Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 05-06-2015, 12:11 PM
Banned

Default Trapping Inc.

Just watched the last episode of Trapping Inc. Would like to say that I really enjoyed watching the first season. Thought they had a great format, esp. when they brought in special guests, or went to different traplines to do the show. Also liked the info. and tips that were given on the show.
Congrats on a great 1st season, and hope to see you again in season 2.
Old 05-06-2015, 12:21 PM

Wasn't really impressed at all with the show. More commercials advertising Belisle & Argo that actual show time. I find it hard to watch a show of someone portraying to be an expert who is only trapping for his first season (like myself). I personally spend most of my time asking questions and listening to others versus expending advice. Would rather have watched a show with someone like Gordy or AJ hosting it. Now that would be very instructional and full of great advice! IMO anyway....
Old 05-06-2015, 12:50 PM

Default Trapping Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by uke hunter View Post
Wasn't really impressed at all with the show. More commercials advertising Belisle & Argo that actual show time. I find it hard to watch a show of someone portraying to be an expert who is only trapping for his first season (like myself). I personally spend most of my time asking questions and listening to others versus expending advice. Would rather have watched a show with someone like Gordy or AJ hosting it. Now that would be very instructional and full of great advice! IMO anyway....
Can see your point of view,but do you know how much it costs to run one of these episode's,without sponsorship there wouldn't be a show at all,and yes Gordy and AJ have a vast knowledge between them,but I think Rich is doing a great job IMO,don't see any other trapping shows out there

Last edited by PCP_ECOM; 05-06-2015 at 12:51 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-06-2015, 01:28 PM

"Trapline" with Bill Abercrombie airing this fall I believe!
Old 05-06-2015, 02:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by uke hunter View Post
"Trapline" with Bill Abercrombie airing this fall I believe!
I'm pretty sure that it is a documentary as opposed to a tv series. I remember reading something that there was a reception somewhere for the premier of the documentary. I could be wrong but that is my understanding.

Whatever happened with that other trapping show by the guy from the Yukon(?) who started out posting youtube videos.....Great North or something like that?
Old 05-06-2015, 04:21 PM

I enjoyed it and I thought for being a newer trapper he was well informed, seemed to know what he was doing and when he didnt he wasnt scared to say it. I look forward to season 2.
Old 05-06-2015, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
I'm pretty sure that it is a documentary as opposed to a tv series. I remember reading something that there was a reception somewhere for the premier of the documentary. I could be wrong but that is my understanding.

Whatever happened with that other trapping show by the guy from the Yukon(?) who started out posting youtube videos.....Great North or something like that?
The wild North.... Nwt. Has a show coming as well. Fur harvesters I believe.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
The wild North.... Nwt. Has a show coming as well. Fur harvesters I believe.
Yup, that's it. Wasn't it already on TV?
Old 05-06-2015, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
Yup, that's it. Wasn't it already on TV?
Not sure... But to watch his show and Richards would be awesome!!! If anyone knows if fur harvesters is already airing, let me know please.
Old 05-06-2015, 08:08 PM
Banned

The show some of you guys are talking about is Fur Harvesters NWT. I've watched as many videos of Andrew Stanley and his dog "Charlie Dog" as I can find. He has a lot on You tube but he keeps changing the name of his show and I haven't seen many this year.
Really like his show and it is very "real", including the language. Only ting I could find new from his this year was a very weird movie he did for some film festival. Personally I thought it was kind of sick.
Old 05-06-2015, 08:49 PM

I think Rich is doing a great job with the show. I feel like we kinda get to see them grow with the line and the industry. The guests are great and I'm sure we'll see more of Gordy and AJ in the future. A strictly instructional show would lose its appeal fairly quickly in my opinion.
I'm looking forward to next years line up and hope the show lasts
Old 05-06-2015, 10:33 PM
Banned

Rich has had Ryan on the show who IMO is an expert coyote trapper/3 minute skinner. I didn't see it but I'm thinking that a fella would get a lot out of watching that episode......plus the entertainment value.
Old 05-06-2015, 10:53 PM

I am not a trapper, but I actually enjoyed the few episodes that I watched. I can't stand the other show that Rich is on, but I will likely watch a few more episodes of this series.

Uke Hunter-Having met you, and knowing your reputation at work, I find it hard to believe that you would spend more time listening to others than talking.
Old 05-07-2015, 08:16 AM

I know more about what I do at work then trapping! Give me time!
Old 05-07-2015, 11:11 AM
Banned

I think that it is best to get by advertising, etc and focus on the big picture. Any show that portrays Trappers in a positive light helps to dispel the myths and stereotypes about trapping, and is good for our lifestyle. These shows also attract new Trappers to trapping which is another good thing. Attitudes about trapping seem to be changing towards embracing the lifestyle as opposed to protesting against it and these shows help to move things in that direction. I will embrace any production, regardless of what I may personally think of the entertainment value of it is, simply for those reasons.
Old 05-07-2015, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Not sure... But to watch his show and Richards would be awesome!!! If anyone knows if fur harvesters is already airing, let me know please.
yes it was on wild tv for quite awhile, early fall, havent seen it for awhile now on there but it was good to, something better than turkey hunting.
Old 05-07-2015, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingrat View Post
yes it was on wild tv for quite awhile, early fall, havent seen it for awhile now on there but it was good to, something better than turkey hunting.
Thx, I'll have to wait for next season I guess...
Old 05-20-2015, 07:16 PM

Talking moose yes fur harvesters is still on. In fact its wildtv's top rated show next to uncharted as far as i know. Their producers do our show and they just wrapped up production on fur harvesters season 2. Should hit tv pretty quick. Wild north was andrews youtube channel, but that has nothing to do with fur harvesters
Old 05-20-2015, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildside2014 View Post
Talking moose yes fur harvesters is still on. In fact its wildtv's top rated show next to uncharted as far as i know. Their producers do our show and they just wrapped up production on fur harvesters season 2. Should hit tv pretty quick. Wild north was andrews youtube channel, but that has nothing to do with fur harvesters
A little off topic here wildside but from what I heard "uncharted" had been a flop so far compared to the Shockeys other shows. Maybe it's doing well in Canada but not the US ? You would likely have the inside info on the deal.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:12 PM

Default Trapping Inc

IMO that show gives people the wrong impression. They just bought a line and he now has a $40,000 Argo ,a tandem trailer to pull behind it, a toy hauler to haul it all to his staging area, and all trapping supplies. Some people will think there is a fotune to be made trapping.I'll admit I like the show though.
Old 05-22-2015, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron maloney View Post
IMO that show gives people the wrong impression. They just bought a line and he now has a $40,000 Argo ,a tandem trailer to pull behind it, a toy hauler to haul it all to his staging area, and all trapping supplies. Some people will think there is a fotune to be made trapping.I'll admit I like the show though.
That's awesome ^^^

Because we was all poor before our daddy's and grand pappys passed on the lines to us.

If you think people are stupid enough to believe trapping is paying for all that equipment up front you mustn't have much faith in humanity
Old 05-22-2015, 04:10 PM

Ask the anti trapping community.
Old 05-22-2015, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkdiesel View Post
That's awesome ^^^

Because we was all poor before our daddy's and grand pappys passed on the lines to us.

If you think people are stupid enough to believe trapping is paying for all that equipment up front you mustn't have much faith in humanity
Not for all people, but I guarantee it is for some....

Spruce
Old 05-22-2015, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron maloney View Post
Ask the anti trapping community.
Ask them what ? If they think trapping pays for new equipment?

Last I checked antis didn't want us killing anything regardless of profit margin
Old 05-23-2015, 10:13 AM

Not to cause a stir here. But... People are stupid. Recently a land owner sold some land for 1.3mil give or take. And a fellow I work with says oh that guy just cashed in pocketing 1.3 I looked at him and said no way he got 1.3 so we preceded to debate. I replied if he had an existing mortgage did he pocket 1.3. No he didn't.
But people only see the flashy numbers not the whole portfolio. They see the new truck but that a guy will be paying for for 20years with min payment and the fancy house mortgaged over 30years cause he got in before the rules changed. Peoples perceptions make them idiots.
A landowner I trapped on asked what I got for coyotes at the market so I told him. His son was hinting to me later that I owe them for their trapping permition. They figured cause I caught 8 on their land that that must be 800$ clear in my pocket. So due to the perception of dumb people I refuse trap on their property. They are having some coon problems so I told the son that he should go ahead and catch the fur then he can pocket all the riches of trapping fur. Please don't get me wrong I am not ungrateful. I am very helpful to landowners and neighbors. That just kinda hit a nerv like this perception debate.

Now Back to the point I don't think that it is wrong that they show a new argo on their show. They have done well in business and are following their passion for the outdoors and film. Plus with sponsors and other side business if they can have an new agro good for them.
People that know me know I am the farthest thing from envious and flashy.

Peoples perceptions are like their opinions sometimes with debate they can change but for the most part they fall back to their envious thinking and snide remarks.
Old 05-23-2015, 12:58 PM
Banned

The show is for making a dollar through entertainment, not trapping. It shows trapping as a sport and recreation which I doubt many would argue with.

When I trapped the most in the late 70's and through the 80's it was work not fun, but a great way to subsidize making a living.