Now the liberals will invent an ICE tax to go along with the CARBON tax, the turd won't miss a beat

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 12-07-2021, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penner View Post
May have to stock up on extensions for the auger.

If we are going to solve pollution problems CO2 ain’t it. I’m far more worried around water and soil pollution.

We as a society need to look for alternatives to fossil fuel not because of emissions (that’s simply a money grab) but because we will eventually will run out and it will take a century to figure it out those alternatives. Best we start now.
Didn’t we reach peak oil in the 70’s?

-Billy Molls
Old 12-07-2021, 09:31 AM

Default oil

We are addicted to oil/hydrocarbon and society will have hard time lowering our Standard of Living we enjoy. Solar panels and windmills will "Never" be able to replace this energy source and plastics building block. Hell windmills is 100 year old technology, we had them on many farms in Alberta and Sask.
We will be Burning Dinasours for rest of 21st century especially in Canada a very cold/big northern country!
Then with Ontario losing Auto industry and Alberta with no Oil industry, Canada's largest export $$ where the hell will we get our jobs and money.
Old 12-07-2021, 09:32 AM

I won't be hoarding parkas and insulated boots.

Grizz

Isaiah 5:8
Old 12-07-2021, 10:46 AM

Used to be global warming

Changed it to climate change

Idiots

There is nothing wrong with the planet. Some wiener thinks he can save it from what it does naturally.....makes things extinct. Thats what the Earth does best. Makes things extinct and heals itself.

You can hug trees, eat leaves, ride a bike, wear the same clothes every day, rub granola bars on your arse...it doesnt matter. The Earth is in charge. When Mother Earth gets sick of you, she will kill you
Old 12-07-2021, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
Used to be global warming

Changed it to climate change

Idiots

There is nothing wrong with the planet. Some wiener thinks he can save it from what it does naturally.....makes things extinct. Thats what the Earth does best. Makes things extinct and heals itself.

You can hug trees, eat leaves, ride a bike, wear the same clothes every day, rub granola bars on your arse...it doesnt matter. The Earth is in charge. When Mother Earth gets sick of you, she will kill you
Yup! And if O'le Mother Nature decides we need a mini ice age, the liberals of the world will find a way to tax that too!. Taxing a tax on a tax is what liberals do.

BW
Old 12-07-2021, 12:42 PM

So you guys think the Wooly Mammoth will be a once in a lifetime tag like mtn goat or can we build priority points?
Old 12-07-2021, 01:25 PM

They should get a bunch of world powerhouses together to brainstorm on how to change the worlds weather. They ought to come up with a great plan.

-Billy Molls
Old 12-07-2021, 01:58 PM

The only problem with the earth is that there are too many humans on it. Nature will find a way to fix that. Some of us are arrogant enough to think man can change the weather. Pfft.
An ice age? That might work.
Old 12-07-2021, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayseed View Post
So you guys think the Wooly Mammoth will be a once in a lifetime tag like mtn goat or can we build priority points?

I sure hope so! I still have my priority from when they closed the season last time.

Old 12-07-2021, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunluvr View Post
The only problem with the earth is that there are too many humans on it. Nature will find a way to fix that. Some of us are arrogant enough to think man can change the weather. Pfft.
Exactly

5 billion years, countless eruptions and asteroids, polar shifts, plate movement and earthquakes and floods and droughts and solar flares and the best Trudeau can do is plastic straws and refillable bottles (barely)......

So, what have I done?

I do what normal people do. I recycle what i can, i dont litter, i cut deadfall, i hunt, i give away what i dont use, and i dont pollute myself or my family with social media
Old 12-07-2021, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunluvr View Post
Come on, the virus is working right now. More soon coming to a person near you.

Grizz

Isaiah 5:8
Old 12-07-2021, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Buffalo View Post
I sure hope so! I still have my priority from when they closed the season last time.

Dang Stinky!! You is gonna need some packers bud, color me gone I'm in !!
Old 12-07-2021, 08:31 PM

Quote:
I’ll need a bigger gun. Any suggestions……..
Old 12-07-2021, 10:51 PM

I will be farming the woolly mammoths! Can’t wait! You boys can sign up for the mammoth milk….
Will make cheese, buttermilk, cream and sour cream out of it. I am so exited!
Old 12-08-2021, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmtada View Post
I’ll need a bigger gun. Any suggestions……..
950 JDJ, they are coming out with a Canadian Woolly special edition. Upside down maple leaf on the stock and a list of outlets where you can turn it in to the liberals after purchase.
Old 12-08-2021, 07:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB View Post
I will be farming the woolly mammoths! Can’t wait! You boys can sign up for the mammoth milk….
Will make cheese, buttermilk, cream and sour cream out of it. I am so exited!
You have a standing order for the Mammoth wool! I would love to own a Woolly Mammoth hand-fitted custom and knitted sweater! Probably warmer than my Icelandic wool sweaters!
Old 12-08-2021, 07:42 AM

Quote:

Slow clapping, well done Stinky. I see Grizzly draws are still no go!
Old 12-08-2021, 08:03 AM

All for trying to limit pollution to the air, soil, and water but this climate change stuff I am not buying it. Man doesn’t have near the control many think we do when it comes to this planet.

Carbon taxes won’t fix anything and we do all kinds of damage that is not carbon related. We are wasteful and overpopulated that is the bigger issue.

Really just go take a look at the unnecessary garbage we make that is really no use like excessive packaging, crap products with a short lifespan and one use items. Consider the long term impact of our infrastructure especially our cities

But let’s focus on climate change something that has been happening on this planet since the beginning of time.
Old 12-08-2021, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Slow clapping, well done Stinky. I see Grizzly draws are still no go!
Thank you, Mavrick!

I think the screen shot of my Grizzly priority was in a post that I had in early April, if I recall correctly... VERY early April...
Old 12-08-2021, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
All for trying to limit pollution to the air, soil, and water but this climate change stuff I am not buying it. Man doesn’t have near the control many think we do when it comes to this planet.

Carbon taxes won’t fix anything and we do all kinds of damage that is not carbon related. We are wasteful and overpopulated that is the bigger issue.

Really just go take a look at the unnecessary garbage we make that is really no use like excessive packaging, crap products with a short lifespan and one use items. Consider the long term impact of our infrastructure especially our cities

But let’s focus on climate change something that has been happening on this planet since the beginning of time.
We are definitely on the same page, Smoky.

I am still choked that they cancelled plastic recycling in my municipality. Turns out whoever was contracted to recycle it just routed it to the Pacific Rim for disposal, and they finally said, "no more!" Maddening.

We have the technology to use more sustainable packaging, to recycle many of our consumable materials. Why couldn't the carbon tax money go into supporting that kind of thing, instead of shipping it to some other country as a kind of penance/equalization payment?

Add to that, many of us don't mind paying a bit more if we can get better quality products and services. Bonus if they are locally sourced. But we are not the majority... The masses are happy to buy 'n toss.
Old 12-08-2021, 09:36 AM

Quote:
We are definitely on the same page, Smoky.

I am still choked that they cancelled plastic recycling in my municipality. Turns out whoever was contracted to recycle it just routed it to the Pacific Rim for disposal, and they finally said, "no more!" Maddening.

We have the technology to use more sustainable packaging, to recycle many of our consumable materials. Why couldn't the carbon tax money go into supporting that kind of thing, instead of shipping it to some other country as a kind of penance/equalization payment?

Add to that, many of us don't mind paying a bit more if we can get better quality products and services. Bonus if they are locally sourced. But we are not the majority... The masses are happy to buy 'n toss.
I have been saying it for years there is one simple change that would make a big impact without impacting the lives of people.

Regulate unnecessary packaging and you would likely cut waste in half. Products would take up less space meaning you could transport more products in one load in many cases as well. You would cut back on waste in the production of packaging. It would cut back on production costs to companies as well and maybe intern lower prices

Only loss is fancy advertising on packaging and the company would not be able to fool consumers with half empty packaging trying to make them think they are getting more

Personally I doubt anyone would miss the extra garbage and can’t see a negative to it

But instead we focus on fluff like climate change and carbon tax instead of making realistic changes

So many simple changes that could be made that I bet would see overwhelming public support but yet we focus on stupidity