Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-26-2009, 09:48 AM

Default Spray Lake Sat March 28

As I see it we are set for Sat morn. I can bring my Blazer. But if you want your shack Walleyedeitz you will need your truck. Just so you know we cant drive on Spray so you will be draging it on. I belive Fishbrian is going to come to my place in the morn ??
Old 03-26-2009, 04:24 PM

Me and a buddy are tentative, may be able to come although not 100% sure yet.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jts1 View Post
As I see it we are set for Sat morn. I can bring my Blazer. But if you want your shack Walleyedeitz you will need your truck. Just so you know we cant drive on Spray so you will be draging it on. I belive Fishbrian is going to come to my place in the morn ??
I will be meeting you at your place, shoot me a PM with your address. and a time to meet

I still lose bait that way.

UPS will fondle your animals!!
Old 03-26-2009, 08:25 PM

Im in as well. Chris, you better make it, we need a good guide......
By the way, does it help alot to have the camera at this lake? I have been trying to decide if I should buy one.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:26 PM

oh yeah, jts1, could you hook me up with a couple of small buzz bombs and enough bait for us if you make it to Bass pro tomorrow? Not sure I will have time to make it to a fishing store. i will pay ya back when we hook up.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:16 PM

I didn't see any buzz bombs at bass pro actually, maybe I missed them? You need small smelts, the smallest you can find. Don't go to fishin hole, they have none...will have to go to crappy tire. In the event I can't go, either you guys have GPS?
Old 03-26-2009, 09:32 PM

Maybe we should post pics on Sunday. Sure I'll out fish you all on saturday at spray lol
Old 03-26-2009, 10:04 PM

My Garmin in the Blazer does Lats & Longs as a handheld. Anything we need just post. I have all day Fri to run around , I will get whatever we need and and work out later. Have we set a time for departure yet ?
Old 03-26-2009, 10:38 PM

Im good to leave whenever, it would be good to be drilling our holes half hour before sun rise by the sounds of it...not sure what time that means we have to leave. If you do hit a store, could you please grab me 3 or 4 buzz bombs or whatever the hook of choice at this lake is and any bait we may need (small smelts). That would be greatly apprciated though no worries if you cant, I can find a way to get to the store.

If its just the three of us, can you fit all 3 peoples gear and your two huts in your blazer? If so Ill jump in with you, if not, perhaps you guys could drive to my house and I can drive from there.

I have a Garmin Map 76 as well.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:40 PM

One more thing Stang, do you jig the buzz bombs or just let them sit off bottom? your help is greatly appreciated.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:11 PM

Default Small smelts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicemustang View Post
I didn't see any buzz bombs at bass pro actually, maybe I missed them? You need small smelts, the smallest you can find. Don't go to fishin hole, they have none...will have to go to crappy tire. In the event I can't go, either you guys have GPS?
I buy smelts at T&T market(Oriental market); last big bag I bought there had a good mix of sizes, including a bunch of minnow-sized smelts.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:26 AM

You bet Walleye I will get all that we need. Cant wait to check out the Bass Shop. If they dont have what we need I will go to CT or Wholesale Sports. 3or 4 Bombs , Hooks , Bait. Anything els ? If we want to be there that early we are going to have to leave here @ like 5/530.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:29 AM

If I am correct the bite is over around noon. We could kill the rest of the day on Barrier or maby even Ghost "even if there aint ever any fish cought there". Hell we could just stop in Canmore for a meal and a drink after and tell lies bout our BIGGEST fish.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:14 AM

camera is awesome at the Spray....clear water helps to see fare I had a lot of fun watching fish on my camera

hey guys, are you going to be at Driftwoods?
Old 03-27-2009, 09:44 AM

Holy what a crazy night, sorry I didnt call JTS1.
ok I got your address and such, will be at your place in the morning...time?
anything I need toget?

Old 03-27-2009, 10:33 AM

Shopping list: You need smelts only, no minnows. I found some last night at CT that were good size. I usually only use the heads and tear (not cut) the tail off.

White buzz bombs, 2" or 2.5" - some at CT as well but Fishin hole or wholesale has a better selection.

Camera: I like to use a camera, that lake is super clear and you can see forever. I only have 50 feet of cable though, so not often that I use it at spray. Wouldn't say you need one either, but it's helped me be a better fisherman. I got a fishtv for xmas (5") but would love to have more cable.

I'll send GPS coordinates to jts1 on the spot to fish. Normally it's 65 FOW but they are draining it out for spring runoff and is about 51 FOW right now. It's where I fished last time and my 50 feet cable was perfect for viewing. You want to jig your buzz bottom pretty agressively right on the bottom and if you don't have bites reel up a couple feet and repeat jigging. Do this at least half way up to the top and if nothing drop it back down and repeat. On second time and nothing, move holes! I usually drill a bunch of holes and move around.

We might be coming up sat morning, but will send the info to jts1 just in case we don't see you. I say that because we might be in a more secret spot that takes a long hike to get to.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:48 AM

I got 2 WHT Buzz Bomb's & 2 Glow Buzz Bombs 2.5". I got 2 40Gram Macdeep hooks as well. Smelts are taken care of got 2 bags. Anything els you guys need ? Is 530 depart from my house to early ? I can swing by and grab you Walleye on our way if need be.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:23 AM

That sounds great JTS, did i just miss your call?
Let me know what I owe you

Call again

Old 03-27-2009, 11:39 AM

All good we will sort it out after And yes you did
Old 03-27-2009, 11:46 AM

I will be sure to bring some WT pepperoni, coffee. any other munchies?

Old 03-27-2009, 11:50 AM

UMMM ya man you forgot the most important thing......... BEER
Old 03-27-2009, 11:56 AM

but ofcourse, I didnt think I needed to put that. lol

Old 03-27-2009, 01:27 PM

OK, just got back from frigging WSS, talked to a frigging awesome guy there, who frigging set me up and got me some frigging good lures to frigging fish with. LMAO
THe guy was great and didnt break the bank. thanks frigging guy

Old 03-27-2009, 01:35 PM

Sweet deasl boyz, cathc ya in the morning. Ill be sitting outside at 5:45am in my lawn chair practicing jigging.

Stang, thanks again for the great tips, it is greatly appreciated.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalleyeDeitz View Post
Sweet deasl boyz, cathc ya in the morning. Ill be sitting outside at 5:45am in my lawn chair practicing jigging.

Stang, thanks again for the great tips, it is greatly appreciated.
X2 thanks alot You the man. Will buy the first and last round sometime.Will be looking for some GPS numbers tonight again thank you
Old 03-27-2009, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jts1 View Post
X2 thanks alot You the man. Will buy the first and last round sometime.Will be looking for some GPS numbers tonight again thank you
I have to third that, since I am the newguy here, I am glad to meet all these awesome people!!
speaking of people where has brianscott been? I thought for sure he would be in on this like stink

Old 03-27-2009, 03:41 PM

Maybe we'll see you there or we can meet up at Grizzly Paw in Canmore at 1:00 for a pint? We are going up for sure (confirmed) but haven't decided on the spot. Maybe we'll just join you guys for a good day of visiting and fishing....but my buddy wants to go on the big hike...depends on the weather i guess. jts1, will still send you the GPS coordinates...unless I do, people never walk far enough.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:00 PM

jts1, give me a shout when you get this message. Things are not good on the home front. The wife came down with a brutal flue bug this morning and the baby is getting a bad caugh....I knew this day would come when the baby starts interfering with my fishing.....guess I just wasnt ready for it. There is a very good chance that I will have to bale on you guys in the morning I will wake the wife up at 5:30 and see how she is feeling but at this time, its appears I would be quite the jerk for leaving her at home tomorrow with a sick little girl......

Give me a shout to discuss. If I cannot make it, I will leave my auger and a jerry can of gas out for you guys.

My extreme apologies, I was really excited about hitting spray...
Old 03-28-2009, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalleyeDeitz View Post
jts1, give me a shout when you get this message. Things are not good on the home front. The wife came down with a brutal flue bug this morning and the baby is getting a bad caugh....I knew this day would come when the baby starts interfering with my fishing.....guess I just wasnt ready for it. There is a very good chance that I will have to bale on you guys in the morning I will wake the wife up at 5:30 and see how she is feeling but at this time, its appears I would be quite the jerk for leaving her at home tomorrow with a sick little girl......

Give me a shout to discuss. If I cannot make it, I will leave my auger and a jerry can of gas out for you guys.

My extreme apologies, I was really excited about hitting spray...

I hope that it is not serious and they fell better soon. Its 508am and the wonderful company called SHAW still dont work. I wouls kinda feel strange takeing your auger without you. But Fishbrian is prob on his way here. I could use my hand auger if need
Old 03-29-2009, 02:05 AM

Darn some last minute thing came up and i couldnt head out yesterday, was gonna head up today but this snow storm doesnt help. How did you guys do?