Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-12-2009, 06:58 PM

Default Edson/Robb area fishing

Hello all. My friend and I are heading out to the Robb/Edson area to do some fishing this week we have both fly and spin setups. We haven't been to this area so any advice on good campsites or fishing spots would be great. Looking at pembina, mcleod rivers. Maybe fickle and/or fairfax lake. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated
Old 07-12-2009, 07:20 PM

Default stick to the lakes

The rivers are all blown out in the area. Probably need more then week of dry weather to recover. I think the lakes will definitely be your best bet.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:58 PM

Are these roads in these areas accesible by cars, how are some of the oil/lumber roads in the area??
Old 07-12-2009, 08:19 PM

Thumbs up

Try Fairfax the fishin is always good there.
Happy Fishin
Old 07-12-2009, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark24499 View Post
Are these roads in these areas accesible by cars, how are some of the oil/lumber roads in the area??
The road in between robb and nordegg is one rough mother after the rain, i wouldn't drive my car down it, but that just might be me.

Fairfax lake is a overstocked lake with lots of small fish that are very easy to catcj, you do catch the odd bigger one, fish the north end of the lake were it flows out and the brookies are usually there........i wouldn't travel that far to fish this lake though........lots of better place to be.....but that is just my advice
Old 07-13-2009, 10:18 AM

just got back from cadomin/hinton. didn't do any fishing, but went on a long hike. rivers are really high. it rained for 10 days straight. for lakes i have always like mary greg lake between hinton and cadomin. its a fair hike in (km or 2), and kinda hard to fish from shore, but the trout can get big and they are awesome eating. used to haul float tubes in there.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:32 PM

silkstone.shhh! watch for bears
Old 07-14-2009, 08:12 PM

Default Fairfax

I camped at Fairfax two weekends ago and had a blast. We caught all weekend. (a few hogs too!!) We also went to millers lake for an evening and caught alot too. We found the fish out of millers to be muddy tasting but the Fairfax fish were awesome!! Have fun camping