Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-05-2009, 02:59 AM
Banned

Default shore fishing places near grande prairie

is there any places near grande prairie alberta where i can fish from the shore i dont own a boat or anything 2 hours away max any type of fish although rainbow is preferred because i havent fished for ppike or any other kinds. Also any advice on what parts of water pikes like or walleye as well thank you.
Old 07-05-2009, 07:15 AM
Banned

also is there any regulation on what fish i can catch and keep i should know about
Old 07-05-2009, 09:28 AM

Default crappy tire

just head down to crappy tire and pick up a regulations book, or the tackle shack. as for trout you can to too muskaseeppi park in the city stocked ,see people pulling out decent little trout evey time were there taking the baby for a walk. or head towards valeyview to swan lake, big rainbows in there can fish from shore a little busy, but good numbers. as for pike head a little further towards valleyview to youngs point, follow it to the boat launch two docks lots of big pike, walley too. just throw out black diamonds for pike great time easy acsess.. good luck
Darrell
Old 07-05-2009, 10:21 AM

all great spots roughneck, Moonshine lake as well north by spirit river. If you have never fished pike make sure you use a wire leader or you will have a bad day of losing fish.