Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 09-07-2014, 08:03 PM

Default Shout out to Wolverine Guns and tackle

This weekend i ended up buying a new shot gun from wolverine guns and tackle from Red Deer at the Sherwood Park hunting show. It was a beretta outlander and they told me it was capable of shooting 3 1/2 shells which i would have thought most semis made today would be able too. After trying it out the day after i bought it, i looked over the gun and realized it was only capable of shooting 3" shells. I called them and spoke to Jamie who was working at the show and he told me to bring the gun back and they would take it back and set me up with what i wanted. I was expecting that they would say it was a used gun and there was nothing they could do for me because it has been shot. They took back the Outlander and i ended up with a remington versa max sportsman. After agreeing to pay the difference in price for the versa max they didn't charge me the difference in price and ended up giving me and my girlfriend a couple hats as well. I would just like to let you know how great they were in taking back a gun that had been shot for their mistake in telling me it was capable of 3 1/2 shells and their customer service was outstanding. I was extremely happy with how they dealt with the problem and how great their customer service was. Thanks again to the guys at Wolverine!!!
Old 09-07-2014, 08:49 PM
Banned

Thanks for the heads up...always good to know about companies that believe in outstanding customer service.
Old 09-07-2014, 10:05 PM

Good on 'em. Goes to show there's still a few people out the with integrity.

Colin
Old 09-08-2014, 09:52 AM

I think it was well handled but as a full time seller of the product they should know whether a gun can use 3 1/2" or not. Since it was their mistake to begin with, I think their initial response of taking the gun back, even after being fired, no questions asked was the appropriate call. Not charging you the extra for the Versa Max, puts the service over the top. Good to hear there are still a few great places to deal.
Old 09-09-2014, 11:22 AM

Default .....not all experiances with Wolverine good

Ask around.Empty promises when there's an audience around and guns taking over a year to arrive with multiple excuses in between.
Old 09-10-2014, 12:38 PM

Yeah, that's a one in a million with Wolverine...
Old 09-10-2014, 12:39 PM

Walked out of there many a time with cash still in hand...
Old 09-10-2014, 12:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwpowell View Post
Walked out of there many a time with cash still in hand...
good for you ..and take your business to Edm or Clgy, so we loose a business...you chronic complainers should sometimes be quiet or deal with it ..Retail is tuff and Wolverine in RD is great ..learn to appreciate it and stop your damn whinnin like babies
Old 09-10-2014, 04:27 PM

Quote,

"was capable of shooting 3 1/2 shells which i would have thought most semis made today would be able too. "

That would be a very poor assumption to make!

Never take a sales person's word for anything. As a consumer, you should educate yourself before going out to make a purchase so that you don't run into this problem.
If you were buying a new truck and wanted a diesel engine, I expect that you would educate yourself on how to tell the difference between a diesel and gas engine first!

Frankly I think you're extremely lucky that they took it back!

Last edited by bobinthesky; 09-10-2014 at 04:33 PM.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kauna View Post
good for you ..and take your business to Edm or Clgy, so we loose a business...you chronic complainers should sometimes be quiet or deal with it ..Retail is tuff and Wolverine in RD is great ..learn to appreciate it and stop your damn whinnin like babies
Actually I just take my business to Sportsmens Den for some stuff and the internet for others. Worked retail for years and it is not that TOUGH all you have to do is provide good service, keep your word and fair prices and you should be all right. Lie, break promises and rip people off and people will talk and you will find your self out of business through no ones fault but your own. As for "deal with it"when people rip me off, the way I would do it is illegal so I will just advise people that I do not recommend the place instead. My 2 cents. cheers
Old 09-11-2014, 08:58 PM

That young kid with the mullet amazes me with his knowledge! I have always had great service at wolverine, they get lots of my business. Same with Caroline supplies. Don't think I have ever had a bad experience either place.
Old 09-12-2014, 12:34 AM

Glad it got worked out for you!
Sounds like Jamie might finally be learning how to deal with people!
Knew him from before he had opened up Back country sports and didn't see a whole lot changed from moving to the wolverine name.
Had a few differences of how things should be dealt with back then and just have not been bothered to give it another try. Between the bs handling of people, the lengthy waits with poor excuses and selling used guns as new, just never left a good taste in my mouth.
I am usually easily pleased, do what you say and all is peachy.
Lie to me, tell me refunds are impossible, and call me a moron for actually believing the date you told me, and then sell the gun I was waiting for to someone else for more and before calling me to tell me it's in, when I have already paid for it, yeah that just peeved me off for the last time.