Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-15-2009, 02:18 PM

Default Game Cart

I'm looking at purchasing a game cart and was wondering if there are any recommendations as to brand etc. Would like one with a larger weight capacity for use with moose and elk. Thanks.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:48 PM

I've had the Pak-Kart for many years - hauled everything from antelope to 1/2 moose to firewood and duck decoys on it. Strong, and the low centre of gravity makes it pretty stable over rough ground.
Note that although it folds in half, the wheels don't fold up, so unless you remove the wheels with a wrench, it takes up a fair amount of space.

$202.00 & greyhound bus shipping about 10 years ago. Don't know what they cost now.

Canadian made

http://www.sasquatchfabrications.com...field_pics.htm
Old 09-15-2009, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
Hey Thumper, that website link took me to a malicous virus software site. (Started as a pop up I tried to close) They might have been hacked or something.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:45 PM

Default Carts

I noticed Cabelas just between Spokane and Coeur D'Alene had a few differents models (bit of a drive of course). haven't checked online for the one in Winnipeg. The guy I hunt with has an aluminum-framed one, strong and light. Only complaint is for a bit bigger wheels. Cheers, HSK
Old 09-15-2009, 10:08 PM

I was looking into the Pak-Kart a few weeks ago. Ken quoted me $235.40, tax in. He figured shipping (via Greyhound) would be about $35.00.

Sure looks like one of the best ones out there. Pricewise, it's comparable to ordering the Magnum cart from Cabela's (I got quite the shock when I saw the shipping charges and surcharges when I tried to order one from Cabela's/S.I.R.)

I ended up getting the one from Wholesale instead during their sale. It appears to be pretty sturdy, but boy, is it heavy! Oh well, not planning on backpacking it waaaaay into the bush anyhow.

Stinky
Old 09-15-2009, 10:13 PM

After spending hours researching which cart to buy I ended up getting the Pak-Kart from Sasquatch Fabrications. I just received it yesterday and it seems like a great cart. The main complaint I saw when I was reading all the reviews off of Cabela's and Big Bass for other carts was that when they were using it sh** was always getting stuck in the wheels and axle. With the Pak-Kart there is no axle and the frame is built outside the wheels to help deflect bush etc. I wish I can tell you more but it won't be until November that I will get to actually try it in the field. The price was $220 + $47 shipping (Greyhound). This guy from Keromeos BC builds them. It definitely is pricier but hopefully I won't have those complaints above.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:16 PM

Sorry about the nasty link for the Pack Kart
- this one seems to work better:

http://www.sasquatchfabrications.com/

Here's one being put to use:

Last edited by thumper; 09-15-2009 at 10:21 PM. Reason: add photo
Old 09-21-2009, 12:00 PM

I made my own.

Old 09-21-2009, 12:27 PM

The pak-cart looks like a good design. Would be nice to see one in an aluminum frame!!
"I find it amazing that we, as a society, find it so easy to view the perpetrators of crime with an understanding and knowing that they are suffering from the frailties of being a human being yet we cannot seem to extend that same courtesy to the very people we ask to face, on a daily basis, the worst that mankind has to offer."
-Dave (Whiskey Wish)-
Old 09-21-2009, 03:14 PM

I'm the frigging game cart when I hunt with my old man(lol)
Old 09-21-2009, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoKilo View Post
The pak-cart looks like a good design. Would be nice to see one in an aluminum frame!!
The Pak-Kart is about 20 lbs, which is not too bad considering how tough it is.

I was over at Accurate Archery last week, they had an aluminum one there for sale. I think it was arount $150. Can't remember the make, though...

Stinky
Old 09-21-2009, 03:56 PM

Used the one from wholesale last year ... it worked but the wheels were a little wobbly by the end of the 2.5 km. Considering we had a full moose on it, it did the job well