Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-26-2017, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhfong View Post
Guided. 3.5 days. 26 foot boat. $8000 for the three of us . Frank was the guide. Arrived monday, picked up at coal harbour. Supper in the lodge. Fished 3.5 days left for port hardy on friday. Picked up fish at hardy boys, filleted, vac packed and flash frozen ( fish processing was extra)
Winter harbour lodge
Old 08-26-2017, 11:54 PM

To wbaj. I tried replying to your pm three times but the message doesnt send from my tablet. Pm me an email address and ill reply to that
Old 08-27-2017, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhfong View Post
Guided. 3.5 days. 26 foot boat. $8000 for the three of us . Frank was the guide. Arrived monday, picked up at coal harbour. Supper in the lodge. Fished 3.5 days left for port hardy on friday. Picked up fish at hardy boys, filleted, vac packed and flash frozen ( fish processing was extra)
Thanks for the info!
Old 08-27-2017, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMountainMusic View Post
Our guide was Jim and we were on his boat called Twin Strikes, we fished Aug 5th,6th and 7th. We caught 4 hali's the first day two tiny ones and the ok one being a whopping 27#. Think we got 5 Chinook and a couple pinks total in the 3 days. 1 ling and the last day we basically caught rock fish. There were guides out at the whale tail and potato catching at same time as us. Stan was the guide that impressed me has a decent boat and goes above and beyond to get his guests fish. He works for one of the bands there though not westview but I think sometimes John hires him through the band.
would you go back.
Old 08-31-2017, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish99 View Post
would you go back.
Not with that outfit, fishing is fishing so I don't blame them for weather or being slow but we were down right ripped off $1000 for tuna that they didn't even talk to us about! And the boat is a joke when you have 5 people there should be be 5 decent seats for us especially in 20ft swells! All they had to do to keep it fair was refund the tuna money for extra fuel boat needed which was never talked about! They think that hey are so big that peoples bad word will do nothing to their business he told me that himself
Old 08-31-2017, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Not with that outfit, fishing is fishing so I don't blame them for weather or being slow but we were down right ripped off $1000 for tuna that they didn't even talk to us about! And the boat is a joke when you have 5 people there should be be 5 decent seats for us especially in 20ft swells! All they had to do to keep it fair was refund the tuna money for extra fuel boat needed which was never talked about! They think that hey are so big that peoples bad word will do nothing to their business he told me that himself
Have you asked about a refund? What did they say? A lot of the high dollar charters are just an absolute rip off. I experienced similar in Hawaii, there are a lot of mad people online that confirmed the reviews.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 08-31-2017, 07:05 PM

Quote:
That is absolutely a travesty the way you were treated. Don't put up with it.
Old 09-01-2017, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Have you asked about a refund? What did they say? A lot of the high dollar charters are just an absolute rip off. I experienced similar in Hawaii, there are a lot of mad people online that confirmed the reviews.
Yes we did, well actually all we asked for was the extra $1000 back that we paid due to extra fuel extra boat for tuna fishing! They just kept skirting around the situation and would not even consider discussing a refund. When finally as I kept pushing and realizing I would get nowhere with them I said I will be trying to help as many people as possible from being ripped off by them the way we were! If you look on google reviews you can read our comments there, I will be posting on every chat, fb page media I'm a part of! When I said this to them their reply was more or less go for it we have lots of returning customers! I have all the emails since day one when booking a year ago and will show anyone all I have!
Old 09-01-2017, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofinoguy View Post
That is absolutely a travesty the way you were treated. Don't put up with it.
I will do everything I can to save people the grief we went through, I may not to. Them out of business anytime soon but maybe they will get hit hard enough to stop being all about the dollar and treat people fair! It's easy to be fair and that's all I expect from anyone, when the fishing is hot on the outside which from my research now is quite often then people will overlook all the little stuff or how your treated if your having a blast catching fish! They are cheaper than most lodges to book but you sure get what you pay for....
Old 09-01-2017, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Yes we did, well actually all we asked for was the extra $1000 back that we paid due to extra fuel extra boat for tuna fishing! They just kept skirting around the situation and would not even consider discussing a refund. When finally as I kept pushing and realizing I would get nowhere with them I said I will be trying to help as many people as possible from being ripped off by them the way we were! If you look on google reviews you can read our comments there, I will be posting on every chat, fb page media I'm a part of! When I said this to them their reply was more or less go for it we have lots of returning customers! I have all the emails since day one when booking a year ago and will show anyone all I have!
I wonder what that $1000 is worth now to them...

Thanks for filling us in on this situation.
Old 09-01-2017, 09:24 AM

Quote:
What is the place / outfit? Westview Marina?
Old 09-01-2017, 09:36 AM

Quote:
We can go a hell of a lot further than that. Want your money back?

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 09-11-2017, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPFisher View Post
Yes that's the place!
Old 09-11-2017, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
We can go a hell of a lot further than that. Want your money back?
Sorry I forgot to check back on this thread need the notification reminder on here lol. Of course we want our money back we paid for a service we never received, but more importantly I want people to know before they spend their hard earned money. Lots of people that take these trips are rich and don't care what $1000 is to them but to some they may be saving for a dream trip etc and get treated like that.
Old 09-11-2017, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPFisher View Post
Even if I save 1 person a trip from these guys I'd feel good, I started noticing the signs on how cheap the guy is when our fishing guide(who is hired contractor by westview) fills up his boat somewhere else because it was .10c a litre cheaper than the lodge he works for. I really struggled as why you would charge your own staff that much more than what they could get further out to sea even and save that much money. But now it all makes sense John is so tight he squeaks when he walks. I couldn't sleep at night if I treated someone that way but I guess the world is full of them now...