Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 10-19-2011, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dago View Post
I have a 16ft Lynx Tuchodi Special by Outlaw Marine. With 1/2" of aluminum and 1&1/2" of tefflon on the bottom it's the thickest bottom on the market.At 1800lbs. dry the 175 merc. cruises between 35&40 mph. Top speed 43mph. A stomp grate is a must in a jetboat that runs skinny water.I drive the crap out of this boat and it has'ent let me down.
Nice, those are nice boats. Mine is 18' long, bottom is .19 aluminum, not sure how thick my teflon is, dry weight is also 1800 lbs, 160 hp jmax yamaha.

My top speed so far is 39 mph, but I have been talking to a guy in the states with the exact same boat who used to max out at 35-37 when stock. He put in a different impeller (more get up and go, less top speed) but then put in an air stack kit, and now he does 44 mph upstream, 47 mph downstream. Not sure if I need to go faster than 39 mph, but if I can do it, I'm all for having the ability. The quicker response on the hole shot and getting up on plane right away with a heavier load would be a nice plus.

Did you do any mods to your boat?
Old 10-19-2011, 08:12 PM

I made a thread to put the viceos I have taken from my boat on the South Saskatchewan River.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=108364