Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-08-2021, 08:35 PM

Default The man who made it feel like Christmas

Always liked and appreciated his little anecdotes, but they seem to have gone by the way the last couple of years. Didn't realize he was connected to the Mustard Seed either.

The Guy Who Made It Feel Like Christmas
Bridgewater, NS, Canada / CKBW
Mike Richards
Dec 11, 2020 | 3:57 AM

The Guy Who Made It Feel Like Christmas
Gipp Forster. Name ring a bell? I never met him in person but for me he was the guy who made it feel like Christmas.

Gipp Forster was the host of “It Feels Like Christmas” which aired on radio stations across Canada for the last 30 plus years. His deep voice and uncanny storytelling abilities would weave a wonderful story about Christmas that would move me like no other narrator.

Gipp looked like Santa Claus with his white beard. He was an ordained minister based in Victoria, B.C. who ministered to street people for many years and eventually opened up a church called Mustard Street Ministry. People who knew him personally said he loved Christmas like no one else and would play Christmas CD’s in his car all year round!

I’ve heard many stories from troubled young people that he helped get off the street and turned their lives around. Gipp passed away 7 years ago on his birthday at the age of 76.

One man who had listened to Gipp on the radio as a teenager and was moved by his Christmas stories went on to be a successful business owner and would sponsor “It Feels Like Christmas” on multiple radio stations.

For me, Gipp will always be the guy who made it feel like Christmas.

Grizz

Isaiah 5:8
Old 12-08-2021, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....