Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-02-2009, 10:40 AM

Default Buck Lake

Me and a 3 other guys went out to buck lake yesterday for canada day after i saw everyone having decent luck out of there. we got on the lake around 10am, stayed on until 8pm. It was nothing like what i thought though. We simply couldn't find the fish. i got nothing, and between the other guys we got 3 keeper walleye, and a few pike. we were sitting in hausers bay most of the time, as we only got a 16ft aluminum with a 20 horse. so its slow lol. I was surprised by the lack of action. Any tricks or good places to go on this lake? we were jigging in around 10ft of water with all color jigs and minnows. seemed to like white the best for a few we caught.

most exciting part of the day was a big fiberglass broke down about 2km from the dock and they were paddling in.looked like they were really tired lol. we offered a tow and helped them in. quite a sight a small alum towing a big fiberglass...
Old 07-03-2009, 09:31 PM

I have had good luck with leech style jigs and have talked to other people in the area they say to just put leeches on a jig head and jig in that 8-12 ft range.
good luck