Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-04-2008, 03:40 PM

Default Beaver Lake

For those who fish Beaver Lake just South of Caroline. Went out today to have a look and the ice is just starting to break up. The near shore is free of ice and there was one guy out in a belly boat and three more gearing up while I was there.

The guy in the belly boat said he had no luck and did not see anything on his fish finder.

I think I'll be out next weekend with the pontoon and have a go while the fish still firm, maybe there will be a little more room to move.

I've attached a few pics to give a better view.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN5628.jpg (75.5 KB, 179 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN5631.jpg (74.0 KB, 160 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN5632.jpg (70.3 KB, 151 views)
Old 05-04-2008, 04:50 PM
Gone Hunting

I know a couple guys who were ice fishing there last weekend and they said on Sat. the ice was pretty rotten and they didn't want to chance it Sun. The ice fishing was pretty good for the time it was open.
Old 05-04-2008, 10:27 PM

Fished it Friday and Sunday. Total fish seen caught 2 - guess the ice fishermen cleaned it out.

Don
Old 05-04-2008, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Andersen View Post
Fished it Friday and Sunday. Total fish seen caught 2 - guess the ice fishermen cleaned it out.

Don

Or you had a bad day. Common Don you're better than that. Don't be so ignorant

Last edited by lilsundance; 05-05-2008 at 04:45 PM. Reason: profanity
Old 05-05-2008, 05:12 AM

Tako,

How about we try the 15 other fishermen + me got 1 in total. A loon got the other. Guess the ice fishermen didn't clean it out but left 2. Even the ospreys few over and disappeared in disgust.

Don

Last edited by Don Andersen; 05-05-2008 at 06:27 AM.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:10 AM
Shrubs

Was there last night, caught one about 17-18 inch male right by the launch and than a 13 and 20+ inch off the point. Blood worms under indicator seemed to do the trick.
Old 05-05-2008, 04:55 PM

Don, I get where you're coming from but there is no need to be so ignorant. I could say the same thing about Dragon every spring. 25 boats in a bay and one guy catches two fish all day long. Happens every year. Open up your eyes.

Quote:
Tako,

How about we try the 15 other fishermen + me got 1 in total. A loon got the other. Guess the ice fishermen didn't clean it out but left 2. Even the ospreys few over and disappeared in disgust.

Don
Old 05-06-2008, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Tako,

Don

Is this typical for this lake... that is usually fished out by spring of each year?
Is it worth checking out in May or are all the fish available the freshly stocked fish?

Mark