Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-16-2014, 11:32 AM

Unhappy Disrespect

Last week on Long Lake, picked up variety of litter, cigarette packages, bait containers, and number of cigarette butts. I can't believe how little respect some people have for our beautiful outdoors. Only think of themselves I guess. If we all had this attitude our parks and lakes would soon be a mess.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:35 AM

It's like that everywhere. It's really pathetic.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
Old 03-16-2014, 11:47 AM

Eveytime I go out I see that, someone even took a crap on the ice and left it out it the open, at least dig a hole!!!!
Old 03-16-2014, 12:21 PM

yes it's sad , some people think outdoors = place to dump garbage
Old 03-16-2014, 12:28 PM

ya its absolutly ridiculous the mess people leave , i figure if you cant pick up your crap dont fish but that will never happin i always pick up a pile of junk everywhere i go winter and summer. last week i was at devils lake and there is many sticks with a crap load of line tied to them and pieces of plastic bags on them frozen to the ice , what a joke
Old 03-16-2014, 12:45 PM

I wondered where all the guys from Coal Lake went.....guess we know now.
Old 03-17-2014, 09:53 AM

Default Disrespect

I wonder what some of their homes and yards look like???
Old 03-17-2014, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 338Bluff View Post
I wondered where all the guys from Coal Lake went.....guess we know now.
I agree it's pretty bad out there in the spring. A few of us organised a clean up there a couple years ago....it took parks a long time to come and get the trash bags we filled up!

LC
Old 03-17-2014, 10:41 AM

Fallis was bad for garbage this weekend. I really don't see a problem with poo though. Think how many coyotes crap on the ice. No big issue in my eyes.

Savage LTWT Hunter 111 - 6.5x284 Norma
Old 03-18-2014, 07:25 AM
Banned

Yep , pulled my sled on gull for about a kilometre and there was garbage every 100 m or so. Some garbage was already frozen in old holes.

Clean after yourself people
Old 03-18-2014, 09:11 AM

I was out on a lake north of Athabasca yesterday, I didn't see any garbage on the ice, but the little piles of crap were everywhere! Seriously, who does this? I've never thought about it before, but is this just a winter thing, or do people hang their butts off the side of the boat in the summer and let'er rip too? Thankfully most of the snow is melted now, so you can see where these little gifts have been left, so you don't have to worry about drilling into one.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:50 AM

I find that it is the same on all the lakes with easy access. Eagle Lake has been bad for garbage this year. Last year I went to PCR one day and it was absolutely disgusting.
Old 03-18-2014, 03:19 PM

Sante was disgusting yesterday, picked up garbage everywhere we went. Rotten bait in plastic bags, minnow tubs, food packaging, fire pits and a half pound of green bacon....
Clean up your mess people, our lake bottoms are starting to look like a damn landfill. Sante has a public dumpster and outhouse right on the launch...

WC
Old 03-18-2014, 04:25 PM

yup ...... disgusting ...... I hate finding trash out there .....

Saw the world's largest piece of poo at Devil's a few weeks ago. It had to be thicker than a man's forearm and twice as long.

Given the size of human that would be capable of this feat ..... there must be giants among us. Although we did not weigh it, an estimated length and girth puts this puppy at just over 8lbs.

The culprit would have needed to be fully dilated and versed in using a focal point to his breathing exercises to squeeze that one out.

A lesser man would have died.

Perhaps a few weeks of red meat and cheese without pooping was the precursor to producing this record breaking poo. I will never be the same person after seeing that horror.

Just shook my head and cleaned up the rest of the trash ......... I left the monstrous poop as it will make a natural island in the summer that flocks of birds will nest on.

Running it over with my 4x4 would result in a bent rim and high centered truck stranded on the ice.

gross.
Old 03-19-2014, 01:02 AM

it really ticks me off when you are at a spot as beautiful as Abraham Lake and the Shore is Littered with Minnow Containers/Marshmallow Containers(im amazed the Bulls and Lakers would eat marshmallows-but there was alot of empty containers so they must) and Bait Hook packaging...and its No Bait allowed.. Notified the Fish Cops, they were aware of the situation. Sad Sad Situation..

And then the FishingGeeks come and fish there and i blame them for using marshmallows...lol
Old 03-19-2014, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post

Saw the world's largest piece of poo at Devil's a few weeks ago. It had to be thicker than a man's forearm and twice as long.

Given the size of human that would be capable of this feat ..... there must be giants among us. Although we did not weigh it, an estimated length and girth puts this puppy at just over 8lbs.

The culprit would have needed to be fully dilated and versed in using a focal point to his breathing exercises to squeeze that one out.

Perhaps a few weeks of red meat and cheese without pooping was the precursor to producing this record breaking poo. I will never be the same person after seeing that horror.

Just shook my head and cleaned up the rest of the trash ......... I left the monstrous poop as it will make a natural island in the summer that flocks of birds will nest on.

Running it over with my 4x4 would result in a bent rim and high centered truck stranded on the ice.

gross.
too funny!!
Old 03-19-2014, 06:52 PM

Same thing sledding, atving etc, pristine areas stained with garbage from fawken slobs. I usually end up packing out more than I pack in. Always a few bad apples in every bunch.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post

gross.
Thanks for that......funniest thing I've read in a LONG time!
Old 03-19-2014, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokerman View Post
Last week on Long Lake, picked up variety of litter, cigarette packages, bait containers, and number of cigarette butts. I can't believe how little respect some people have for our beautiful outdoors. Only think of themselves I guess. If we all had this attitude our parks and lakes would soon be a mess.

I don't want to disrespect animals,calling these careless people 'animals'.
Even animal droppings are good for the soil.What are these people good for?

Careless,egotistic,rude,talk and drive like crazy and they have no respect for nature or humanity.Simply disgusting.