Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-29-2009, 12:03 AM

Default under water camera

Hey looking for some help,saw the 7 '' aqua view for $349.00 at Bass pro and then te $150.00 fish tv, any suggestions?

THANKS
Old 03-29-2009, 07:49 PM

Keep looking...WAAAYYY better deals out there than that. If you search this forum, it's been discussed many times about camera's with lots of info on them. Personally a camera is great no matter what it is. I have the fishtv and it's awesome. One downfall is that is only has 50 ft of cable, and it would be nice to have 100, especially at spray.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:29 PM

I have the Aqua Vue and I think it's great. One hint though. Even though the battery life is good, I recomend rigging up a power line to your vehicle to run it. Sucks, running out of power. You can only charge it with the 110volt cord (in the back) The front port is just for an alternative power source (12volt) I guess you can bring an inverter with you to charge it, either way, you're using your ride.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCustom View Post
I have the Aqua Vue and I think it's great. One hint though. Even though the battery life is good, I recomend rigging up a power line to your vehicle to run it. Sucks, running out of power. You can only charge it with the 110volt cord (in the back) The front port is just for an alternative power source (12volt) I guess you can bring an inverter with you to charge it, either way, you're using your ride.
Just pick up a second battery, that's all I do and when one dies around noon then switch it out and your normally good for the day. alot easier than packing a generator out on the ice. I can get about 4-6 hours of striaght run time out of 1 battery. one other thing I do is turn it off once in a while if the fishing slows down for 15 mins and fish just like the old days I know its more fun looking at the camera even if there are no fish on it but sure saves the battery to get a couple more hours of use out of your camera. just my thoughts
Old 03-30-2009, 08:47 AM

Hmmm...with the fish TV my 7 amp battery runs all day, at least 10 hrs. So another plus for the fish TV.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:04 PM

i personaly bought just a underwater camera off e-bay,which is in color,went to the pawn shop[or u could buy new]picked up a portable dvd player with two screens,in which the second screen has video in and power in&out,7" screen to boot.cost me less than 100$ for both,plus i power it with a portable power pack,last all day and more.hate to say it but its way better than most aqua views,and ive been told this buy people with aquas
Old 03-31-2009, 09:19 AM

i have a seven inch fish tv and the cable is a hundred feet long and i have used it for a couple of days easy with out recharging it....works great