Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-01-2007, 08:03 PM

Default Aqua View or Marcum???

Santa's coming and hasn't a clue what I want. Can you give me some advice so I can leave HER a hint?

Good little Drewski (really!!!)
Old 12-01-2007, 08:11 PM
-NDN-

marcum is clear at a lower price, AquaView ScoutXL is very nice, its really what do you want to spend.

if i was looking at no more than $300 id get the ScoutXL. but you have to get a tripod for the cable remember.

Check out Aquaviews website for the new products that might not be in canada yet, or the fishin' holes dont have in stock yet, you just may till next year!!
Old 12-02-2007, 10:52 AM

FishTv has one at a very reasonable price, Ihave the scout and looked at the fishtv ones and for the money you should have a look, around 150
Old 12-02-2007, 11:15 AM

Go for clarity and a model with good contrast. The new Scout XLs are NOT so good at this. I bought a new 7 inch screen XL last year and it sucks..sucks sucks!!! Unless it is in pretty clear water with lots of light then you cannot tell the difference from most other models. My first XL was much better quality and outshines my new XL in murky or lowlight conditions. I'm looking for a new model myself. I have heard good things about the AquaView ZT series.

This is where cameras might be better bought with a gift certificate so you can get what you want.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:49 PM
jrs

I like my Marcum, i bought it at a fundraising auction last year, can't remember what i paid for sure but you know how fundraisers go (it was less than it was worth new, not by a lot i would think). I'd reccomend this unit, i use a aquaview at work a bit and i prefer the marcum based mostly on clarity and a bit bigger view. Both get the job done though. I've mentioned this before but it turned a few days that would have resulted in one or two fish into ten fish days. They were there but only would take about the tenth presentation we offered. Also showed walleye and pike were plentiful but not interested in any offering that day (smelts, suckers, jigs, spoons, etc). I'm looking forward to getting out with it again, should be out today, have to get my gear!!
Old 12-02-2007, 05:09 PM

I know I'm buying a marcum, cause in my books the aquaveiws are over rated. All I have ever had is aqua veiws, lots of the scout model and I hate them. Never buy one again.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:51 PM

I'm with you Dr. Fish. AquaVu suck!! I'm going Marcum this year too after poking around a bit. Model 560 is amazing. They have a new color model out too. LCD so it can be viewed in full daylight.
Old 12-03-2007, 12:20 AM
-NDN-

marcum does have a higher end color monitor model as well
Old 12-10-2007, 11:39 PM

When you see them side by side Marcum has a way better picture.
But the need to come out with the 4 split screen like aqua view.