Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 08-26-2001, 06:21 PM
Our hard earned tax

Default Our hard earned tax dollars at work

I am a long term firearm owner and have shot competition for many years. I applied for my fire arm licence in October of last year and have , to date not recivied any responce . On phoning and inquiring about my application they responded that there was no record of the application, BS>. we are comming into a new hunting season and I inquired as to the conservations stance on unlicenced hunters, no responce what do we pay our tax dollars for , DAMM I'll be ****ed if they don't get my licence in time and get charged . Any one out there know the stance of the alberta consevation enforcment branch on this issue?
Old 08-27-2001, 05:56 PM
Gov. screw up !!!!

Default Gov. screw up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You should still have the stub from the form that you sent in, and if I were you I would still bug them. Did you send in a cheque or money order ..... maybe you can trace if they have cashed them or not. Hope this tid -bit helps in someway.
Old 08-27-2001, 06:47 PM
Pappy in AB

Default Re: Gov. screw up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Somewhat similar for me. Last Oct I applied, then in Dec they charged $10.00 to my Master Card account (proof positive of receipt by the CFC). Finally got it in June after repeated phone calls. But they couldn't say they didn't get it because of my Master Card bill. I would hope that both the Police and CO's would be soft on this in AB. Are they going to ask for PAL's/POL's/FAC's of everyone in addition to all the licenses and tags this season? I don't know.