Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-08-2021, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
I have been saying it for years there is one simple change that would make a big impact without impacting the lives of people.

Regulate unnecessary packaging and you would likely cut waste in half. Products would take up less space meaning you could transport more products in one load in many cases as well. You would cut back on waste in the production of packaging. It would cut back on production costs to companies as well and maybe intern lower prices

Only loss is fancy advertising on packaging and the company would not be able to fool consumers with half empty packaging trying to make them think they are getting more

Personally I doubt anyone would miss the extra garbage and can’t see a negative to it

But instead we focus on fluff like climate change and carbon tax instead of making realistic changes

So many simple changes that could be made that I bet would see overwhelming public support but yet we focus on stupidity
No kidding, we just got our granddaughter a few things for Christmas, the box is the size of a bulletin board and the gift the size of a dinky toy. And where is all that cardboard going? In our case burned, but most to a landfill, either way not good.
Old 12-08-2021, 10:24 AM

Japan looked into plastic recycle in the 1980's. They had initial 200 plastic recycle companies, almost all were out of business in few years. Around 20 still in business and only about 10 were economical. They said hell with this nonsense and started burning All their plastic along with other garbage to boil water and produce electric power. Problem solved!
Old 12-08-2021, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North40Rules View Post
You have a standing order for the Mammoth wool! I would love to own a Woolly Mammoth hand-fitted custom and knitted sweater! Probably warmer than my Icelandic wool sweaters!
I am thinking of starting with the socks….
Old 12-08-2021, 09:21 PM

I'm going to spoil the party here and try an inject some facts from accredited and credible sources to bring back into the world of facts and reality .........

The original article, the publication are, at the very least, sensationalizing and stretching the reality of this common, very predictable and repeating pattern of the sun and how that impacts temperatures on earth. To call a median change of less than one degree, over a cycle of 11 years, only to have it swing the other way every 11 years or so, and call this an ice age is an utter joke and enormous exaggeration.

I think we will be just fine, so you can stop hoarding firewood and come out of the basement now

https://climate.nasa.gov/ask-nasa-cl...-mini-ice-age/

https://www.sciencealert.com/we-re-a...t-really-means

https://skepticalscience.com/print.php?r=448
Old 12-09-2021, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayseed View Post
Dang Stinky!! You is gonna need some packers bud, color me gone I'm in !!
Woohoo! I'll hold you to this, you know.
Old 12-09-2021, 09:48 AM

call this an ice age is an utter joke and enormous exaggeration.

OK, Mini Ice Age ?

Grizz

Isaiah 5:8
Old 12-09-2021, 10:10 AM

One thing not observed by most people is that a swing of temperature downwards a few degrees at certain times of the year could cut food production in half. With plant trying to survive after being frosted, if the plant wasn't killed, the amount it can produce is greatly reduced. This may be mitigated to a degree by winter crops, but I'm not counting on it.

One could look to what happened to the Norse on Greenland to see what could happen.
Old 12-09-2021, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams1 View Post
call this an ice age is an utter joke and enormous exaggeration.

OK, Mini Ice Age ?

Grizz
Have you been to Edmonton lately. The whole dam place is covered in ice! With more freexxxing rain in the forecast!

BW