Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 09-13-2017, 11:56 AM

Default Access points along Transcanada BC

Hi All!

Don't worry, I'm not asking anyone to give away their favourite hotspots or exact locations - just access/parking points!

We will be traveling along the Transcanada to Kelowna this weekend and I'm hoping someone is willing to share some places to stop and wet a line for an hour or two along the way I've only been this way once before and hadn't been learning to fish at the time.

BC has SO SO many bodies of water so I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed, especially being a newbie and on a time limit (I don't want to spend that hour or two fishing a dead lake or mistake a large irrigation ditch for a small lake LOL!!).

I'm hoping to find places that are accessible while traveling west toward Kelowna and that are fairly easy to access as I'll have my 8 year old along with me.

Any spots IN or around the city of Kelowna itself would also be outstandingly helpful (I can steal away from my husband and kiddo for a couple of hours here and there LOL).
Old 09-14-2017, 03:43 PM

Smile

You can fish the Columbia River over by Revelstoke. There are bulls and rainbow in there. But access is limited. There is a boat launch in town, or you can go by the bridge and cast there.

There is a pull off at Griffin Lake, just west of Revelstoke. But the access to the lake is not great. The dickwhad that ran the B&B cut off access to the west end of the lake. There are nice rainbows in that lake.

You can stop along Three Valley Gap Lake. There are small rainbows and lakers in there. There are a few spots to stop along there.

At Kekuli Bay Park on Kalamalka Lake, just south of Vernon you could park in the day parking area and go down to the boat launch. There is a rock berm right straight in front by where the vehicles turn around and launch. It's out of the way of the vehicles launching and I see kids there fishing all the time. They catch squaw fish and the occasional rainbow.

For places to fish around Kelowna go to Troutwaters in Kelowna and they have the best staff, and are always helpful.

That will give you a few options to explore.