Default ~The 10th Annual Rumwal M-A-W Ice Fishing Derby~

Presents
the 10th annual
Make-A-Wish Ice Fishing Derby

February 19th 2012
‘No Alberta Fishing license required this weekend’
Wabamun lake
Event time: 10am - 3pm

This year Wabamun Lake will play host to another RUMWAL Adventure Ice Fishing Event. This will be the 10th year for this annual fund raising event, with a portion of the proceeds going to the Make-A-Wish® foundation.

Once again you are cordially invited to attend and bring along friends and family in support of the Make-A-Wish kids day of fishing.

DETAILS: Sunday February 19th 2012 10am-3pm
$40 per hole
No Alberta Fishing license required this weekend
Catch and Release Derby
Fish must be alive to be entered in for any prizes
All fish must be of legal size to be eligible for cash prizes
Prizes awarded for length, first fish caught and most caught
Concessions; including Hamburgers and Hot-Dogs will be available
Early-Bird deadline – January 31st. 2012

INCLUDED: Pre-drilled ice holes
Measuring station, with chart showing current standings
Map detailing the route to the derby and location of site

Parking will be onshore and a path will be made to the on-ice location. Each contestant will be responsible for his/her own actions on and off the ice.

Registration may be paid by EMAIL money transfer:
With Interac Email Money Transfer you can send money
Directly from your personal bank account to anyone with an
Email address and a personal bank account at a Canadian financial institution

For more information please contact us at:

Big Mur; rumtan@telusplanet.net (Murray)
Gibby; lgibby1@shaw.ca or (Lawrence)

Alberta Competitive Fishing Event License Number # CFE 0593

The event will be held just off to the left of the main boat launch/pier in the town of Wabamun.
Exit off hwy 16 at the Wabamun exit, head south on 50th street to the boat launch.

Click on the google maps link below for directions and location of event.

http://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?client...fc2d418ab&z=17

For more info or to arrange payment via email money transfer or to pay by cash
Lawrence
email lgibby1@shaw.ca

Murray
a.k.a Rumtan
email rumtan@telusplanet.net

For more info or to learn about Rumwal Adventures and additional ways to contact us for tickets...

Visit us at www.rumwaladventures.ca

Old 12-19-2011, 03:00 PM
Gone Fishing

Thank You AO for allowing our poster again this year. This is the 10th derby held for the Make-A-Wish and we hope it will be another huge success!
Old 12-19-2011, 05:28 PM

Don't forget to get in on the Early Bird draws. The cut off is January 31st 2012.
Old 12-21-2011, 04:55 AM

MURRAY .....you can count on me too donate prizes and if all goes well i will attend......your a good man for organizing a event that puts happiness in the life of a underprivaled child. Heavan has a spot for you sir

CD
Old 12-21-2011, 10:03 AM
Gone Fishing

WOW chubb......thanks for the kind words. I hope every success for you on your endeavour, I may make it to yours.....never count me out lol.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:53 AM

Sounds like alot of fun,been to one many years ago.
Just few questions .
1) Just wonding if lunch is supplied again, or should I pack a lunch?

2) I understand we get only one hole for $40.00 are we stuck with that one hole all day ,or can we move around?

3) Does it cost more if we want an extra hole for an underwater camera?

4) Can we have fishing tents?
Old 01-08-2012, 01:33 PM
Gone Fishing

No electronics or vehicles allowed in the alloted area, food is availible for a buck or two (all proccedes go to Make-A-Wish) and YES you can bring a tent......the reason we charge for food this year is so we dont have to raise the price of the entrance fee (which hasnt been raised for 4 years). There may be a few draws also that will be fun.....bring some extra toonies.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:48 PM

Thanks Murry.....Can you answer question #2
Old 01-08-2012, 02:16 PM
Gone Fishing

Sorry -JR- I missed that one....of course you can move around from one hole to another if its open. Its just a fun derby for families and friends to meet up and raise some much needed monies for charity. It is VERY common for competitors to assist each other getting fish up and over to the weigh station, its all about the fun !
Old 01-15-2012, 11:55 AM

I'm looking forward to the derby. I won't be fishing but volunteering my time to lend a hand again. Hopefully everyone comes out and can raise alot of money for a good cause.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:05 PM

I am trying to plan my Birthday party around it, seeing as how it's the free fishing weekend you save at least 40.00 on licensing fees and a win card if you need one... So that savings of 40.00 is just the right amount to get a ticket and join the Rumwal gang and it's devoted followers in a great day for an even Greater cause.

At least this is what I am trying to explain to my friends whom I have invited.

Murray, you are a GREAT man, if you have had the chance to Meet Rumtan ever, you will see his heart is of Gold and is humour is next to none.

Once again a big hip hip hooray for the Rumwal Gang!
Old 01-15-2012, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anvil View Post
Murray, you are a GREAT man, if you have had the chance to Meet Rumtan ever, you will see his heart is of Gold and is humour is next to none.

Once again a big hip hip hooray for the Rumwal Gang!
Sounds like it! Now I have to get out there and support this. Hope you can make it Anvil. Stay in touch for your attendance. I'm out by Devon so maybe not ideal for car/truck pool but I hope to see you there.

Cheers!
Old 01-15-2012, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPFisher View Post
Sounds like it! Now I have to get out there and support this. Hope you can make it Anvil. Stay in touch for your attendance. I'm out by Devon so maybe not ideal for car/truck pool but I hope to see you there.

Cheers!

Come hell or high water I will be there indeed.

there is nothing stopping me from going... not even if Drew Barrymore, Anne Hathaway and Kate Hudson were presented to me as a Sundae would I miss this.
I would just have my sundae later on...lol

See you there!
Old 01-15-2012, 12:43 PM

Oh and for the record... if you think you can only have just ONE hamburger... you will sadly be mistaken, this is the 1st year the Rumwal gang will be charging for food, as Rumtan mentioned it is necessary to keep costs down. But at a $1.00 or two for a Burger is a great deal.. and it helps out the Rumwal group to continue to host the Derby year after year.

Rumwal puts it together, but its us folks the die hard attendee, and all those whom show up every year, it's all of the fun folks whom make it out for the derby whom keep it going.
So in away, support of the derby is appreciated as this is a not for profit gathering, that raises money for the Northern Alberta Make A Wish.

My nephew was granted a wish after his long battle with leukaemia, which he has WON!!! and it's because of events like this up coming Derby that make that possible.

His wish was to go to disney land and meet "buzz lightyear" He is 7 almost 8 has Downsyndrome and is my world.

back to the burgers.....

Just honestly bring lots of change, there is something about the Rumwal burgers that is just unspeakable... I am already planning on having 3 burgers...
LOL

I know one won't do, as you crave another, two is nice but three, if you can get that many into you it the magic ticket... LOL Or at least I think so!

I am usually stuffed full by then, makes fishing great, although I might fall asleep with a full gut.

It;'s great times indeed.

Last edited by The Anvil; 01-15-2012 at 12:49 PM.
Old 01-15-2012, 01:12 PM

Hey Anvil it was very nice meeting you yesterday how did you guys make out.

Andy
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
Old 01-15-2012, 01:26 PM

Nicely said Anvil. See u there.

P.S. A sundae on a Sunday...delicious!
Old 01-15-2012, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
Hey Anvil it was very nice meeting you yesterday how did you guys make out.

Andy
Hey Andy,

It was a pleasure to finally meet you as well, Geezle to. Would be great to get out fishing with you two sometime. Perhaps the Derby?

Should have made out way out towards you guys, BBJ mentioned you had gotten into a few more pike, he said 5 between the two of you. that was around 2pm or so.

As a group we decided to walk out, and didn't drive, kinda wish I did, that was a killer walk out and back on the Ice.

I landed three pike on the day the biggest being 28 inches.

and my 26 incher

they get way bigger in that lake that if for sure, of course C&R and they were released to become future Lunkers!

Cheers!
Old 01-15-2012, 01:32 PM

Murray , Count on Becky and I there .

Also anyone on this forum should come especially if you are in the Edmonton area . No excuses to support this cause . 40.00 is nothing in the scheme of things , especially when Make A Wish does all the good work they do for sick children .

And 3rdly Murray I would like to donate a prize package . Ive a bunch of hooks , spinners , spoons Crankbaits all made by my business , and will put it in a plastic tub or tackle box , as well as include a guided sturgeon fishing trip with shore lunch . I will call you tomorrow or something to let you know my intent .

I will post a picture of the prize as soon as I tie up 1/2 dozen walleye spinners .

Last edited by BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES; 01-15-2012 at 01:39 PM.
Old 01-15-2012, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPFisher View Post
Nicely said Anvil. See u there.

P.S. A sundae on a Sunday...delicious!
I thought it was nicely said... go figure it's sunday today...lol

Back on topic....

Of course with all my hype about the Derby, I will be of course volunteering my efforts again this year as well. I will also be fishing for the fun of it.

I myself have been thinking of some sort of extra I can put in as well Murray.
Just have to see what that is going to be.
Do you need stuff for Door Prizes?

Last edited by The Anvil; 01-15-2012 at 01:53 PM.
Old 01-15-2012, 01:54 PM

People should buy tickets in advance so they have a chance at some really cool prizes. If u buy them at the lake u will not qualify for the early bird draw.
Old 01-15-2012, 02:21 PM

man is it that time again i get to get skunked at at the derby again.. ill be there and ill pick up a couple tow ropes for a prize like i did last year .
Old 01-15-2012, 04:52 PM

Here is the prize Ill be submitting to Rumwal ,

Package contains , Deep Diving Crankbait & 5 interchangeable tails , 4 Bucktail spoons , 6 Large Bucktail Jigs , 6 Small Bucktail Jigs , 10 Wire worms , 3 Willow Leaf Walleye Spinners , 3 Colorado Leaf Walleye Spinners , 3 Indiana Blade Walleye Spinners , 3 FishHook Hat Clips and 1 Guided Sturgeon Fishing Trip Includeing Shore Lunch , Value 356.00 . ( Guided Fishing Trip Valid Alberta Sportfishing Licence is Required , and Not included )

Old 01-16-2012, 05:24 AM
Gone Fishing

Thanks everyone for all the help so far. There have been some kind words said in this thread and I really appreciate them as do all the RUMWAL gang.

BBJ we would love to use your prize that youve donated as one of the early bird prizes and if you could get a certificate together to present the winner it would be really nice.
I should let everyone know that the early bird prizes are worth more than the admission price and very worthwhile entering for, last year we had 12 earlybird prizes to award and 19 early bird entrants.....great odds if it happens again like that.

Anvil your entered in the draws with Karrie.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:30 AM

Good to hear you got our payment....

Now I am curious, not that I need anything more than a day on the ice with friends... what are some of the other prizes..

Hmmmm? Care to leak some details.. lol

Just teasing
Old 01-16-2012, 11:00 AM
Gone Fishing

All will be revealed at the night-before party at the Wabamun Hotel ! lol (thats my way of saying all the prizes are not in yet but are promised so I only want to mention ones that are in my grubby little hands) this keeps it honest !
Old 01-18-2012, 03:04 PM
Gone Fishing

We do have some early bird prizes, 1) A weekend stay for two at the Sawmill Hotel in Sherwood Park with a $50 gift certificate for the Sawmill resturaunt, 2) A night at the Shoreside Inn at Wabamun, 3) We have 2 car care packages from Integra Tire in Sherwood Park, 4) A roadside emergency package from Integra Tire Sherwood Park........stuff is still coming in so there will be quite a bit more, and I will try to post some as I get it.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:42 PM
Gone Fishing

Today I recieved 2 champagne glasses and a 1.5 litre bottle of champagne set and another prize of an Absolute Vodka mini bar. This was donated by the Liquer store at the Sawmill Inn in Sherwood Park, they been great supporters of us for the past 10 years.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:52 AM
Gone Fishing

Last night BBJ and his sister dropped over to buy their tickets and he donated 2 prizes as shown above, Thanks you BBJ for you continued support.
We will add your guided fishing trip as another early bird prize and the hand made tackle as another,,,,,there must be $100 worth of lures there !
Old 01-23-2012, 09:38 AM

Mur pm me a addy to send prizes. Sorry for letting this slip, been kinda busy with the B@G event.
Thanks
Old 01-23-2012, 10:24 AM
Gone Fishing

Thank you Chubb for your support and if anyone else would like to donate a prize please feel free to send me a pm.