Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-17-2024, 12:43 PM

Tax the Rich - that would be those guys over there.
It used to be that someone with a million in assets "a millionaire" was rich.
in the days of Trudeau 1 that was probably true...
however 57 years of inflation later that would equate to about five million in 2024 dollars - actually probably more...

The Clown Prince and Jagmeet believe that outcomes should be equal, no matter what the input level was otherwise IT'S NOT FAIR
These are the same donkeys who tout a "guaranteed annual income" or a "guaranteed basic living wage" or the same idea under a number of different monikers.

Sounds great until you ask - who's gonna pay.
That's their definition of "rich" - the people who are going to pay (as long as it's some other guys, not them)

You wind up with the Soviet system... you pretend to work and we pretend to pay you.

Last edited by Sundog57; 04-17-2024 at 12:52 PM.
Old 04-17-2024, 12:45 PM

I think that anything that comes out of Trudeau or any of his minions mouths is rich because they're usually so ridiculous or ironic.

It must be true, almost every time they say something I find myself saying "That's rich, coming from those morons."
Old 04-17-2024, 12:53 PM

Rich, like composted manure pile rich...
I can tell your Mom raised you right from your choice of language
Old 04-17-2024, 01:11 PM

Wealthy starts at 25 mil plus and rich 100 plus.
If you retire now with less than 2 it could easily be worrisome.
Old 04-17-2024, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhogger View Post
I'm legitimately starting to wonder if Trudeau is trying to create a bigger mess before he's ousted so it takes longer for a Conservative government to turn it around. He's spending money like he's back to printing it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Trudeau said it is about ensuring the government has the money to correct generational fairness.

“We’re asking them to pay their fair share so that younger generations can have the same opportunities that Gen-Xers, boomers and other generations had when they were starting their lives.”

He said if the Conservatives vote against the budget, as they have indicated they will do, it will be because they want to protect this small group from higher taxes.

Trudeau is printing money and he knows it will end up screwing younger people.

Did you notice the comment about future debt issuance that quickly flew by? Gov of Canada expects to issue $500 billion of debt in the coming year. Compare this to around $100 billion issued when Trudeau came into power. This is called printing money out of thin air and it is highly inflationary.

The money printing has to happen because Trudeau tried "taxing the rich" (over $250k annual income) before and it backfired massively. So they'll just print money this time.

In 1970 having $100,000 meant you were rich. Under Pierre Trudeau's 10 years' of 10% inflation that $100,000 had only $10,000 of purchasing power by the early 1980s. His son is just repeating this process -- remember Pierre Trudeau's ~1983 budget that taxed everything and choked productivity and private sector investments? Y'all remember... the National Energy Program he put in place to fix the problems he created?? Well Justin Trudeau is doing it again in 2024.

You there! The young person now making $100k a year! Congrats! That means the Liberals define you as rich. Too bad gasoline costs $200 to fill up, utility bills are the size of your mortgage and food costs have more than doubled. And housing is still unaffordable because prices are climbing, interest rates for a mortgage can't come down because inflation is caused by printing money out of thin air, and your taxes are going up (because you are rich, ya' know).

Young people are going to be soooooo screwed.
Old 04-17-2024, 02:05 PM
AO Sponsor

I am happily married 28 years to my soul mate, have healthy adjusted adult children, food in my belly and a roof over my head. I am rich no matter what my bank account says...
Bay #6, 1303 44th ave NE
Calgary AB, T2E6L5
bobbybirds@icloud.com
www.urbanexp.ca

Leviticus 23: 4-18: "he that scopeth a lever, or thou allow a scope to lie with a lever as it would lie with a bolt action, shall have created an abomination and shall perish in the fires of Hell forever and ever.....plus GST" - huntinstuff April 07/23
Old 04-17-2024, 02:10 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Rich living my life and lifestyle. I don't put a money value on rich but wealthy is another story.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 04-17-2024, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
I am happily married 28 years to my soul mate, have healthy adjusted adult children, food in my belly and a roof over my head. I am rich no matter what my bank account says...
Exactly!! Live for what you have, not for what you don't have.
Old 04-17-2024, 02:16 PM

Old 04-17-2024, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Rich living my life and lifestyle. I don't put a money value on rich but wealthy is another story.
Exactly.

LeBron James is RICH
The old guy who pays him is WEALTHY
Old 04-17-2024, 02:26 PM

Default Wealthy or Rich?

These can describe a lot but the best definition I have heard when it comes to income or money is:

If you are able to live off of assets and investments your are wealthy, (your money is doing the work)

If you have to live off a wage or a salary you are not. (You are doing the work.)

The whole tax the wealthy always bugs me because they are the ones providing opportunities, you own a company that employs 100 people (taxpayers) that should be accounted for, tax is the biggest disincentive there is,

Jugnut and sock boy's idea of corporate greed causing inflation is so out of whack look at the carbon tax, how has it been invested? it just goes to general revenue and wasted like all of our other money.

Canada was a wealthy country but new is going into debt so fast that we are soon going to be a third world sghithole. Our young generation cannot afford to buy basic housing.

Why because our government is throwing money away like its not theirs.

WE need a revolt where every company refuses to submit their employees income tax, corporate taxes and fuel companies refuse to charge any tax on their products and see how wealthy we all could be.
Old 04-17-2024, 02:53 PM

Been a long time since $1,000,000 made you "rich"

https://youtu.be/aynCgnbbgbM

"Haven't you always wanted a monkey?"

ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Old 04-17-2024, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams1 View Post
Compared to someone in the Third world, we're all rich when it comes down to it.
I disagree. $30K annual salary will make you rich in a 3rd world country but in Canada that's poverty even for a single person.
Old 04-17-2024, 03:18 PM

How the f is it anyone's business how much money anyone makes?
Why should how much you make determine your share of the tax burden?
Figure out what it takes to run this circus and divide it by the population.
Can't get any more fair than that.
Old 04-17-2024, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Even the language Castro's son uses is pure theater and lies. 'We're asking...' No, you are taxing, which payment of isn't optional. It's taking, with the full power of the state to enforce. Quoted from National Post:

Trudeau said it is about ensuring the government has the money to correct generational fairness.

“We’re asking them to pay their fair share so that younger generations can have the same opportunities that Gen-Xers, boomers and other generations had when they were starting their lives.”

He said if the Conservatives vote against the budget, as they have indicated they will do, it will be because they want to protect this small group from higher taxes.

“They’re voting against fairness. They will be voting against asking the ultra rich to pay their share

This is over the top even for Trudeau --- the guy who tried to give taxpayer money directly to a charity who in turn was paying his family members to show up, the PM that tried to bribe err buy his way onto the UN Security council with millions in taxpayer dollars, the PM who has had to settle with a number of people over claims while he was PM (Admiral Norman) and used NDA's to hide the settlement value that was paid using taxpayer dollars, the PM who has racked up huge all in vacation expenses using --- yes --- taxpayer dollars ---- plus the numbness to his own personal actions on blowing budgets is astounding ($50M on a night talk show).
Old 04-17-2024, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
That is the best we can hope for.

Isaiah 5:8
Old 04-17-2024, 05:49 PM

In the old country a neighbor was considered rich because they had geese and no one else could afford such extravagance.
Old 04-17-2024, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
Every time I hear "tax the rich more" I wonder what people consider "rich"

How much $ or assets do you have to have to be considered rich?

I'd like to hear your numbers.......
Trudeau keep yakking about conservatives doing Trump style politics… however he is the master of that. His divisive style of finding someone for voters to collectively hate or be afraid of is a classic.

Going back in time…

First is was evil Harper that Trudeau was going to be honest and transparent government. Insert massive laughter.

Second is was evil anti climate conservatives and then evil oil companies. Oil companies that support so much transfer payments it’s not even funny

Third was evil Covid deniers and restrictions that were excessive and went far to long… however he refused to close the border to people infected with Covid at the start of the pandemic. Also refused to call it until WHO told him too

Fourth was evil convoy protesters. He’s fine with all social and environmental protests of all kinds and severity… but people in scary trucks. Nope.

Fifth now is evil rich people at the same time he’s run the debt up so much that the interest on the debt paid to giant banks is now more than the healthcare transfer payments. Crazy.

What group is next I wonder.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 04-17-2024, 08:56 PM

Rich is nice comfortable home with a happy woman in it.
Rich is healthy employed kids & thriving grandkids.
Rich is 2-3 vehicles.
Rich is steak any damn time you want it.
Rich is enough boat & all the gas needed whenever the fancy strikes.
Rich is enough rifles & ammo.
Rich is a portfolio that pays more than we need.

Not rich yet but working on it.....

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King
Old 04-17-2024, 09:14 PM

Financially ,Trudeau is rich but you can bet your last tax dollar he made sure he is protected from any new taxes he will impose on others ..

Financially rich but morally and ethically bankrupt
Old 04-17-2024, 09:28 PM

I buy pretty much whatever I need and or want , anytime
really, within reason ..
Money is not a top issue how I live
I do wish more young peope had the same opportuninty and looking forward ..it does look grim and I feel for that