Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-27-2013, 08:44 PM

Default Tucker Lake

Anybody fish Tucker Lake, west of Cold Lake ?? Any action there......?

Thanks.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:04 AM

Small Pike. Tons of snow.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:36 AM

Sorry, I was thinking more of this summer. Have a buddy who was there many moons ago and he's looking for a quiet place to go. Still perch there ?

Thanks.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:57 AM

Used to be alot fun on that lake. We didn't target perch, so I can help you there. Lots and lots of small pike though. Great lake to bring kids.

Been a few years since I've been though, so things may have changed...
Old 03-29-2013, 07:47 AM

I've never fished it in the summer.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushmaster View Post
Anybody fish Tucker Lake, west of Cold Lake ?? Any action there......?

Thanks.
If your talking about Tucker Lake that is East of the La Corey intersection then 25 years ago there were walleye in Tucker.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:38 PM

Its good small pike action now, you won't get bored. Seems like once word got out how good the fishing was all the keepers got hauled out. Just don't go catch 100 pike and pick each one up by the eyes then drop it in the bottom of the boat and watch it thrash for five minutes. I see a lot of that out there. Come spring thats where everyone in bonnyville likes to go quading and to have bush parties. They also like to camp right where the boat parking is when there are several other places to park around the lake. Perch are extremely hard to come by but if you find them you will likely catch only one or two that are extremely fat and may be worthy of a wall mount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad66 View Post
If your talking about Tucker Lake that is East of the La Corey intersection then 25 years ago there were walleye in Tucker.
My family commercial fished, trapped, fished and picked berries around tucker since the forties but haven't done much in the last 20 years as those who did are dying or too old. I have never heard mention of a walleye in there, but i could have swore i had one on my line once. I guess it makes sense they could get lost and swim down the creek from Borque. My uncle swears the biggest whites he has seen in his life were in Tucker back in the forties but they fished them out. He claims they were 15 pounders. It wouldn't surprise me that they could get that big with the amount of feed in there. The pike will often have nothing but shrimp in their stomachs. I think it would do the lake wonders to have whites in it again. Its is my understanding that a lake with open water species like white fish produce much larger pike.

This is the SRD's netting record going back as far as 76. These are the species caught.

BROOK STICKLEBACK
BURBOT
FATHEAD MINNOW
IOWA DARTER
LAKE CHUB
NINESPINE STICKLEBACK
NORTHERN PIKE
WHITE SUCKER
YELLOW PERCH
Old 03-29-2013, 08:41 PM

If you want a really quiet place with good pike action but not crazy size like tucker, have a good 4X4 and a boat you don't mind dragging down a few hundred meters of bad trail pm me.