Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-04-2020, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Funny you should say that Dean....lol.

I just got a call from Norden. A bit rocky at first to say the least, but by they end, they agreed to pay for repairs, and extend my factory VW warranty from today, for a full year. And I told him that really doesn't give me anything that I hadn't already paid for when I bought my vehicle, and certainly isn't compensation for the serious aggravation, and the price differential on the demo/new fraud.

I will talk to my legal beagle, and see if it's worth the hassle to pursue it, but a full refund sounds good.
I called them early this am and said my friend in grande prairie has a friend going through some problems right now so the vehicle I was dealing on they can take a hike

butbutbutbutbut

told them I would call next week when my friend updated me on that other situation more on another post of yours
Old 07-04-2020, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergerboy View Post
I was digging around and found a picture of the sign he made.
ask your friend if he remembers the lawyer who stopped to chat with him and his sign,
he went through most of the story and I explained small claims but told him not to budge if the cops come and I would go in and make a scene with the manager on duty

went in and told the gm there that this was nonsense and I was close to buying the same car
also told them I called CTV news for supper coverage and I was going to be on it and not the guy with the sign
told the jerk he had an hour to solve the problem and gave him my cell number and the name of CTV crew

I think your friend was there for a couple of hours before they chatted to him

Glad it worked out as I never heard for sure

and my story about buying was bogus

life is fun when you participate
Later
Old 07-04-2020, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cement Bench View Post
I called them early this am and said my friend in grande prairie has a friend going through some problems right now so the vehicle I was dealing on they can take a hike

butbutbutbutbut

told them I would call next week when my friend updated me on that other situation more on another post of yours
I hope you really did that....so, you want to handle this for me in court then, for the entertainment factor?

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 07-04-2020, 04:55 PM

small claims you can do on your own, because they now came and offered the extended warranty if you get a city city judge you will get very little

a city city judge is one who has grown up in the big city and is used to the bait and switch in daily life

if you get one of the few rural judges who believe in fair play you could get 5-15 grand in damages

part of the situation as I understand it currently is you live where you can get the vehicle serviced without the offending dealership, also you have not sold the vehicle based on your disgust

it might be fun to go to small claims but expect the dealership to send someone who has practised snugging his shoulders on the stand

someone who shrugs without throwing their back out

Later and yes I called just to have fun and not make a big scene

waiting to see if the sign maker remembers me, he was quite nice and genuinely worried about his wife and kids taking a unreliable vehicle on the roads in winter with him at work, glad it worked for him and kudos to him getting a nice sign made up and parking next to GW dealership, that took big kahunas
Old 07-04-2020, 05:07 PM

Quote:
small claims you can do on your own, because they now came and offered the extended warranty if you get a city city judge you will get very little

a city city judge is one who has grown up in the big city and is used to the bait and switch in daily life

if you get one of the few rural judges who believe in fair play you could get 5-15 grand in damages

part of the situation as I understand it currently is you live where you can get the vehicle serviced without the offending dealership, also you have not sold the vehicle based on your disgust

it might be fun to go to small claims but expect the dealership to send someone who has practised snugging his shoulders on the stand

someone who shrugs without throwing their back out

Later and yes I called just to have fun and not make a big scene

waiting to see if the sign maker remembers me, he was quite nice and genuinely worried about his wife and kids taking a unreliable vehicle on the roads in winter with him at work, glad it worked for him and kudos to him getting a nice sign made up and parking next to GW dealership, that took big kahunas
With our new anti protesting bill would this even be legal any more?
Old 07-04-2020, 06:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Brew View Post
With our new anti protesting bill would this even be legal any more?
Uh yes because that bill is for protests that block critical infrastructure not a side road in Edmonton near a dealership lol. If buddy with the sign blocked the train tracks then yes the bill would make that illegal...
Old 07-04-2020, 06:48 PM

Once it's off warranty Westside automotive in Edmonton is the only place I know that you could send your grandmother to. The specialize in VW, Audi etc. Family owned and will go out of their way to help anybody. Rare these days. Premium automotive in Edmonton is the same type of shop for domestics.
Old 07-04-2020, 08:38 PM

Quote:
ask your friend if he remembers the lawyer who stopped to chat with him and his sign,
he went through most of the story and I explained small claims but told him not to budge if the cops come and I would go in and make a scene with the manager on duty

went in and told the gm there that this was nonsense and I was close to buying the same car
also told them I called CTV news for supper coverage and I was going to be on it and not the guy with the sign
told the jerk he had an hour to solve the problem and gave him my cell number and the name of CTV crew

I think your friend was there for a couple of hours before they chatted to him

Glad it worked out as I never heard for sure

and my story about buying was bogus

life is fun when you participate
Later
HAHA yes he does remember the lawyer (you). Bill really appreciated your advice.
Old 07-04-2020, 10:34 PM

Norden are terrible and so is Volkswagon Canada. Bought a brand new Jetta and in one months time the paint was bubbling and we had to fight with both to get it fixed. After a long time we finally got the car in and guess what? Two months later rust spots are popping up again. I took the car and sold it as they would not fix it the second time and the car was only over a year old.
Old 07-05-2020, 06:14 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
Norden are terrible and so is Volkswagon Canada. Bought a brand new Jetta and in one months time the paint was bubbling and we had to fight with both to get it fixed. After a long time we finally got the car in and guess what? Two months later rust spots are popping up again. I took the car and sold it as they would not fix it the second time and the car was only over a year old.
Sounds like a Toyota I had and ohhhh yeah the POS Kia too......never to be a purchase for me ever.....all about customer service.....some might have great experiences with'em as with others but it only takes once and yup strike one your out in my books.....tooooo much money put out for a vehicles to get jerked around.....daughter has a diesel VW....car is great but the dealership in Saskatoon are idiots.....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 07-05-2020, 07:53 AM

I used to have a commuter car from there. Service was so bad we don’t even look at VW anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I came to Ottawa with the firm belief that the only people in this country who should have guns are police officers and soldiers."

— Allan Rock, Canada's Minister of Justice
Maclean's "Taking aim on guns", 1994 April 25, Vol.107 Issue 17, page 12.

"... protection of life is NOT a legitimate use for a firearm in this country sir! Not! That is expressly ruled out!".

— Justice Minister Allan Rock
Old 07-05-2020, 08:42 AM

Norden is part of the Go Auto group... enough said there
Old 07-05-2020, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstubbs View Post
Norden is part of the Go Auto group... enough said there

I went and looked at a car for my daughter from there. #1 it was out of province. They said the would do a inspection. #2 it showed a lien on the paper work but buddy insisted it was paid. #3 couldn’t look at it cuz it was in the body shop cuz it had a so called scratch on the bumper and here at go auto would never sell something like that with out fixing it lol. And honestly the salesman was ****ed when I wouldn’t put a deposit on it. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-06-2020, 05:26 PM

So the latest update...the Sales Manager who contacted me on the weekend from Norden sent me the paperwork for the extension on my Warranty. He specifically said it would be for a full year from Saturday, so until July 4th, 2021, and that it was a VW Canada factory warranty.

So I open the paperwork he emailed, and lo and behold, it expires November 30th 2020. And it is a 3rd party insurer (but with no deductible at least)....so I shot him an email and he replied that there was some kind of error and he would get it cleared up.

Amazing how many 'honest' mistakes they make over there. Like selling a demo vehicle and representing it as new.

I'm thinking about sending an email to Marketplace and explaining this....granted it is CBC, but I still think it would be fun to see their camera crew show up on the dealership lot asking to talk to the manager.

I did file a complaint with AMVIC on the weekend and sent another blast-o-gram to VW Canada. Just going to keep giving them grief, I'm well into entertainment territory now......

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 07-06-2020, 05:35 PM

Default Car

Quote:
So the latest update...the Sales Manager who contacted me on the weekend from Norden sent me the paperwork for the extension on my Warranty. He specifically said it would be for a full year from Saturday, so until July 4th, 2021, and that it was a VW Canada factory warranty.

So I open the paperwork he emailed, and lo and behold, it expires November 30th 2020. And it is a 3rd party insurer (but with no deductible at least)....so I shot him an email and he replied that there was some kind of error and he would get it cleared up.

Amazing how many 'honest' mistakes they make over there. Like selling a demo vehicle and representing it as new.

I'm thinking about sending an email to Marketplace and explaining this....granted it is CBC, but I still think it would be fun to see their camera crew show up on the dealership lot asking to talk to the manager.

I did file a complaint with AMVIC on the weekend and sent another blast-o-gram to VW Canada. Just going to keep giving them grief, I'm well into entertainment territory now......
Don’t forget the BBB while your at it. Doubt they will help much, but more grief is better.
Old 07-06-2020, 05:41 PM

Stay on them hard. These guys are well experienced scammers. They are slipperier than a greased pig. That and they have no honour what so ever. The old saying that bad actors eventually get their comeuppance sure doesn't prove to be true very often. These guys should be out of business if there was any real justice.
Old 07-06-2020, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
Stay on them hard. These guys are well experienced scammers. They are slipperier than a greased pig. That and they have no honour what so ever. The old saying that bad actors eventually get their comeuppance sure doesn't prove to be true very often. These guys should be out of business if there was any real justice.
I left a review on dealerrater.ca as you suggested, and I wasn't shocked how many bad reviews they have. Terrible rating, my review didn't help. I've got lots of time to keep lagging them everywhere I can. And I'm still having my lawyer write them an unfriendly letter of demand, or we can go to court.

Old 07-06-2020, 06:05 PM

Rumor has it a member here gave them their personal thoughts on the
matter & as a bonus, even provided a direct link to this very thread.
Old 07-06-2020, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri777 View Post
Well, whoever that thoughtful member was, be sure and give them my sincere appreciation.

The more people that give them actual grief over their unethical and immoral sales practices, the better. I'm also going to look into direct contact with Go Auto....they should hear about this too.

Old 07-06-2020, 06:52 PM

Quote:
.."the more people that give them actual grief over their unethical and immoral sales practices, the better.."
100% Agree!
Any car sold to a customer as 'new' should be fully disclosed on its history.
Imo, demo vechs are abused in some fashion or another.
Old 07-06-2020, 09:21 PM

Default Norden VW in edmonton

When I sold my Jetta diesel it had 200K on it and was in immaculate condition. It seriously looked like brand new. The interior looked like it just rolled off the showroom floor. I dropped by Sherwood Park VW just to see what they might offer me for it. The manager said the best he could do was $2000. I just laughed at him and walked out the door. Crooks!

Last edited by trigger7mm; 07-06-2020 at 09:22 PM. Reason: More info
Old 07-06-2020, 09:40 PM

As lousy as Norden sounds, I'm betting West End Hyundai is even worse. Daughter is having one helluva time over a recall. Their solution? Let's get your vehicle appraised and set you down with our finance dept.

Dad steps in with words of wisdom only age can bring. Sex & Travel was pretty much the gist of it.

Double kick in the junk when a POS manufacturer is represented by a POS dealership.

Last edited by 270person; 07-06-2020 at 09:49 PM.
Old 07-06-2020, 10:48 PM

So Norden VW in Edmonton sucks is what you are saying?
Old 07-07-2020, 06:04 AM

Quote:

Keep grinding these *****s until,you get what you want.....douch bags for sure and good on you for staying the cause...many just give up.

Old 07-07-2020, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri777 View Post
Awesome!!!!!

Old 07-07-2020, 01:29 PM

Update: I just received my extended bumper to bumper, good till the end of November 2021, so that's actually 13 1/2 months longer than the factory warranty I should have had. Looks like it cost them $1775 to put that on, too. Nice.

But I'm still a bit chapped that they sold me a demo as new. And that they made it such a damn bloody ordeal to actually get them to remedy the obvious. At least the fellow I've been dealing with (the one the GM assigned to me so he wouldn't have to deal with any unpleasantness) has been pretty good, and prompt on the whole deal. He very quickly fixed their last 'mistake'...but I think I'm still not done giving them grief.

Old 07-07-2020, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Update: I just received my extended bumper to bumper, good till the end of November 2021, so that's actually 13 1/2 months longer than the factory warranty I should have had. Looks like it cost them $1775 to put that on, too. Nice.

But I'm still a bit chapped that they sold me a demo as new. And that they made it such a damn bloody ordeal to actually get them to remedy the obvious. At least the fellow I've been dealing with (the one the GM assigned to me so he wouldn't have to deal with any unpleasantness) has been pretty good, and prompt on the whole deal. He very quickly fixed their last 'mistake'...but I think I'm still not done giving them grief.
well done, persistent pays off

you may never be made whole but this brings it closer to that,

cancel the lawyer and relax,

maybe collectively we can organize a protest for a Saturday on the spot where the sign guy was, just a thought
Old 07-07-2020, 02:21 PM

Well, the lawyer is a very good friend of mine, and enjoys it when I get worked up....so he is still going to write a nice letter for me. If nothing else, it's going to cost Norden some billable legal hours. And it won't cost me.

The amount of time and energy and aggravation this has caused me....I'm going to pay them back. Just because they made nice on the warranty because of the lengths I went to finally forced their hand, doesn't let them off the hook.

Old 07-07-2020, 04:59 PM

Another update....a gent called me from AMVIC today (and made sure to let me know they can't enforce anything because they are a toothless sop for consumers)....anyway, he asked if the situation was resolved because he has spoken with my contact at Norden who fixed the warranty and is sending a cheque for repairs....and I told him emphatically 'No!'.

The situation wasn't resolved because they only covered my expenses and warranty that I should have had with a new vehicle, and it doesn't compensate me for getting a 2015 demo in 2016 that was fraudulently given to me represented as new. I told them a cheque for $4K would make me feel ok about it, as that was a fair discount on a year old model that was a demo. And my lawyer was quite happy to deal with it in court naming Norden, Go Auto and VW Canada as complicit in committing fraud.

Will be interesting to see where it goes.

They shouldn't get a pass on it for sure.

Old 07-07-2020, 08:25 PM

Go get 'em!!! Kentwood Ford is a GO Auto dealer too. GO seems like a real scummy outfit. Wish I could have afforded a lawyer to take them down a peg or two. I'll live vicariously through you.