Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-28-2017, 04:38 PM

LOL this thread just made my day, not only got a good laugh at the Ninja, he finally got a time out.....
Old 06-28-2017, 04:38 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey View Post
You must be a riot at parties and get-togethers....
This is his/her get together...

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 06-28-2017, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf308 View Post
Ah. Copy. Right on.

Thought initially something classic.
No, just a nice old truck that I enjoy. I have a couple here
Old 06-28-2017, 04:52 PM

I abandoned a car when I moved back to Alberta from BC. No insurance scam or anything like that just left it there. May still be there. hehe

It was a big old Dodge. Run perfect. I was in a rush.

thegungirl.ca @gmail.com
Old 06-28-2017, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterninja View Post
I'm not sure I'm reading this post correctly. Are you saying that where you live you get to "salvage" a vehicle that has been abandoned? It doesn't get towed away to the police impound yard where efforts are made to contact registered owner? Eventually, such vehicles that are truly abandoned (for a variety of reasons) get sold at a public auction.
And you say the local RCMP allow you to do this? I have never heard of this happening in AB. Do you have to slip the the RCMP a few bucks before they let you scoop an abandoned vehicle? I must not be reading OP correctly. It would be a sweet deal for someone to simply get to "claim' any of those vehicles you see from time to time with those bright red stickers on them.
You don't happen to have a marroon dodge minivan that was stolen from me 7 yrs ago that was never recovered? Perhaps whoever stole it abandoned it in your neck of the woods. You can keep the van if you have already made a deal with the local cops, but I would buy back a berkley 6'6" 2 pce graphite fishing rod that I was partial to, and was in the van. lol
It's a simple read as I see it ..and I'm not that smart
Old 06-29-2017, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by watersamurai View Post
So if I'm reading correctly, you could have taken a free truck but instead you called the RCMP? Was the fun of reporting your neighbor to the cops better than the fun of owning a new truck?
It is illegal to knowingly be in possession of stolen goods. I'm not into illegal activity.
Old 06-29-2017, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
It is illegal to knowingly be in possession of stolen goods. I'm not into illegal activity.
Reading your original post, nothing wrong at all with what you did.

Only thing I can't believe is that waterninja is still only suspended and not banned, after he pulled a couple stunts over the last day as "dugouttothehat" and "watersamurai".
Old 06-29-2017, 08:29 AM
Banned

Default .

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterninja View Post
I'm not sure I'm reading this post correctly. Are you saying that where you live you get to "salvage" a vehicle that has been abandoned? It doesn't get towed away to the police impound yard where efforts are made to contact registered owner? Eventually, such vehicles that are truly abandoned (for a variety of reasons) get sold at a public auction.
And you say the local RCMP allow you to do this? I have never heard of this happening in AB. Do you have to slip the the RCMP a few bucks before they let you scoop an abandoned vehicle? I must not be reading OP correctly. It would be a sweet deal for someone to simply get to "claim' any of those vehicles you see from time to time with those bright red stickers on them.
You don't happen to have a marroon dodge minivan that was stolen from me 7 yrs ago that was never recovered? Perhaps whoever stole it abandoned it in your neck of the woods. You can keep the van if you have already made a deal with the local cops, but I would buy back a berkley 6'6" 2 pce graphite fishing rod that I was partial to, and was in the van. lol

He said the cops towed it away , never to be seen again
Old 06-29-2017, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomama View Post
Reading your original post, nothing wrong at all with what you did.

Only thing I can't believe is that waterninja is still only suspended and not banned, after he pulled a couple stunts over the last day as "dugouttothehat" and "watersamurai".
I don't think it's ninja. Someone else that's banned and took the opportunity to pretend to be him. But who knows.