Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 02-09-2016, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterninja View Post
I have to say that I'm a little confused about the part of your story where a fellow was charged 300.00 for having "untagged" Game Birds in his home.
Turkey must be tagged.
Old 02-09-2016, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Turkey must be tagged.
While in your home????
Old 02-09-2016, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icon View Post
While in your home????
Until it's processed yes.

http://www.albertaregulations.ca/hun.../birdregs.html

Quote:
Merriam’s Turkey Tagging Instructions

Tagging Instructions: (A) place wire through the nares, or (B) through the patagium between the tendon and the bones of the wing.

Tags must remain affixed until the carcass is delivered to

the usual residence of the person who killed it, and is butchered, cut and packaged for consumption, or
to a premises in respect of which there is a Food Establishment Permit issued under the Public Health Act or Licence for the Operation of an Abattoir issued under the Meat Inspection Act
Old 02-09-2016, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Fehr View Post
Renters have every right to grant permission, they have paid for the use of the land. If the land owner doesn't want people hunting then they had better put that in the rental agreement.
I've had this discussion with the RCMP and was that the renter / lease holder has every right to grant permission as they see fit.
Same rules as if they were renting a house, they can let anyone in they want without the owners consent.
Just letting everyone know how it is. Homes are different than farm or ranch land.
Old 02-09-2016, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGreenstein View Post
Just letting everyone know how it is. Homes are different than farm or ranch land.
Yet numerous renters of land and landowners here in this thread say otherwise.
Old 02-09-2016, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowtown guy View Post
Yet numerous renters of land and landowners here in this thread say otherwise.
I know if a renter gives me permission I won't be going to the land owner for permission also.
Old 02-09-2016, 10:32 AM

Quote:
I know if a renter gives me permission I won't be going to the land owner for permission also.
I always ask if whomever I am talking to is the person that can give me permission to access. I specifically ask that question. How the hel would I know otherwise?

As far as I'm concerned my butt is covered that way. Half the time I don't look at the map to see who owns it. I ask a farmhouse nearby the field I want to access. "I want to hunt in the 2nd 1/4 South of TWP rd XXX on the west side of RR xxx. Are you the person that I talk to about getting permission to hunt there?" If they say no I ask if they know who I can get in touch with.

I'd say that easily 70% of the time I get in touch with a landowner that rents hi/her land out, they want me to talk to the renter.

The other 30% is split between both want to control access, only the landowner controls and then they don't give permission because they hunt.
Old 02-09-2016, 11:46 AM

Quote:
That's right. You shouldn't have to. That's up to the renter and owner to sort it out. The person who sought permission should not be held liable. It's a good thing that most landowners leave it up to the renters to deal with as they see fit.
Old 02-09-2016, 03:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
x2
Old 02-12-2016, 06:25 PM

it doesnt matter how many times you explain yourself on here.. Some people would rather just hear there own voice than listen to what you have to say. They feel they are the RCMP, COs, Judge and Jury. Only their opinion matters Nicely done on keeping the peace. Good advice to those who want to listen.
Old 02-13-2016, 12:54 AM

Default Rented land

The majority of the land in this area is crop land and luckily I have access to a large portion of these acres to hunt and always check with the person renting the land and nine out of ten times they say no problem just give the owner a call in case someone else has been given permission at the same time. If available the land owner always has final say after the crop has been harvested. Until then the renter has the final say period. When the crops are harvested as a rule the land owner has final say as to happens or not on their land.
Old 02-13-2016, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Yup. Last fall I asked a farmer that was combining a field across from my lake log if I could hunt birds on his land.
He said he didn't care but I had to ask the land owner because hd was only leading it- that to me was very clear that there was no permission given but directions on who cloud grant permission.
A different year we were watching a flock of geese in a field and went to the farmer in the next quarter and he said " yup, no problem- just don't bring swath from a different field to camo your blinds"
He was also leasing that land .

The one I hate to hear is " I have no problem but ****son owns these two quarters and I have an agreement saying " no hunters"
Cat
Old 02-13-2016, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony5 View Post
The majority of the land in this area is crop land and luckily I have access to a large portion of these acres to hunt and always check with the person renting the land and nine out of ten times they say no problem just give the owner a call in case someone else has been given permission at the same time. If available the land owner always has final say after the crop has been harvested. Until then the renter has the final say period. When the crops are harvested as a rule the land owner has final say as to happens or not on their land.
No wonder some of you guys run into problems. This is just a common sense thing and at the same time show some respect for both parties involved. This quote is bang on
Old 03-05-2016, 05:40 PM

Default Untagged game birds

By that I mean this fellow had a road killed back half of a deer and game birds in the freezer but no licence for said game birds.
Old 03-05-2016, 05:47 PM

yeah he had game birds in his freezer but no licence for said birds. He is a poacher plain and simple.
Whereas I am merely a dumb.ss and $2000 smackers poorer.
I saw the rural/urban divide up real close. Heading South of Calgary to hunt on Crown land from now on. The people from Sundre/Didsbury would probably say good riddance.
To them I say enjoy the money you will see no more of it from me.
Old 03-05-2016, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCalgaryMulie View Post
yeah he had game birds in his freezer but no licence for said birds. He is a poacher plain and simple.
Whereas I am merely a dumb.ss and $2000 smackers poorer.
I saw the rural/urban divide up real close. Heading South of Calgary to hunt on Crown land from now on. The people from Sundre/Didsbury would probably say good riddance.
To them I say enjoy the money you will see no more of it from me.
Did you make out a hurt feeling's report with F&W ??