Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you believe in Sasquatch and it is in our province?>
No, not a chance! 326 32.34%
Yes, I believe! 249 24.70%
Possibly, but I need to see the proof. 351 34.82%
Who is this AlbertaSasquatch guy and what is he thinking? 82 8.13%
Voters: 1008. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-03-2009, 12:09 PM

not convincing enough for me personally. All those things could be faked . I hear what you are saying though . I'll keep my eyes open when deep in the bush by Nordegg .Somebody else said they hadn't seen a cougar after years of hunting the forest. I haven't either but I know they are out there. Thought I saw my first one last year but it turned out to be two small bucks , heads down scrapping away
Old 09-03-2009, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Jimmer View Post
Echo...echo...echooooooooo
How far does an echo carry in the bush??

I still lose bait that way.

UPS will fondle your animals!!
Old 09-03-2009, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlin1 View Post
not convincing enough for me personally.
That is understandable.

I think if someone does shoot one accidentely or however its going to happen in the future

Then load it up and drive into town, people are still going to walk away shaking their heads and say;

"I don't believe it"

For a long, long time to come!

But eventually it will be accepted and more understood as "Rare". (to those who are not already)
It just takes time, time, and more time.

Last edited by Glassy Eyed Stare; 09-03-2009 at 12:42 PM.
Old 09-03-2009, 01:37 PM

Instead of a grizzly season being opened give them a Sasquatch tag. Everyone would have fun getting out in the bush and nothing will ever be shot. Pretty sure they don't exist but go ahead and prove me wrong.

WOODY
CSSA NFAMember
Old 09-03-2009, 02:31 PM

Personally I hope the existence of the sasquatch is neither proven nor disproven. Some things should remain a mystery IMO.
As someone else said the reality is rarely as exciting as the myth.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassy Eyed Stare View Post
That is understandable.

I think if someone does shoot one accidentely or however its going to happen in the future

Then load it up and drive into town, people are still going to walk away shaking their heads and say;

"I don't believe it"

For a long, long time to come!

But eventually it will be accepted and more understood as "Rare". (to those who are not already)
It just takes time, time, and more time.

Perhaps when they take it to town they should stop in at the local F&W office or the university Zoology dept., instead of having the "body" placed in a roadside "Sasquatch museum" and souvenier stand for tourists.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:50 PM

hes alive....and he bowhunts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vh2j3...e=channel_page
Old 09-03-2009, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaSasquatch View Post
For comparison notes here are some pics.

This first picture is the other photo of the Jacob's creature that wasn't shown above

The second picture is a comparison of that first picture to that of a mangy bear.

Eye of the beholder I guess.
thats one hell of a creapy picture, dont like seeing stuff like that i hunt alone in remote places as well as fish and sometimes you get that feeling yourbeing watched and the hair stands up on your neck as if you where prey. I grew up in terrace and sighting there are frequent from mushroom pickers to natives, i never seen anything but have heard stories from locals my whole life. the mountains go back forever and if they are as smart as they say you would never see one there, probably nocturnal as well. People go missing there all the time and no trace is ever found highway 16 for instance, serial killer? biker gangs? or something worse???????????? Even with a rifle i feel uncomfortable sometimes and dam is that one creepy picture.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:47 PM

Here is all 3 of those picture together, below.
Bear cubs, then another type of critter came in afterwards, believed by those in the know as a Juvenile Sasquatch.
I personally agree.

Old 09-03-2009, 07:33 PM

I thought I saw a saskatchewan once... but it turned out to be a
Sam-quamch!!

Wait a minute... that was Trailer Park Boys... my mistake!!!
Old 09-03-2009, 08:32 PM

Even previous to my own experience, I was a bit of a believer. Reason being that tales of such a creature have abounded amongst indigenous peoples for thousands of years seperated by thousands of miles with no form of communication. Think about it for minute. The possibility that this is an organized myth is LESS plausable than such an animal actually existing.

For those who want a body, bones, etc as evidence, I ask you, when was the last time you came across a cougar carcass, or a grizz, or a martin......... lot's of bush out there folks, and if it sometimes takes years to find a crashed airplane...............

Tree
Old 09-03-2009, 08:32 PM

Glassy Eyed Stare, I wouldn't neccesarily say that "those in the know" think this is a juvenile Sasquatch. Actually I would say that 90% of the bigfoot community would say this is a mangy bear, the other 10% would probably be made up entirely of BFRO(Bigfoot Field and Researchers Organization) members, who seem to really push this as being a juvenile Sasquatch, which is fine with me, I just don't agree with that.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:36 PM

Hey, ABS do happen to drive a tan coloured 70's Land Rover with a 'Sasquach Research' door sign?

Tree
Old 09-03-2009, 08:45 PM

Ive seen that vehicle too LOL as for the pics, doesnt look like a bear, kinda like my ex wife after a week camping and no razor tho!

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 09-03-2009, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneChristie View Post
Ive seen that vehicle too LOL as for the pics, doesnt look like a bear, kinda like my ex wife after a week camping and no razor tho!
hmmm on second thought, the butt isnt anywhere near big and wide enough for her

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 09-03-2009, 08:51 PM
troller

Quote:
Quote:
hmmm on second thought, the butt isnt anywhere near big and wide enough for her

Thanks, I needed a laugh today!
Old 09-03-2009, 08:54 PM

Quote:
and here wayne i thought it looked like BBJ going for a new bottle of vodka.. but your right the ***** aint wide enough and theres no camo thong..
Old 09-03-2009, 10:25 PM

I believe! I have been hunting for 19yrs, have stumbled upon 2 cougars both within 20yds, seen 1 wolverine, numerous wolves, deer, elk, black bear, but never a Grizzly. So to say that they don't exist simply cause i haven't seen one crazy Imo. There is too many (sightings) from ppl to dismiss their existence.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:13 PM

LOL Treeguy!!! No, unfortunately that is not my vehicle but the owner of it is a close personal friend of mine. What's even funnier is that Wayne has seen it too.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:16 AM

Default the second picture looks like a.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassy Eyed Stare View Post
Here is all 3 of those picture together, below.
Bear cubs, then another type of critter came in afterwards, believed by those in the know as a Juvenile Sasquatch.
I personally agree.

I'm not saying it is but the second picture looks like the backend view of a chimpanzee..MB
Old 09-04-2009, 08:17 AM

I've seen that third picture from one of the yoga cl***** across from my office...I think it's called downward dog. Maybe it's a yoga instructor dressed as a Sasquatch. Someone should tell her to shave.

Cheers
Old 09-04-2009, 11:10 AM

Had a bit of a chat with the other-half about his Sasquatch beliefs. That led to him acquiring a bunch of episodes of a show that appears on the U.S. History Channel (Monster Quest http://www.history.com/content/monsterquest).

We had a "cryptozoology fest" last night. They've got a couple of great episodes on the Sasquatch. Also watched an episode on some weird flying thing that scared the crap out of me and one on teradactyls in New Guinea.

God promised men that good and obedient wives would be found in all corners of the world. Then he made the earth round . . . and laughed.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeGuy View Post
Even previous to my own experience, I was a bit of a believer. Reason being that tales of such a creature have abounded amongst indigenous peoples for thousands of years seperated by thousands of miles with no form of communication. Think about it for minute. The possibility that this is an organized myth is LESS plausable than such an animal actually existing.
No one said it was an organized myth, just a myth. Many unrelated cultures also have myths about giants (remember Goliath?), winged people, vengeful gods, half-human animals, etc. Doesn't mean they exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeGuy View Post
For those who want a body, bones, etc as evidence, I ask you, when was the last time you came across a cougar carcass, or a grizz, or a martin......... lot's of bush out there folks, and if it sometimes takes years to find a crashed airplane...............
I believe I've seen all the carc***** you mentioned in the Provincial Museum in Edmonton. No Sasquatch though.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:53 PM

"Those in the know" will know who they are.
"Those in the know" will be those who have seen. (a sasquatch)
"Those in the know" will be those who trust their eyes (to evidence)
Those who are confused by those pics are in a different catagory ("untrained" perhaps and this was discussed previously above)

For those in above posts who don't see a mangy bear, or they are seeing a primate, this is good, (keep trusting your eyes).

I personally are not afraid to stick up my hand and and say "Yup,..that looks like a primate of some kind." If they are going to grow to 7,8,9, or 10 ft tall they have to start somewhere, and a pic of a juvenile Sasquatch,...perfect !!.
(makes sense)

The region those Jacobs photos come from, Pennsylvania and Ohio, have a long standing track record of reported sightings. The volume of reported sightings by credible people in those two States have a density equivalent to the west coast of North America.

A supporting link and good read:
http://www.bigfootbiologist.org/page9.html

Last edited by Glassy Eyed Stare; 09-04-2009 at 05:23 PM.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:35 PM

Look at the feet. Looks like a bear to me.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:46 PM

I don't know what it is, photo shop, bigfoot, kid in a suit.... But it aint no bear.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:37 PM

Why am I reading all this before moose camp?
Old 09-04-2009, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redranger15 View Post
Why am I reading all this before moose camp?
The AS guy will assure us it's a mangy bear. But I can't be snowed on that advice, as no bear can assume the posture as seen in that bottom picture.
I've seen to many past bears and bear pictures.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:17 PM

I'm not trying to assure anyone of anything! Judge for yourselves, I'm not the all knowing Sasquatch researcher, I'm just saying in my opinion I think it is a mangy bear, and my opinion doesn't count anymore than Wild Eyed Stare's or Shale, Trails n Sheep's. Heck, my opinion might not mean near as much because I have never seen a Sasquatch.

As for those in the know, I think most of them know that it is called the Patterson Gimlin Film.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:24 PM

Tags
bigfoot sasquatch