Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-20-2009, 05:11 PM

Default My first archery trip with Wilderness memories

Sorry for such the late report on my bow hunt up north.

Was delighted to hunt with John from the sept 7-13 to try and arrow my first bull elk with my bow. It was a long way up from the city but it is a beautiful scenery up there. We stayed in his comfy and warm hunting cabin and slept comfortably and warm. Let me first state that we didnt come home with anything but we did see lots of game. My 3rd morning in John and I located a small herd of elk and had the bull come into 80 yards. A touch to far with the bow but it was sure fun to see him reply to our calls. In total of my hunt i saw 6-7 different bulls but we couldnt get them to come into shooting. I saw bear. deer, moose as well. The best encounter i had is when we found some more elk and decided to blind hunt that night and i had 4 cows come into 25 yards with bull staying put at 100 yards. I passed on the cows because i've harvested them in the past and im really wanting to harvest a bull. All in all a great trip, lots of laughs and a great stay with wilderness memories. The highlights and laughs at the cabin are the memories you keep forever.

Thanks john we will see you again real soon. We had fun

Still looking for my first bull.

SteveY
Old 09-22-2009, 09:37 AM

Default Wilderness Memories

I as well went along on this trip and all I can say I will definetly head back there one day for rifle season, seen tonnes of game but was unfourtante to harvest anything with my bow.Hospitality was great and JOHN is a super nice guy with lots of experience...I would definetly recommend to anyone to head up there with JOHNNY for a wild and memorable hunt. Happy Hunting!
Old 09-22-2009, 09:43 AM

Nice to hear.