Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-23-2015, 04:56 PM

Default I refrained from being a dick head

Some ppl"s kids really have to learn lots of manners...oh and don't think just because you is driving a 1 ton dodge dually...that you are invincible!!! Nice day of fishin with my 82 year old mom...then some joker arrives...
Old 05-23-2015, 05:01 PM

Sorry to hear about your bad luck running into the wild alberta joker. I hope he did more than just show up.
Old 05-24-2015, 12:00 AM

I think he got ****ed off cause I was riggin his girlfriends kids up for trout fishin. Never met the guy b4,but he came across as pretty arrogant. Made sure he was flashing all his tats at me on his arms. Ya like that is gonna impress me. After 20 minutes and just getting settled in he calls it and they leave. The one girl was 9 years old and was having fun sitting and talking to my mom.

Fires up his Dodge and makes sure that we all know it is chipped as he leaves the pond...I so wanted to come home and fire up my 81 chev and drive right over his sorry azz...Really ticks me off when a fella is getting kids into fishin and they are enjoying it...then some hero calls it off...
Old 05-24-2015, 12:06 AM

Full of confusion i am.(in yoda voice)

So you tried helping a stranger and his kids out and he got mad?
Old 05-24-2015, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydro1 View Post
Full of confusion i am.(in yoda voice)

So you tried helping a stranger and his kids out and he got mad?
That pretty much sums it up..Oh well. I always have time to show kids some tips and tricks for trout fishin.I even give them riggings to use and let them keep em.Cause really,whats a bobber worth or a pickerel riggin with size 6 hooks worth? Maybe 2 bucks.I have even made up spare rod holders so kids don't have to try and shove them in the ground. I give them to the kids. Grand total to make one...27 cents...I go by the old saying,God gave me 2 hands,one to help myself and one to help others out..

Just like as now I am riggin up for sturgeon. Members in here have givin me advice as to how to gear up for them.All I am doing is paying it forward.
Old 05-24-2015, 06:33 AM
Banned

Default I refrained from being a dick head

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehunter View Post
Some ppl"s kids really have to learn lots of manners...oh and don't think just because you is driving a 1 ton dodge dually...that you are invincible!!! Nice day of fishin with my 82 year old mom...then some joker arrives...
Dick is better when its stronger lolx
Old 05-24-2015, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmagedon View Post
Dick is better when its stronger lolx
HUH??? You lost me and have me confuzzled...
Old 05-24-2015, 12:47 PM

Perhaps his idea of getting out with his kids was so he could bond with his kids that day not you. You did not mention the kids mother so it could be it is his only day to sent with them..... not saying what you tried to do was wrong I commend you for trying to help kids enjoy fishing but alot of times we don't know the whole story. Keep up the good work.

Mack
Old 05-24-2015, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinaw View Post
Perhaps his idea of getting out with his kids was so he could bond with his kids that day not you. You did not mention the kids mother so it could be it is his only day to sent with them..... not saying what you tried to do was wrong I commend you for trying to help kids enjoy fishing but alot of times we don't know the whole story. Keep up the good work.

Mack
True...but the kids came up to me as I was storing a couple of nice 15 inch pan fry size bows in the truck. They asked how do you catch them so I helped them...Dad or boyfriend got pizzed off,,,oh well...aint the end of the earth... What really grinds my gears as how he left the pond. Yup reallygotta lay it to the floor,make sure the chip kicks in...and we can hear your from a mile away...Just my rant...
Old 05-24-2015, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehunter View Post
True...but the kids came up to me as I was storing a couple of nice 15 inch pan fry size bows in the truck. They asked how do you catch them so I helped them...Dad or boyfriend got pizzed off,,,oh well...aint the end of the earth... What really grinds my gears as how he left the pond. Yup reallygotta lay it to the floor,make sure the chip kicks in...and we can hear your from a mile away...Just my rant...
Well keep an eye on the other forums you may find his rant about the dick that spoiled his day with his kids........lol have a good one icehunter

Mack
Old 05-24-2015, 11:55 PM

All signs point to a highly insecure individual. We've all seen them with big truck, nothin' to tow and scribbles on their body with nothing to say. You had knowledge that he did not, and that threatened him. Hopefully he plays a small part in the kid's upbringing.

Good on you for sharing a little with them.

Survivor of the dread covid
Pureblood!
Old 05-25-2015, 06:00 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Lever View Post
All signs point to a highly insecure individual. We've all seen them with big truck, nothin' to tow and scribbles on their body with nothing to say. You had knowledge that he did not, and that threatened him. Hopefully he plays a small part in the kid's upbringing.

Good on you for sharing a little with them.
Lots of them around nowadays....but how was the fishing?

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...