Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-08-2012, 01:48 AM

Default MLB baseball

I know everybody on here is clamoring for the hockey playoffs but there has gotta be some ball fans on here.

How do you guys see the jays doing? Any early world series predictions?

Please just talk about ball and don't come on the thread and start bashing it, be negative etc.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:06 AM

I'm a Giants and Jays fan and I really like the Jays chances this year. The only thing that worries me is their rotation. We'll see how it goes haha maybe they will be in a game soon that ends in the 9th

As for the entire league I think the Angels and Detroit are the teams to beat.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:12 AM

the jays should hit a ton, but like you said the rotation could be a lot of problems.

the tigers are gonna be tough and the angels as well, lots of strong teams in the al. be interesting to see who the yankees go out and buy in july when they realize their rotation sucks
Old 04-08-2012, 02:13 AM

or when they realize they're too old haha.... can't stand the yankees. oh well.

This extra wildcard will help the Jays out a lot too, hopefully get some Canadian playoff baseball
Old 04-08-2012, 02:19 AM

hate the yankees and jeter so much i started being a bosox fan just because they were the team that best had a chance of beating them.

yeah the jays should be close if the bottom of the rotation can step up a bit, i was hoping brett cecil could get it going but he got sent to AAA. maybe drabek can get into double digit wins and that should be enough but it's gotta be 90 plus wins even for the second wildcard.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:05 AM

With their pre season record of 23-6 and now 2 early wins over 28 total innings, ha, they do look promising. But their hitting #'s in Cleveland were not good, but they did scratch up the wins.
We will see what happens in the next month or so.

TBark
Old 04-08-2012, 10:15 AM

I think They've got a legit shot this year. As always it going to be tough to get above Boston, Newyork and to a lesser degree Tampa. Boston and the Yankees both have questions in the rotation and bullpen so that said Toronto could have a chance finally! As for the world series, I'll take Detroit they added a few bigtime pieces to an already good team, they should be tough..,
Old 04-08-2012, 11:03 AM
waylow

I predict the jays to win the wild card and play Detroit in the alcs. But Detroit will win it all. My dark horse pick is the braves.
Old 04-08-2012, 10:27 PM

Go Reds!!
Old 04-08-2012, 11:24 PM

big votto fan? he's the real deal. best canadian ball player ever if he can keep it up, watch out larry walker
Old 04-09-2012, 07:17 AM

Been a Die hard Baseball fan since i was born,I Played Competitive until i was 19,Jays have been my team since i could walk,We have a shot this year at the Division if we can get good starting pitching,The Bats will be there and from what i see,Our Bullpen is 3 times its been in years.I Watch Ball over Hockey anyday.Bring on the Boys of Summer!!!
Old 04-09-2012, 10:42 AM
Banned

you guys are joking right? you seriously think the jays have a chance? really? im saying no better than 3rd in the division, yet again.

its way too early to say anything with any certainty, but detroit and st louis are about the best guess i can come up with for a world series today. of course, i likely wont even watch a game for a couple months yet. baseballs regular season is just way too long and meaningless at this time of year.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishootbambi View Post
you guys are joking right? you seriously think the jays have a chance? really? im saying no better than 3rd in the division, yet again.

its way too early to say anything with any certainty, but detroit and st louis are about the best guess i can come up with for a world series today. of course, i likely wont even watch a game for a couple months yet. baseballs regular season is just way too long and meaningless at this time of year.
Yes,I am Serious and actually every game counts as in hockey,Every game counts,The Yanks are long on the Tooth,Red sox are not the Team they have been,Tampa doesnt have the Power to Score runs,If toronto can get good starting pitching,They will compete fo the Division and at least get in with a Wildcard Spot.Detroit is Going to be Hard to Beat,Them,Texas,Anaheim are great teams.Philly and Sf in the NL,With St Louis in there as well.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:36 PM
Banned

ok grizz.....ill lay 20 bucks on it toronto misses the playoffs. you in?
Old 04-09-2012, 11:15 PM

santos second blown save in a row tonight, i don't know. but agree the yankees are old and the bosox didn't get any better. i think they got a shot but the first wild card be 2nd place in the east and the second wild card likely be 2nd in the west angels or rangers.

so they gotta win at least 90 games, whole lot of if's and's or but's. let's hope they can get some pitching.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:16 AM

Smile Watching the Astros in Houston now!

The jays have got to get a closer! Where is Dr. Henke when we need him.

They have everything except a closer. Now days you have to have one.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:09 PM

Go Jays Go! Santos has to settle in here. Not looking like the "elite" closer that they experts were claiming him to be.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:16 PM

Im in,20.00 They Make the Playoffs.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:18 PM

Santos does not look goos so far,But i am a Beliver he will come around,But if he doesnt there Bullpen is deep enough they can either promote from within or make a trade for a Stopper,I Would give him 4-5 more Chances,If he Throws Beachballs then they need to make a Move,I am happy with there team,Exept Santos and every pitcher slumps,Lol.Just not good to do it the first Week of the Season.Go Jays,I Think they will win 93-94 Games.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlyman1980 View Post
im liking my odds. i havent lost one yet here on AO. good luck and ill find you in early october.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:53 AM

HUGE GIANTS FAN, tought start thought. Also follow the Jays, and theyre gonna be fun to watch this year.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:42 PM

i liked watching the giants tv series, i believe it was on hbo. they have some good players, i like buster posey (always like the catchers as that what i was in my competitive days) and great rotation.

another jays note, i'm liking the new uniforms. they are actually blue again. me and my cousin were discussing the old jays. remember kelly gruber? and money in the bank duane ward and tom henke.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:02 PM

bad to see bautista hitting .200 and santos out for 4 weeks good thing it's only april. good to see drabek finding a way to get outs and lawrie still showing the same amount of hustle he had last year.

angels 6-12 ouch. people already talking about axing bobby valentine in boston. double ouch for him. but hey like i said earlier it's only april.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:05 PM

Default urrrr.......

How many times is Escobar going to throw the ball away????? He has been making some brutal plays in the last week.

The guy has talent but I hate his attitude, he doesn't seem to give a chit and is a winer too boot.

Get rid of him.

L.S.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:03 PM

Damn,

Toronto sure seems to have problems with Baltimore this year. 3 game series sweep by the wrong birds. They better pick it up tomorrow in Seatle.

L.S.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:53 PM

the encouraging guy for me is colby rasmus. his bat will come around but his fielding and hustle are great.

i'm thinking about going down to watch the mariners this year. not sure how many years ichiro has got left, always liked seeing him gunning out runners with laser beams from the outfield. youtube some of his outfield assists, amazing a little fella like that can throw that hard.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:48 PM

Go Reds!
Old 09-28-2012, 06:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
ok grizz.....ill lay 20 bucks on it toronto misses the playoffs. you in?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlyman1980 View Post
Quote:
im liking my odds. i havent lost one yet here on AO. good luck and ill find you in early october.
hey grizzlyman.....ive sent you a mailing address. the season isnt quite done, but the jays are. pleasure doing business with you.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:15 PM
Banned

we have made arrangements in pm for payment. thanks grizz.

i have offered a new bet for him to reclaim some cash. for the 2013 season, i offered 2 to 1 odds on that 20 that they still wont make it. if the jays do not make the playoffs, ill collect another 20. if they do, i will owe grizz 40. im actually a jays fan....but a realist.....
Old 09-28-2012, 07:33 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
we have made arrangements in pm for payment. thanks grizz.

i have offered a new bet for him to reclaim some cash. for the 2013 season, i offered 2 to 1 odds on that 20 that they still wont make it. if the jays do not make the playoffs, ill collect another 20. if they do, i will owe grizz 40. im actually a jays fan....but a realist.....
long time til next spring...but Gawd!!!...they need some pitching!!!...their "hero" won his first game since June 25th in the back end of a double header??? this past week...WTF!!!.... they were .500 at the break????...lol...oh well always interesting...getting back into it after going to a bunch of Cactus league games this spring...go Cubbies!....groan......