Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-02-2016, 07:01 AM

Default ColdLakers

Was wondering how the laker fishing is this year. Was planning a trip this month with the family. I got a 9 yr old who is wanting to catch his first lake trout.
Old 07-02-2016, 07:12 AM

I took my sons friend and his dad out last weekend. It was good , trollers catching 35-50ft , tons of fish up high. I prefer to anchor , more fun and everyone can fish. With no wind it was tough , started in 110 ended the day in 73ft ( did a big half circle ) but caught 21 and lost a bunch. All nice , , biggest few were 73cm. We were out for 6 hrs. White tubes with bait
Old 07-03-2016, 08:19 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Thumbs up

Just got off the lake last night, good fishing, lakers were spread out as are most of the game fish, did not find any bait balls so that was half the battle but the lake was calm. Good to see F&W out and about, had a friendly chat with them, good guys, last words was for them to go catch some bad guys!

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 08-08-2016, 06:46 AM

Thumbs up

Was out Saturday, the fish were hitting hard 11 am to 3 pm.
Caught a bunch, one legal and a lot of short fat guys.
Pink lady, willow leaf and two feet behind hot spot pink and yellow was the ticket.
Trolling 150 feet, lure at about 60 feet and as soon as we got marks we were on shortly after as they would bust up and hit, sometimes so aggressive they hit the freakin willow leaf....and not the lure!

Oh well good times for sure

Old 08-08-2016, 08:55 AM

Was out Saturday and Sunday lots to catch biggest was 72cm but all were fatties. Caught most on watermelon cut bait. Even caught 1 little 14 in guy first time one that small. Lots of fish up high in the 50 to 80 ft mark. Had quite a few false releases hitting the lure hard but no fish.

Mack
Old 08-08-2016, 07:05 PM

Was out Sat as well, busy on the lake. Went to the far side on a hidden ridge line I fish always holds fish. 50' was the ticket, 3 over 75cm lots in the 60 - 70cm none kept. Spooled up around noon went for a beach picnic with mama then we got off the lake and away from the launch before the shat show started,, wow was it busy, too much for me. Very rare I go out on a weekend I usually leave that for the out of towners. Fish were super aggressive big hits and some nice long runs down deep. Keep the gear light and enjoy the fight, it's not a horse race it's supposed to be enjoyable.
Old 08-08-2016, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remihunter View Post
Was out Sat as well, busy on the lake. Went to the far side on a hidden ridge line I fish always holds fish. 50' was the ticket, 3 over 75cm lots in the 60 - 70cm none kept. Spooled up around noon went for a beach picnic with mama then we got off the lake and away from the launch before the shat show started,, wow was it busy, too much for me. Very rare I go out on a weekend I usually leave that for the out of towners. Fish were super aggressive big hits and some nice long runs down deep. Keep the gear light and enjoy the fight, it's not a horse race it's supposed to be enjoyable.
Sat was quite busy but had no issue at ramp on or off Sunday was almost like having the lake to yourself .

Mack
Old 08-09-2016, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinaw View Post
Sat was quite busy but had no issue at ramp on or off Sunday was almost like having the lake to yourself .

Mack
It actualy went quite smooth for how busy it was. I use the provincial launch and wow was it busy out there. Both parking lots were full and trucks with trailers parked on both sides off the road from a hundred yards from the launch past both parking lots right up to the first turn off to the campsites, busiest I have seen it. Mind you like I said I dont go out on weekends very often certainly not during mid summer like this. But we were off by 2 before the evening rush I don't know what it would have been like then.

The lake is the lake it's a big place lots of room but I have a few spots mid lake that hold some nice ridges and the fish like to stack up on them pretty rare anybody is on one. Some of the spots get hit pretty hard and picked through. I'm still after the elusive 30#+ fish so in my mind she's out there lurking off of one of those deep water feeding ridges lol,, who knows.
Old 08-09-2016, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remihunter View Post
It actualy went quite smooth for how busy it was. I use the provincial launch and wow was it busy out there. Both parking lots were full and trucks with trailers parked on both sides off the road from a hundred yards from the launch past both parking lots right up to the first turn off to the campsites, busiest I have seen it. Mind you like I said I dont go out on weekends very often certainly not during mid summer like this. But we were off by 2 before the evening rush I don't know what it would have been like then.

The lake is the lake it's a big place lots of room but I have a few spots mid lake that hold some nice ridges and the fish like to stack up on them pretty rare anybody is on one. Some of the spots get hit pretty hard and picked through. I'm still after the elusive 30#+ fish so in my mind she's out there lurking off of one of those deep water feeding ridges lol,, who knows.
I'm sure there is still a few big girls out there lurking on the edge of deep water.
Do most of my serious fishing early and late in the season. This was just a last minute run before doing an Ontario trip.

Mack
Old 08-09-2016, 08:20 PM

Wink

Yup she is out there boys...waiting.